Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: List of Suggestions by Players ((read before posting new threads))  (Read 43362 times)

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: List of Suggestions by Players ((read before posting new threads))
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »

+ More hair and face styles

See the Alpha 0.88 on Steam Beta announcement on the official site. The first two new features/changes are:

* New face types
 * New hair types

+ Different races to play (only in multiplayer mode to avoid compromising the story)

See the list of goals on the Kickstarter page. The $350,000 mark is to play as an alien in multiplayer. And the $1 million mark is play as an alien in story mode.

True, they didn't make that much in the Kickstarter. But it was stated "we plan to do [all the goals] anyway once we have the capacity", whether or not they've been reached.

In the meanwhile, I think character customization is very robust. We can make our characters look very different with a variety of body shapes, face options, hair and skin tones.

+ Catalog with colleted material, defeated monster etc...

Having a computer automatically catalog all the monsters we defeat? Sounds rather like a Pokédex™ to me. PE seems to emphasize realism and is about survival on a harsh planet, so I'm not sure that would mesh well.

+ Flashing red screen (example color) when near death

I could see that helping to warn that the player is about to die.

+ Ctrl+mouse scroll to change weapon/tool/etc on bars

That'd be handy.

+ Unlock skills according to the use of weapons (level system)

I'm not sure if a skill system would work for PE. Also, a lot of the time players will be using custom-made weapons. So, if a weapon skill system was implemented, it would have to be simplistic.

There'd be Sword, Laser, Shotgun (new), and perhaps split conventional guns into Handgun and Rifle.

Currently, there is no differentiation between swords, axes and hammers. Technically, they're all "swords."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:14:07 PM by Thundercraft »

Antrus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2015, 07:56:59 PM »

+ More hair and face styles

See the Alpha 0.88 on Steam Beta announcement on the official site. The first two new features/changes are:

* New face types
 * New hair types

+ Different races to play (only in multiplayer mode to avoid compromising the story)

See the list of goals on the Kickstarter page. The $350,000 mark is to play as an alien in multiplayer. And the $1 million mark is play as an alien in story mode.

True, they didn't make that much in the Kickstarter. But it was stated "we plan to do [all the goals] anyway once we have the capacity", whether or not they've been reached.

In the meanwhile, I think character customization is very robust. We can make our characters look very different with a variety of body shapes, face options, hair and skin tones.

+ Catalog with colleted material, defeated monster etc...

Having a computer automatically catalog all the monsters we defeat? Sounds rather like a Pokédex™ to me. PE seems to emphasize realism and is about survival on a harsh planet, so I'm not sure that would mesh well.

+ Flashing red screen (example color) when near death

I could see that helping to warn that the player is about to die.

+ Ctrl+mouse scroll to change weapon/tool/etc on bars

That'd be handy.

+ Unlock skills according to the use of weapons (level system)

I'm not sure if a skill system would work for PE. Also, a lot of the time players will be using custom-made weapons. So, if a weapon skill system was implemented, it would have to be simplistic.

There'd be Sword, Laser, Shotgun (new), and perhaps split conventional guns into Handgun and Rifle.

Currently, there is no differentiation between swords, axes and hammers. Technically, they're all "swords."

########################################

first, thx for your attemption
when I saw the topic , I thought you were collecting suggestions and had not read the patch notes (sorry , haha​) and after your anwsers, i did red the metas of kickstarter
It has only two days to play and I do not regret having bought
hopefully the game will continue to evolve, because I too like him

@ the idea of ​​the catalog came in the truth of Castlevania Aria (and Dawn) of Sorrow  :) see:

on the other answers , I understood... and once again , thx for your attention

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2015, 09:36:57 PM »

Sure. But just so there's no misunderstanding:
I'm not a dev, so don't take my reply as anything more than my opinion.
I'm just a player and PE fan who felt your post deserved a reply. :)

Antrus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2015, 08:11:41 PM »

Sure. But just so there's no misunderstanding:
I'm not a dev, so don't take my reply as anything more than my opinion.
I'm just a player and PE fan who felt your post deserved a reply. :)

you answered my questions and took part of what I said... my thanks are the same for anyone, whether administrator or common forum member  :)

about the catalog, did you like?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:13:23 PM by Antrus »

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2015, 03:51:10 AM »

- arrows look like they explode stop that and actually make explosive tipped arrows

I agree. (About explosive-tipped. But don't "stop that." Arrows should always glow or something with impact so we know where they hit and can aim properly.)

