Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: List of Suggestions by Players ((read before posting new threads))  (Read 42218 times)

Weeman0000

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: List of Suggestions by Players ((read before posting new threads))
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 12:55:22 PM »

Hey, Iv got a list, i know a few of these are already on the list but heres some of the ones iv come up with thus far.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That pigment color setup we have just now... its not that good.

What about a R/B/G color wheel?

And instead of having hundreds of colors to craft just make three:

Red Paint: Crafted from red flowers and plastic
Blue Paint: Crafted from blue flowers and plastic
Green Paint: Crafted from green flowers and plastic

Paint Kit: Crafted from 1 of each of the above.

And seeing as all the paint you can apply will come from red, blue and green it makes sence. So where you would need 3x orange paint for your craft you will only need 1 paint kit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor Crafting might be possible aswell.

Just add a wire-frame of the male and female starting armor along with a helm and gloves to the crafting tabs and from there we would be able to make our own armor that shouldn't look weird as we would effectively just be adding mini blocks to already existing armor.
Component Crafting.
The ability to build turrets, street lights, signs and general objects that wouldn't require a core.

I would love to build my own controllable turret and then use that controllable turret to add to different vehicles as appose to using the one available rebuilt model.

Also signs to craft, build and place.
I made a sign to place next to my mine but it required a core. :\
Also we need the ability to right click on a required item from a ISO and change it instead of rebuilding.

For instance Wooden sword needs a wooden handle and 20 wood. We should be able to right click on the wood icon and change it to one of the other materials meening you could make an upgraded sword from better materials but would be identical to the wooden one.
Scale?
We need a way to judge how big vehicles and weapons are when crafting them.

I made what i thought was a full size tower shield only to find when crafting that it was no bigger than a watch (LOL)

Also vehicle scaling, my ATV looked like a truck. We should be able to test drive our creations on a small bit of land in the editor so we can see how they handle prior to building, my helicopter flew on its side because it wasn't too stable, but i had no way to judge that before crafting it.
Pigment removal.
Like the changing wood to stone you should be able to delete items on your build such as pigments.
Boats and planes and rockets?
Being able to make your own tools, bows, spears and two-handed weapons
I would also like the ability to click on a recipe's requirements to get the recipe. As long as that required item is craft able by the player.

Lets say i want to make glass but i need fuel, id like to click on the fuel icon and have it jump to the fuel recipe to make crafting a little less tedious.
Better vehicle guns without the bases and maybe smaller versions as well as larger ones.
Smooth!!
We need a smooth tool to round off parts of the model, like a paint tool only it would round the edges more than is possible.
Tracks for tracked vehicles :D
Fuel Station
Craft-able fuel pump you fill with fuel so you can park up next to it and it will automatically add fuel to your vehicle from its inventory.
Maybe a hand held jerry can for when your out and about.
Picking up buildings.
As it is my buildings were WAYYYY larger than i needed due to scaling mishaps, so much so that 3 of the buildings have completely filled my base and iv not even put my 4th one down.
It would be good if you could pick them up like you do the vehicles, that way i could move my base or even replace buildings.
Repairing vehicles. Wheels should fall off and/or break but the rubber ones should have more bounce to them. At the moment i cant travel at any speed (without making a flat road) without smashing up my Humvee M2... and its a pain in the arse to replace!
Damage should be done to wheels, general hull (whatever the blocks are made off) and then chairs and cockpit ect. As it is i can drive from one camp to another and back and my cars ablaze! lol
Bullets
It would be nice to have small arms, rifle rounds and high velocity rifle rounds and there barrels for weapon crafting.
Side note, my 400 dmg pistol does little to no damage to most enemy's same with my 400 dmg rifle (altho it fires faster)
The ability to delete scripts would be nice, wooden tools serve no purpose when you have gold.
Vehicle Tools.
Much like vehicle weaponry it would be good if we could add tools to the vehicles.
Two spring to mind, tunnel bore and steam roller. One makes a tunnel and the second flattens the ground. Im not talking smooth ground im talking FLAT so flat that there's no chance of smashing my car to smithereens on small bumps left behind :D
Option to turn off mouse steering.
Laser gun barrels so we can craft our own laser guns.
Vehicle inventory's
Much like your personal inventory you should be able to place a storage module on the vehicle.
This could be used with the tunnel bore and steam roller. (put dirt and stone ect into the vehicles storage or use the stored materials when flattening the ground)
Defensive AI behavior upgrade.
In defensive mode they should automatically shoot at any target you engage regardless of if you have been hit or not.
They should also switch to melee if the target is within X meters and when the fight is over switch back to ranged but never run after a target, just switch to ranged if the target trys to put some distance between them.
Personal waypoints.
Different from POI markers, waypoints would be more like mission waypoints showing you the direction you need to travel to get to it.
Larger helicopter building area's so we can craft an illusion of a plane :p

Thats all i can think off at the moment, im sure there will be more tho.

