Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 0.7 Mineral Location Thread *Spoilers abundant*  (Read 73763 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
0.7 Mineral Location Thread *Spoilers abundant*
« on: December 28, 2013, 03:58:43 AM »

*ahem*
I Plan on making this a 'where do I find this' thread for things.   We will include ores and items as of .70 as locations have changed for A lot of things.   

If you have any questions on locations, we can answer them here.  Then, I will update the OP with frequent questions and their answers.  When giving answers for location of ores or herbs, please give approximate coordinates.

Guess I went a little over board on the RP also known as one day I didn't feel like doing much of anything...Anyhow here's a metallurgical survey of the southern grassland area.

Coordinates are as close as the system allowed me...near enough for close up scanner use.

Edit: I put this picture donated by a very good community member
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:13:06 PM by Malus Tepes »
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Fantasy

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: New Find Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:10:54 AM »

I do have a question, I am new to the game and I understand how to use the scanner now. However I can't find oil ANYWHERE lol! can someone maybe help me out please ?

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 05:28:36 AM »

There's a topic about it on this page: http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=3537.0

Fantasy

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »

I read the post i was just curious if thers a spot where it normaly spawns more? like close to water or is it random ?

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:42:45 AM »

Sure, someone mentioned several spots here: http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=3540.0  :)

Fantasy

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »

Thank you very much! ive been searching for 3 hours xD

Urist McKiwi

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 06:08:29 AM »

Alright then. I'll edit this with anything interesting I spot with the scanner.

First up, there's a new aluminium deposit right next to the meteorite crater (11444,6859). Run a scan from the Camp Carter side of the crater and you'll see two deposits a fair way underground.

At the crater itself, the iron's still easy to find. The copper's a littler trickier....you have to use the scanner and dig down a little.

Edit: 29/12/13

There's a deep copper deposit at 12001, 7230 or so. Run a scan from there and you'll find it.

There appear to be massive aluminium deposits around 11838, 7547. The scanner's been giving me trouble lately but I'm fairly confident it's aluminium, not copper or iron (the other things I usually scan for). There's a cave system around there as well, but I think the deposit doesn't intersect with it. Nothing else on the scanner there.

There's a lot of oil at 11830, 7832. Good luck mining it though, because a decent bit of it is below water. There's enough stuff above there to mine if you're patient or like digging away an entire hill though.

Finding zinc is now a lot easier....there's a massive amount near the Rock Formation, some of which is visible from the surface at a nearby hill (10750, 7150)...it's visible on the side of the hill, so it's not something you can miss. There's also a bunch of iron and copper underground. (10668, 7133)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:29:31 PM by Urist McKiwi »

Urist McKiwi

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Re: New Find Thread *Spoilers abundant*
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »

In addition to the edits up above:

There's a decent sized coal seam at 10228, 7301. Like a lot of stuff, it's quite deep. I haven't dug down to it so I can't say if it's above or below the water table.

Edit: Interestingly, there's actually coal at the Meteorite crater as well. Didn't see it on the scanner, but when I was mining iron inside the crater rim I ran into it.
Edit2: Aluminium at 12500, 6565. Very close to the Carter camp. Also a large deposit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:02:49 AM by Urist McKiwi »

Domestos

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »

Large deposit of Aluminium at 11603,8555 just a short way SE of 'Natives Relic'

I hit the first deposits only four or five blocks down and it looks to go very deep

There is a downside...the quest mobs re-spawn on reloading the game! I did the quest then dug my mine deep enough to get away from the mobs...hoping I will be able to get back in before dying, if not I will dig a tunnel from the coast area.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:34:10 PM by Domestos »
Avoiding reality is now virtually possible

Lonecrowe

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »

I just want to know where is the mineral scanner for adventure mode?

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »

It is sadly... not available ((To be fixed in .71))

Its becuase it has the some hotkey as Help and Shop... and it shares the section with the Help Section... the problem is, in adventure is that there is no Help menu, just the shop. 

I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Urist McKiwi

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:49 PM »

Bump because it was missed: large Aluminium deposit at 12500, 6565. Very close to the Carter Camp, but a reasonable way down (I tunnelled into it from the coast to keep the workings nice and flat and it took a couple of iron picks....but I only did that because I like the third-person camera. Digging a steeper tunnel would get into it quite easily). I guess 0.7 is pretty well off in terms of the stuff.

Now I just wish I could get the handheld PC to default to "scanner" instead of "help" when I click the button. Ah well.

It'll be interesting to try this out in Adventure mode when we get scanner access. At present, there's always some ore around a place with a quest that needs ore (at least, in the early campaign). With Adventure mode being randomised, that might be quite different, and change things up a fair bit.

Domestos

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 11:11:44 PM »

Gold
(7609,7640)

Think this should read (7609,6740) and it is the mother lode, over 2k of ore and barely scratched the surface yet
Avoiding reality is now virtually possible

Lonecrowe

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 03:43:33 AM »

It is sadly... not available ((To be fixed in .71))

Its becuase it has the some hotkey as Help and Shop... and it shares the section with the Help Section... the problem is, in adventure is that there is no Help menu, just the shop.

Awesome thanks for letting me know.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going mad and maybe it was hidden somewhere as something you had to make etc. 

MerkerBenson

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

Yo, I'm back! I've been trying for over a week to post my own animal entry but I'll only have proper internet on the 2nd of January(attachments and stuff don't work properly). Can you make an exception for me and permit me a late entry? I've been away for the holidays and the 0.7 release mail caught my attention on Christmas :)

If not, will there be another contest?

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3