They should add scripts to allow us to craft explosive-tipped arrows, Dukes of Hazard style:
Bo and Luke Duke Destroy the Outhouse

Simple: Craft dynamite (or bombs) and attach to arrows. I don't see any reason why that should be impossible. We can craft ammunition for guns. Even laser weapons, automated turrets, and entire aircraft and boats. Why not explosives of all sorts? Maybe even grenade launchers and explosives with timers and remote detonators.

I've heard that in the opt-in beta branch guns have been really nerfed. And not only does the bow and arrow not do much damage, it won't allow you to move fast, making you a sitting duck as monsters run up and maul you to death.

Besides, I think we should have a reason to keep a bow around even after we're able to craft guns, lasers, and vehicles. It could help keep things interesting and give players another combat option.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:06:43 PM by Thundercraft »

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

This morning I realized a few more features that would be good to see in PE.

1) Water Pumps & Faucets/Outlets: The need to move water around has been mentioned. But I thought of a way to implement this. All that's really needed are two new objects that can be placed practically anywhere (a floor, a slope, a wall, etc): A Water Pump object and a Water Outlet object. As long as the Water Pump is submerged below the water line, it should pump water out to any Water Outlet(s) in the immediate area. One could just assume or imagine that they're connected by pipe. (Or, if you really wanted, we could have a pipe system, too. Or aquaducts.) Range could be {x} number of yards or meters or whatever. Longer distances could, perhaps, be done by setting up pump stages.

Note: Assuming we could provide water to our colony in some way that could function as irrigation, perhaps that would reduce or eliminate the "water plants" task for farming? Perhaps that could allow us to grow a bigger yield or cut down on the number of workers?

2) Switches & Wiring: Notice how all the light objects in the game are always on? And all the custom light objects we can built in the Creation System are off by default. How about a method to tie all the lights in an area, a building, or in a room together with wiring and switch them on or off with switches? The wires wouldn't have to be visible all the time, but we'd need a method to see and connect them.

3) Pressure Plates: Notice how most of the doors look futuristic, like something out of a sci-fi show or movie? They slide open after interacting with them. But shouldn't they slide open automatically for humans, yet keep pesky critters outside? We need Pressure Plate objects that we can wire to doors. And they should be adjustable so we can set the weight limits that trigger them. That way they'd open for PCs and NPCs, yet keep out critters both larger and smaller than us.

4) Traps: As long as we have Pressure Plates, why not traps to connect them to? They would complement those automated turrets nicely. (Actually, as simple as traps are, I'm surprised we get automated turrets before traps.) Traps could be such like trap doors, leading to rooms or small pits to drown them or impale them on spikes. Or perhaps have trapped critters fight other critters? Traps could also be spikey impaling things, saw blades, or guns and such to shoot them. Even explosives.

Note: For a trap door, if we can wire pressure plates to doors, all we would need is the ability to rotate the doors we already have in-game to make them horizontal. That, and be able to open them fast enough. (Also, optionally, it'd be good to have some way to have them close again automatically, so as to reset the trap.) The Factory Gate is huge and closes wickedly fast. Sadly, they open slow. None of them snap open.

5) Invasion Alarm: While we're at it, why not an alarm or klaxon? It'd be pretty cool to have an optional alarm to sound when our colony gets invaded by critters or Pujans. It could be connected to a Pressure Plate to be critter activated. Even better if we could choose a sound file to use for the alarm. When we eventually get the ability to play as Pujans, I could imagine their alarm sounding a pre-recorded "Death to the invaders!" battle cry. (That, or maybe blowing some sort of horn trumpet.)