EDIT: Heres what iv managed to make so far. (even tho the guns and front of the chinook looks weird)
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2340/ex7h.jpg
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:31:55 PM by Weeman0000 »

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

WURM Online did that where the material components in the dye determine the RGB color.   

It has user issues in that not everyone is familiar with the color triangle, especially when the gfx artists implement it as additive RGB light because that is all they know, even though HSV is more intuitive to paint with but that gets right back to requiring various hue and shade components.  To top it off they implement using vertex color shaders which give different results depending on video drivers used, yet the game programming infers that it should be done subtractively like inks which could be RYB or CMY or even CMYK.  And to top it all off they never implement tie-dye even though it is a natural for that type of system!

These types of color mixing are nowadays automated by printers and something taught only for digital color artists.  Requiring players to be trained as color artists to effectively use the feature, when all they wanted was an orange buggy, yet the trained color artist is complaining you did not use a proper Pantone or CIEXYZ, or CIELAB* colorimetry system. 

That is the reason Home Depot has a wall of paint colors to choose from, rather than asking you for the mix formula you want.   The same reason Crayola does not sell you three crayons.

It is one of those good in theory bad in practice ideas.

Good point about creator scale, maybe they could have your avatar standing there directing the build, making it more of an in-game hologram type thing.   Kinda like in Minecraft your avatar watches you get into its inventory.  Other than color mixing all good ideas, some of which have come up before.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:55:36 PM by yarnevk »

Weeman0000

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 01:16:41 AM »

Im not sure i fully understand that whole RGB explanation :o However im sure something similar could be added, the RGB wheel/triangle/square was just a suggestion, As it is there's only a handful of colors and none of them are tan or gray! LOL my military vehicles and weapons look so horrible haha

Id like to think if MS Paint can have a color wheel/triangle/square so should this game. however if it is somehow impossible i guess alot more paint is in order. But 100's of colors = 100's of recipes, if there was just 1 recipe that made sense like "Pot of paint" then it would be all good.

As for the scale, yeah i was thinking along the lines of sketchup... 2D guy in the corner OR a better idea would be to allow you to place a mesh in the model. (but you cant export the model with that mesh in it.)

Also added fuel stations and picking up buildings to my list of suggestions :p
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:45:44 PM by Weeman0000 »

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 01:18:30 PM »

My complicated RGB explanation of different color systems is exactly why it should not be done, it becomes incredibly confusing.

The problem is they are not implementing it as a paint program but as vats of dye.   So the color wheel to choose colors is not fitting the concept, simply because it requires resources to implement colors, you do not want colors you cannot make to be selectable.   You also do not want users confused about color science wasting resources trying to make the color they want.

If there are colors missing put in a suggestion for them to be added, certainly more camo colors would be desired, though the game is intentionally using a more colorful palette.

A good solution would be to add an artists style paint palette, so once you have the dozen basic paints we have now, you can mix them.   Simply create a dye container and and do a controlled pour from the other dye containers, most easily implemented as a replicator script by the game, but more flexibly implemented with its own UI so you can make your own colors.  Then the basic solution is you stick with the available dozen or so colors with no color science required, and the advanced solution you need artist training to understand how to use it, and it cost you wasted resources when you make the wrong colors.  This fits into the the layering of complexity in the game (buy a basic sword, or make a custom one)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:30:29 PM by yarnevk »

Weeman0000

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 01:03:33 AM »

You also do not want users confused about color science wasting resources trying to make the color they want.

It would be good if a dev could have a look at this post and give a clear yes or no towards the color suggestion, but to clear up the confusion about "color science". All we need is a craft able pot of paint made from basic color's (plants) that is used when exporting a model instead of X numbers of specific paint.

Maybe even if it was just a basic version of what MS paint has, it would be better than what we have atm.

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 01:32:02 PM »

This is not about if the devs know how to make colorwheels using different color systems, it is about if you players have that knowledge.  Paint programs color wheel are mixes of colored light sources that use opposing color science than the game mechanic that is using dyes and paints which are reflectors rather than mixers of light. So you do not want to use a paint programs RGB or HSV color wheel, you instead want to use an artists palette which mixes different colors of paint/dye together, simply because that reflects the game mechanic that your character is not mixing light sources (unless of course they are when the colored lights are added to the game so you can pimp your car with light ropes)   

Using colored light 2 parts red and 1 part green makes bright pumpkin orange, but in paints that is a dark clay brown.    To make orange in CMYK it would be two parts yellow and 1 part magenta, and some white if it is paint, if it is dye it depends on how far the surface is from white. So adding a color wheel only adds confusion when it is not in sync with the actual game mechanic of using paint/dye rather than light, the game seems to use subtraction color properly because paint and dyes look different already as they should.

