Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Teamspeak for Clans  (Read 9754 times)

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
Teamspeak for Clans
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »

Ember Gaming
Community Teamspeak

Before I go further into what exactly this post is let me define a few things.  Is this an ad? Yes and no. It is an ad for a free service.  What is Teamspeak? Teamspeak is a voice over IP much like skype but far more organized with larger potentional.  Who am I? I go by Fiscon and I am the maintenance man running all this in the dark.  Is this still running? Absolutely. (5-May-2015).  This post is to notify all guilds and community players that Ember Gaming is a thing.  We are a teamspeak open to the public.  Come join us sometime, while I don't play myself much anymore I'm sure someone does!

The following links should be extremely helpful to your quest for a better guild com system.
Homepage: http://embergaming.net
Application: http://embergaming.net/guild-application.html
Rules & Tags: http://embergaming.net/rules--tags.html

Need To Know

There are quite a few things you might want to know before joining the Teamspeak.  Essentially what we offer for guilds who play with us.  Every guild has a custom tag in front of their name.
  • For example Ember's is [|ER|]
  • You can have up to four characters.
  • On our server runs a bot.
  • When you join the server, the bot looks at your tag and then moves you to the room corresponding with that tag.  So no matter how long the list is you won't have to worry about your members looking for your room!
  • The bot will also move any afk members (60+ no activity) to an afk channel.  Once you return from afk it moves you back.  It reads the last time you activated your mic or typed something in Teamspeak.  If a member does not have a mic we can exempt them from the list.
  • The bot will kick anyone with any characters besides A - Z and numbers.  This prevents people from impersonating officers.  [Moderator] and such.
  • Need help with something? Enter the support room, the bot will notify all Ember Gaming staff on the server, and tell you who they are.
  • It'll destroy bad named channels on creation and enter a complaint which we see later on.
  • Guild Leader and Officer power.  With great power comes great responsibility. Violate our trust and you'll be blacklisted.
  • You can add guild tags to your members.
  • Guild leaders and Officers can create and delete rooms inside of their own Guild Channel.
  • Guild leaders can kick members from their Guild Channel.

Note: The server's IP is listed below and has changed since the last post. I welcome all that wish to join us. Should the server go down you will be able to see with the image below. I hope to see requests soon!

Want to check the server's status?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:03:49 PM by Fiscon »

Teamspeak is our friend.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: Teamspeak for Clans
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:59 PM »

So, you are essentially for anyone who downloads teamspeak ((Which is a free program by the way, just like ventrilo)), offering to pay for the server yourself and essentially run this for the entire pathae community? 

Sounds fine to me.  I had actually found this due to a 'spam/advertisement report' However, given that this is a 100% free service, allowing the entire community access to a server in which we can all communicate, or head back into our respective guild channels and chill with guild mates, and that this isn't just a cheesy advertisement, but simply a notice allowing guild leaders to contact you to put their guilds on there, I am granting this my full blessing!

This is clearly not an advertisement to sell something, but your attempt to help bring the community together over one voice channel for the entire alpha.  I have not received word of who gave you permission to post this, but regardless, I am giving my permission and I am encouraging anyone who is interested in this to join up. 

Question though, are Moderators required to Email you to apply our own guilds ;)
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »

You can send me a forum PM, but yes you are because I require that information to set everything up for you as easily as possible in a shorter amount of time. The reason I say e-mail is because it is 100% method to contact me. Glad to have your blessing :) .

Edit: The only case in which one will be refused a guild channel is due to a previous ban that I find is to much to let slide. (Getting banned by the bot for a foul name isn't enough. :P )

Double Edit: Also, the teamspeak is a community. We have people from other games like Forsaken World, so you can interact with them if you so wish. At the moment the max capacity is 512, and when I come close to that I will increase to 1024. (I host the server off my own server so I pay nothing, this requires a Non-Profit License from Teamspeak.us though which they are apparently out of. So I'm offering my Teamspeak for all gamers to use, as long as they follow some simple rules. The server is dedicated and shutdowns at rare occasions.  Last shutdown was 9 Days ago, before that the last shut down was a month ago. The TS software is outdated but, it doesn't affect gameplay and when I update the server software it will require a shutdown.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:05:13 AM by Fiscon »

Teamspeak is our friend.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »

Due to the ease of teamspeak, if people do want to contact me, I will spend a bit of time every day on team speak ((because I'm hard to get to on steam.))
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

yager652

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 05:59:59 AM »

I use Teamspeak all the time with my World of Tanks clan.  I can hop on a P.E one while I am playing it.  Nice to actually get to know other people that enjoy the same games =)

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:43:36 AM »

I use Teamspeak all the time with my World of Tanks clan.  I can hop on a P.E one while I am playing it.  Nice to actually get to know other people that enjoy the same games =)
Sadly there aren't to many people :> . But hey, gotta start somewhere. New method of application, either are valid: http://embergaming.net/guild-application.html

Teamspeak is our friend.

Calli

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »

Just curious..will the Teamspeak be only for people in clans or will there be a general channel for people to converse in.. I have my own TS which I hang in but would be nice to speak to other people playing PE in game at same time.. Unsure what I will do re joining a clan yet as I'm waiting for the update and to see how many friends may come play... 

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »

Just curious..will the Teamspeak be only for people in clans or will there be a general channel for people to converse in.. I have my own TS which I hang in but would be nice to speak to other people playing PE in game at same time.. Unsure what I will do re joining a clan yet as I'm waiting for the update and to see how many friends may come play...
Sorry for the late reply. How it is set up is there are two types of rooms. Community, and guild. Planet Explorers currently has a community room, but sadly I have only seen one person get on, and that was today.

Teamspeak is our friend.

Calli

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »

Sorry for the late reply. How it is set up is there are two types of rooms. Community, and guild. Planet Explorers currently has a community room, but sadly I have only seen one person get on, and that was today.
So how does one that is not in a clan join the community room? How is the server info obtained? or am I missing it in the prior posts somewhere?

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »

So how does one that is not in a clan join the community room? How is the server info obtained? or am I missing it in the prior posts somewhere?
My apologies, you are missing information, but that is because I failed to provide it here. When I posted this topic I had posted it exclusively for clans, then it became a community ideal as well. In the process of it becoming a community I never provided the information, which I shall do now. I'll update the topic as well.

Visit: http://embergaming.net/connect-to-teamspeak.html  Since you know how to use teamspeak already, go ahead and scroll to the very bottom for just the server information.

Teamspeak is our friend.

Calli

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »

Thank you!

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »

Thank you!
Not a problem. The server is rather empty as is.

Teamspeak is our friend.

Calli

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 09:48:37 PM »

Well I jumped in and bookmarked :)  I will get Mac to join tomorrow as well we are usually in TS together while playing. I will tab servers.

Fiscon

• Colonist
    • View Profile
    • Ember Gaming
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »

Well I jumped in and bookmarked :)  I will get Mac to join tomorrow as well we are usually in TS together while playing. I will tab servers.
That would be grand! Its always nice to see people taking advantage of the server. I recieved a notification for a username "NuNu" who was in the PE channel, perhaps they have a forum account and you can contact them and invite them as well.

Teamspeak is our friend.

Calli

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 05:51:15 PM »

Mac and I are in there now but when we went to PE room 1 I could not see him, maybe cause he still has tag as a guest?
Pages: [1] 2