6) Sweat & Grime Meter: One of the Kickstarter goals was to (eventually) allow PCs to marry an NPC. How about a "Sweat & Grime" meter that builds slowly over time? A PC would need to submerge in water to either reduce or zero this. And if the meter builds too high it could make it difficult to interact with NPCs, at least for the romance dialog options. I suppose if the player is on a world with very little water, it might be nice to have an alternative. Maybe being able to make cologne or perfume to reduce the meter, or make romance options a bit easier to achieve?

7) Hot Springs: Consider how (according to Hitomi) Maria has more water than Earth and caves are more common. Also, Maria is much younger than Earth. As such, I would think hot springs and geothermal spots would be commonplace. Some sort of Survival Mode, with the need to keep warm, is supposed to be implemented eventually. Right? If that comes to pass, why not have hot springs? The game would merely have to randomly choose spots in underground bodies of water to be "hot" or a hot spring source. Pumping such water to your nearby colony should convey that warmth. Perhaps we could even build a geothermal power plant on top of such locations and transmit that energy to our nearby colony either wirelessly or through wires?

8) Drawbridges: Granted, it's a medieval concept. But it is simple and it worked. Anyway, this is a dangerous planet. And, eventually, the critters or Pujans attacking your front door (or the walls) will break it down. Some players want to build their colony/base as a fort, sometimes even as a castle. Besides, we could have a modern retractable bridge that goes into a recess or at least make it modern-looking. Even better if we had pressure plates so it could raise and lower for humans automatically. Or perhaps we could wire a drawbridge to raise whenever a colony invasion alarm sounds?

Note: I am reminded of suggestion (4), Traps, in that it would involve a horizontally-placed "door." Though, none of the prefab doors seem suitable for a drawbridge. Perhaps if we could wire a pressure plate to a hinge part as used in a custom ISO, then we could create our own drawbridge?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:52:53 PM by Thundercraft »

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2015, 05:54:46 AM »

Recently, as I was designing some guns, I came up with some gun-related suggestions.

1) Accuracy Indicator: You know how some FPS games give an Accuracy score, based on the ratio of shots fired vs. shots that hit a valid target? I thought it'd be nice to have this. It could show up at the bottom of the screen after shooting at least two bullets and then fade away if the shooting stops.

2) MG Bullet Muzzle: The SS (Single-Shot) Bullet Muzzle can fire rapidly when clicking the mouse fire button rapidly. But my finger gets tired pretty quickly. You can not just hold it down to fire. In contrast, guns with the MS (Multi-Shot) Bullet Muzzle will still fire when you hold the fire button down. It could be nice to see some degree of auto-fire with SS muzzles with the button held down. That, or add a new type of muzzle: MG Bullet Muzzle for "Machine Gun".

3) Laser Sight Object: It may be mostly cosmetic, since we do have a small indicator which shows where our gun is pointed. But it would still be nice to have a Laser Sight object we could add to guns. It would look cool and perhaps shine a glowing red dot on our target (assuming it's close enough to see.).

4) Object Placement & the "Floor": In the Creation Editor some objects - such as Boat Rudder, Boat Propeller, & Carrier Jet Exhaust - can even be placed so a portion extends below the bottom or floor. (Part of it must still be within the build area.) But other objects - such as the Handgun Grip, Rifle Grip, & Vehicle Headlight - have limits such that they can not extend below the floor at all. This limit seems unnecessarily prohibitive.