If you stick to the basic dozen of colors that we have already then the player who is happy with the default color palette can go on about their business of using orange with the only knowledge required of what flowers/minerals that requires.   The budding artist can then mix the basic dozen to make new colors and the advanced artist knows he only needs a handful of basic colors and shades (CMYKW) to make them all.   There is no color wheel light mixers that inherently conflict with the game mechanic of mixing paints and dyes causing confusion because they are founded on completely different color sciences, it only requires artist knowledge of how to mix dyes/paints they have, but that is OK because it is the advanced system provided for that very purpose.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:18:48 PM by yarnevk »

delusional

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »

I have a little list of suggestions, I think some/all of these would be nice features.

1. Ability to turn templates in create mode (able to turn side seats/stairs/doors etc. to face backwards or sideways, turrets able to be mounted with the turret's base to side of vehicle or upside down)

2. Underwater weapon like a harpoon gun.

3. A tool for harvesting more than one flora at a time.

4. Use iron or other metal to make arrows for the tip.

As a side note the dyes could be done the way hair/eye/skin color are picked in character creation and have the pigments require whatever colors at certain amounts to mix to make the color picked. Just a suggestion on how could be done without needing a lot of knowledge on coloring, but could still keep some basic colors for those that just want to use a preset color.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:48:06 PM by delusional »

Weeman0000

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »

Ok yeah that was a better description of what you men't, or at least i understood that one better. There were games iv played where iv painted something one color and it has been either a different shade or color ingame (sure it was a driving game)

I like numbers 2, 3 and 4! and im sure number 1 will be done.
On another side note about the paint, what do they meen about alpha cutoff? Am i right in thinking that basically we add a texture and it will show ingame? Totally eliminating the whole color madness if you wish?

If it is then i have to say im super excited for .70! who needs colors when you can just use textures!

EDIT: added ten more suggestions to my original list and yeah, from the update pic on the homepage it looks like the crafting has had a HUGE overhaul!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:32:07 PM by Weeman0000 »

roger4325

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »

instead of deleting scripts maybe the could just make categories so hat if you need a shovel click on the tools go to shovels and boom wood steel stone etc. all in there that way the recipes could be better then scrolling through the huge list even though they are alphabetical and not that bad if you know what your looking for

Monty

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 03:54:08 AM »

I'd like to see the ability to customize the buttons in build mode.

The build mode delete function is mapped to Alt and in Linux Alt is tied to move window. When running the game in windowed mode and trying to delete a series of blocks I'm constantly dragging the game window.

FayaAOP

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »

Hi, first post here and allready a suggestion^^
I absolutly love the game as it is, except for one thing.

Either it is my eyesight or the ingame engine, but it is impossible for me to flatten an area to the point where it is smooth and on one level.
In all the sandboxy digging games, i build my bases underground, mining the whole map, where it is possible. I cant do that here as i am unable to see if i dig even or down or up, as there is no grid to orientate myself on.
Now, by sheer luck i found another sandbox game with digging/building features whilest looking for PE on steam.
It is voxel based but you have the option of enabling a grid ingame making straight digging on one level possible. Without this feature it seemss i am unable to process the ingame graphics trough my eyes to be able to build on even levels.
So yea, i would love to see a similar or exact mechanic inside PE, as for now i cant build properly.

You have an awesome game here, a mining grid and maybe a tech tree and showing how much of each material you have during crafting and i would instantly invest money :)

Sorry for the long post and possibly wrong english at times, but it aint my native language :)

kraxas

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »

didnīt find it in thelist so here we go:

the ability to build buildings / houses and such in the creation-mode (as ISOīs )

or am I just too dumb to realize itīs already possible ??

:-)

kraxas

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 12:23:38 PM »

ok found it in this forum part: building-ISOīs seem to be a technical obstacle (UNITY engine making all ISOīs  meshes...)

so I have to stick to block-building houses. *sigh*

anyways. thx. great game....

and the vehicle editor keeps me busy anyways

btw: one suggestion to stillmake buildings as ISO worthwhile: limit the number of buildings in a colony to a fixed amount.
that way it shouldnīt be too taxing on the unity engine i suppose

essenceoflove

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »

The occasional herbivore munching on its preferred plant would add to the already excellent ambiance. The plant remains or despawns after is unimportant to me. Although if it does despawn, that could be incorporated into crop protection. I think new plants spawn, or grow. Not sure, but I swear I've cleared an area, then return later to find more. Great idea with that one.

I like seeing babies roaming with their herds. On that, nests with eggs and chicks on cliffs/mountains for the flying creatures would be awesome. Blue scrabbled eggs anyone? XD

Being able to turn florescent lights on and off would be great for mining. Torches going out irritates me, and campfires in mines is unrealistic.

I've read that people have constructed buildings in the editor. I don't know if that feature wasn't available in the demo. If it was removed from the game, I hope you put it back in. Or create a way that we can drag building objects that are placed. Trying to align fences and glass for windows is difficult and ends up looking sloppy. I don't want to spend and hour on a 3x3 space trying to make window glass line up. Is there a way to paint buildings in game?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:07:50 PM by essenceoflove »

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »

mob sizing is moving from random to three for performance reasons; hopefully they go with runt, adult and boss as I like seeing the little ones out there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9