Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Decal Help  (Read 2937 times)

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Decal Help
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »

I need some help with decals and I've tried everything I know to fix it.  When I make a custom decal, and set it to the "diffuse" option, even though the decal is masked and has no background behind the image, there is still a white square that shows up, but only on the diffuse option.  Emission is masked correctly.  I know that it can be done, since I've downloaded other creations that have decals that can be set to diffuse without a white square around it. Anyone know how to fix that?

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Decal Help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »

Actually the only colors who don't appear in diffuse when you delete them are darker colors like black. chose black.

However it will keep are little borderline between the decal and the deleted area of the same color of the deleted area.

I don't know if there is any other solution. For me it work like this:

In deleted area
Emission:
black = [area deleted] - dark/black borderline.
same color of the decal border = [area deleted] - no borderline at all. better result of all, sadly it shine in the night.

Diffuse:
same color of the decal border = [area not deleted] - same color (tranparency) in all the deleted area.

So diffuse decal invisible area is not totally efficient because it work in emission when it don't work in diffuse for every other color than black.

I hope devs could fix it later when they go back to work in editor mode.

BKCXb

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:59:41 AM »

I used that photo as a base for my baster, but i built it up and painted it, no decal :-[

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 05:21:08 AM »

Diffuse:
same color of the decal border = [area not deleted] - same color (tranparency) in all the deleted area.

Ok, so if I'm understanding you correctly, I have to make a border around the entire decal of solid black to not get the dreaded "white box" glitch?

And @ BKCXb:  here's the link to my version of the blaster if you're interested :) http://planet-explorers-isos.com/planet-explorers/iso-details-hazzard65-semi-auto-laser-154.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:22:59 AM by Powerferret »

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:09:50 AM »

Ok, so the black border thing didn't work.  So this is an example of a decal that came from someone else's creation, that for some mysterious reason....WORKS. and I cant figure out why....

XxIcarusxx

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »

You should replace the entire white box by black before deleting it. Don't care of the black border, you can see it only if you are near it or if the decal is resized huge.

This decal is interesting, I can't understand how there could be a white border around the animal. The font seem to have 2 layers but the border is black if you are near it. I have just follow some tutorial about PE decal by using Gimp. I don't know which software FENEX use and how he do this. It could be very interesting to know because if you have a box of the same color that the inner decal, you could make a decal without any border in the end like the emission one of fenex. Certainly more interesting for emblem, logo, or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:18:27 AM by XxIcarusxx »

Powerferret

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 06:36:35 AM »

OK!! I found a workaround for this glitch until it is actually fixed.  If you fill the entire background with black and set it to 1% opacity, it will mostly eliminate the issue.  There will still be a super faint square around it, but it is barely noticeable.