ChaoticGamer

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2015, 06:13:52 AM »

listing weapons:
Gatling guns (no creation mode for it)
shotgun (usable creation mode) *check*
artiliry cannons (non-creation mode, depolyable when it is used by players as they set)
Javlen (throwing spears)

vehicals parts or should added:
hover cars/tanks/truck/bike/mechas
treds ((tank treds) I think I say tha tone)

I thank you google finding me this img and also linking its website who had this connected too : http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/show/7824/making-of-sturmtiger

Easter Eggs:
Portal, seeing the cube compaion teleported in the story mode that have to be field of yellow grass (pick upable item as decroation)
Halo, story mode, finding part broken halo ring on a island
skyrim, joke phase "I use to be adventure like you until I took an arrow to the knee" put into the robot/andriods guards
Minecraft, seeing minecraft default skin "Steve" woundering around in a cave in story mode
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:11:23 AM by ChaoticGamer »
If the person made up story, never know other ppl story could be end up true story for he/she the one who is in that story.

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »

Recently, I realized how nice it would be to see more variety in energy weapons. Right now, in projectile weapons we have hand guns (SS Muzzle), rifles (MS Muzzle), and shotguns. But in terms of energy all we have is the laser gun. How about...

Particle Beam Gun or Particle Projector Cannon: (See this wikipedia article on Particle-beam weapons.) I'm thinking of another gun that uses the battery. But instead of a beam of light, it shoots a burst of charged particles like an energy projectile. And similar to Mega Man's main arm cannon, one could hold the button down and charge it up for a much bigger and more powerful projectile or burst. (Like a miniature cyclotron that stores more and more particles.) This would be especially useful when engaging large birds or boss monsters as one could run around charging, then let loose a large blast.

Tesla Gun or Lightning Canon: This would be the energy weapon equivalent to a shotgun. It would have short range, but a shotgun-like spread of damage, able to hit more than one target. Possible, it might even have a lightning arc to spread to more than one target.

Also, it might have been mentioned before, but it'd be nice to be able to switch batteries (like swapping clips) with a certain key press so we can change them during combat. Right now it's a bit of a hassle to swap them.

Finally, would you consider bringing back the Arrow Turret (see this wiki page) in some way? I really like the idea of a cheap, tier 1 turret that uses arrows instead of bullets or other ammo.

I did see the 2013 thread which pointed out how players were relying on turrets too much and not using personal weapons enough. The proposed solution was to make turrets much more expensive and difficult to use, and much more powerful, which seems to have been implemented already.

Granted, having a material cost of a mere 10 wood is ridiculously cheap. But perhaps make the materials more difficult? Perhaps not just wood, but some iron and copper (for the mechanical parts) and a 500 MHz processor? Even doing a bit less damage, I think some players would choose to build arrow turrets instead of the Sentry Type 01 because arrows are much less resource intensive than bullets.

Perhaps a portable laser turret that uses batteries for ammo?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:17:19 PM by Thundercraft »

ChaoticGamer

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2016, 01:20:55 AM »

you forgot check the bows and armor.

New list suggestions and old suggetions:

- LMG (you got the shotgun all set, LMG is needed)
- Gatling Gun (keep it default)
- Power Gloves (this will help players who use fist as their weapons)
- Parry (kind of like dark souls accept its a push back when enemy got parry instead falling the floor and getting stab over 1k dmg, replacer for shield if it come using dual wield weapons as in block which we don't want make ppl fall when they got parried which I want to push them back and then I start wacking back)
- Boomerrang like (able mod weapons because people can make awesome version weapon)
- Still need grenade launcher
- Revolver Handle  gun

Pretty much that is it as so far I am thinking.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:31:14 PM by ChaoticGamer »
If the person made up story, never know other ppl story could be end up true story for he/she the one who is in that story.

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2016, 08:45:56 AM »

* Occasional Underground Facilities in Towns in Adventure Mode

It would be awesome to find some of the towns in Adventure Mode having some underground facilities. Even better, if an occasional NPC can be found down there, as if some of them live or work underground.

Building into the earth has some good advantages, like the temperature being comfortable year-round. And Maria's surface is dangerous. Creatures attack our colonies constantly, including giant birds. Also, building with dirt and rock is... well, cheap.

I can imagine stumbling across an NPC mine entrance, perhaps even finding someone down there, as if they're taking a break from mining. I can also imagine storm shelters, or perhaps a partially underground warehouse or storage facility. To help find them, there should be an entrance like stairs down and/or a sign.

I could also imagine some dugout-style homes, like a pit-house or earth lodge. Though, even a modern house can be partially or wholly underground, such as an earth sheltered home.

* What if Trees Regrew a While After Cutting Them Down...?

Currently, trees do not regrow - not even in the wilderness, away from colonies, camps and such. Granted, if trees did regrow, that would cause a mess if you cut them down to make room for your colony... and they grew back. But you could have rules like: (A) trees near camps and such do not regrow, and (B) placing blocks, voxels, or objects on land where there was a tree would prevent it from regrowing.

An Even Better Method: You could have trees drop seeds whenever cut down, leaving them behind as a static object, perhaps in the shape of an acorn or nut. Instead of automatically picking these up (like the new glowing balls drops), these could stay unless manually picked up (like animal feces). And if we do pick the seeds up, then the tree will not regrow. But if we leave the seeds behind, then it will eventually regrow.

As for how the game might work this: {Step 1} I'm thinking that if you left the seeds on the ground and left the area, the game would instantly put little 'Sapling' tree models there, which would be visible if/when you returned to the area. (The model for the tiny little trees in the Forest biome would do.) {Step 2} If you left the area again, after revisiting it, the Saplings would either be replaced with Young or Mature trees. Young trees would use the same model as regular (Mature) trees; they'd simply be scaled to about half of the (randomized) fully mature height and would produce half the resources if cut. {Step 3} After leaving a second time, the Young trees would be replaced with regular, or Mature trees.

Keep in mind: The game would not have to keep track of how many times a player visits an area. No, all it would need to do is make a couple very quick checks as the terrain scrolls: (1) If a seed is about to leave the viewable area, replace it with a Sapling, (2) If a Sapling is leaving the view area, replace it with a Young (or Mature) tree {which is just a scaled-down tree}, and (3) If a Young tree is leaving the view area, replace it with a Mature tree {which is just scaled up to the full amount}.

Note 1: Handling multiplayer sounds tricky on the surface. But, you could have the above checks take effect only if all players left the area (i.e., taking into account any overlapping view areas of players over the same network) - that is, swaps would take place when the tree leaves the last player's viewable area.

Or, if it would be a performance issue, perhaps just disable tree regrowth when more than one person is online? Otherwise, perhaps only allow checks if there are CPU cycles to spare?

Note 2: You could skip the Young phase, if desired, and go straight from Sapling to Mature. But it would be more realistic this way.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:39:04 AM by Thundercraft »

ChaoticGamer

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 04:51:08 AM »

I always wonder what happen to the skill tree?  It wasn't that bad, accept that it need some buff and changes... I still want use all the axes that aren't same materials or modded axe.  Pretty much I just think it need heavy changes without getting the point super rough.

Anyway, few suggestion list
- Laser cannon (man handle weapon)
- Motar gun
- Bazooka/Rocket launcher/ Missle Launcher.

Pretty much that is it I guess.

Yoan

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:34 PM »

above sea level rivers and lakes in adventure mode. Not sure if it's technically possible but I want it :(

the ability to scale procedurally generated terrain horizontally and vertically, if possible and reasonable. For example 4x horizontal and 2x vertical scale means that for every voxel generated it creates a 4 wide/long and 2 tall chunck of terrain.

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2016, 11:48:33 PM »

* Followers should warn player when they run out of ammo and when their weapons or armor needs repair

why do the followers comment on stuff I already know or the stuff I can't do anything about????  Why not useful  stuff like  "I'm out of ammunition" , "My gear needs repair" ???

Actually... I wish that followers would tell us when their gear needs repair. That would be useful. I haven't tested if they say anything about being out of ammo or arrows, but that would also be useful.

* Indicator (Bar) for Turret Durability

It would be incredibly useful to have a HP or durability indicator bar appear above the larger turrets so we can keep track of how much durability is left and take appropriate action. As there was no obvious indicator, I had falsely believed that large turrets were invulnerable to damage and that enemies could only destroy the blocks placed underneath them (which stops the turret from firing). So, I was rudely surprised when I first noticed that some of my turrets simply disappeared - without warning!

* Destroyed turrets should leave behind resources or parts

I think it's kind of silly for large turrets to simply vanish into thin air after being destroyed. They seem too big to simply disappear without a trace. And it's rather frustrating, after going to all that work to gather the resources and build them. I think it would be only fair that a destroyed turret would drop some of the resources or parts that was used to make it. Logically, one should be able to salvage some amount of metal or parts from the wreckage!

* Have the 3 different Herbal Juice recipes produce a common Herbal Juice product
* Have the 3 different Restoration Bandage recipes produce a common Restoration Bandage

There are three different recipes for Herbal Juice, which require different ingredients. Likewise, there are three different recipes for Restoration Bandage, each requiring different ingredients.

No matter which recipe is used, the end product works the same. Except, end products from different recipes do not stack. Herbal Juice from recipe #1 (common ingredients) do not stack with that from recipe #2 or #3. Likewise, Restoration Bandages (common ingredients) do not stack with those made from rare ingredients, either.

The fact that they do not stack is an inconvenience. But, the fact that Followers will only automatically heal themselves with Herbal Juice from recipe #1 or Restoration Bandages from recipe #1 is downright frustrating. If you give followers Herbal Juice made from recipe #2 or recipe #3, they will -not- use them to heal themselves.

To compound this frustrating problem, all types of Herbal Juice and all types of Restoration Bandage have the same name. At the very least, if these were given different names, then we would be able to tell which ones our followers will use and which ones they won't. (Which sounds silly, doesn't it?)

It should not be difficult to have all Herbal Juice recipes produce the same item that stacks, and make all Restoration Bandages stack. Doing so would also have Followers use Herbal Juice and Restoration bandages no matter how they were created.

Besides, our inventory gets cluttered enough without multiple types of the same heal items.

Note: I reported this as a bug. However, my bug report was closed because quote, "It's designed like this." So, I'm posted this as a suggestion.

* Bring back the AI Turret for vehicles

Many, many versions ago, PE had AI Turret parts that could be added to vehicles. These were similar to the turrets we can add to vehicles today. Except, it automatically fired at enemies instead of being player-controlled.

Today, these AI Turret parts have been repurposed as the main component in the construction of custom AI Turrets (via the Construction System). I know these were repurposed because when we load up an old vehicle ISO that used one of these AI Towers, it looks identical and the part is named the same. Sadly, though, we can't actually build a vehicle with these parts: AI Laser Tower, AI Gatling Tower, AI Missile Tower.

I suggest that these AI Turrets be brought back for vehicles. If they were too powerful, then nerf it, but please bring them back. If it annoyed players by automatically shooting at wildlife, all you have to do is restrict it so that it only shoots at hostile NPCs and only when the vehicle is in Weapon Aiming mode (toggled with "F" key). And players who would still find these annoying can choose to not build a vehicle with them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:10:36 PM by Thundercraft »

ChaoticGamer

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »

I suggest that these AI Turrets be brought back for vehicles. If they were too powerful, then nerf it, but please bring them back. If it annoyed players by automatically shooting at wildlife, all you have to do is restrict it so that it only shoots at hostile NPCs and only when the vehicle is in Weapon Aiming mode (toggled with "F" key). And players who would still find these annoying can choose to not build a vehicle with them.
Agreed, I am bit annoyed try to shoot on the ground using my flying vehicals or my ground vehcials, I think using a button holding the F instead tog it to make the turret go automatic shoot anything will come harm.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Always we are waiting for andriods to be working progress as drone floating around winning small companionship.  As now listing suggetion:

- mortar gun : (this mortar gun) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/2B16_gun-howitzer-mortar_4.jpg
- rail gun (there is such a real thing now, no more fanasty fiction)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]