My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Hey what is with these damn enemies being so tough  (Read 2265 times)

Yuki-chan

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Hey what is with these damn enemies being so tough
« on: November 08, 2013, 03:03:04 PM »

ok I understand that you want to make these enemies tough BUT, some of the enemies in the forest are so tough that even with a gun you are lucky to get away alive, and beyond the forest there are enemies that even someone with a tank would find hard to kill, yes I'm talking about the enemies that take near 160 bullets to kill with their attack always being an instant kill, and it doesn't help that bullets are hard to make.

YES there is a huge difference between being tough and being so tough that it is annoying and enemies that would take an army too kill are annoying.

at least give me an army to kill them instead of 2 npc's that are either dead or watching me die while I try to kill these things please.

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Hey what is with these damn enemies being so tough
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »

You missed the update news?  You get four NPCs next release.    Not sure if their brains have been updated but that makes it better.

Oselotti

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »

I think the reason is that melee weapons are too good if compared with guns. Good gun should make much better damage than sword in all situations and that vehicle turret machinegun is ridiculous. One bullet from that should make same damage than rifle or better so short burst should kill firebear for example. Naturally big beasts are much tougher. Right now guns are good only for pulling enemies. Swords should be only for saving ammo. Not the main weapon. There is a reason why we use guns in wars ;)

Yuki-chan

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »

the whole thing seems messed up I thought all of my guns got really crappy all of a sudden

Lt_Karnage

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 06:32:58 AM »

I agree with Oselotti.

I fight most of the enemy with my steel sword, monkey and giraffe as distant weapon are a wast of ammo, only the bow are interesting when come the necessity to stay away from the enemy.

And I rather prefer to fight two or three devil dog than only one large creature like a red corona, they are more fun to deals with and ask for skill as the combat don't resume to have enough firepower as melee weapon is enough.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:35:57 AM by Lt_Karnage »

roger4325

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »

i agree guys some of these enemies are extremely tough but the game is in alpha for one and for two i don't want to see this game dumb ed down so far where its extremely easy either and boring there are ways around killing them but i agree some of the weapons should be upped a little bit but not to the point where a burst from a machine gun kills them in 2-3 seconds either and also if you have played some of the earlier builds they have been working on some of these issues just give them time and look at different weapons for one you can place turrets use vehicles and companions. but maybe they could add a difficult setting into the game so some people can change it

Lt_Karnage

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »

It's not about difficulty, we can pose enough turret to dispatch any creature but doing so is no fun as it require only pure firepower. I even see some people making chopper which resume to transport the more turret possible with the ability to still see what is on front of them.

I think devil dog are more difficult and interesting creature to fight than a giant creature.

Archimedes

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »

Completely agree with the initial statement.
Happy to be a part of Planet Explorers.

dadapawa

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »

Maybe, whit the map getting bigger, and more technolodgy being available, maybe we will get some sort of energy shield, allowing to take more hits.

But yea, for now its quite hardcore. some of the stronger beast 2 hiting I would understand, but now...

Maybe some way to increase ur health? :D

Elenoe

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »

we have energy shields. (Not working properly as they are diminished by your own fire in 0.62a, it should be fixed in 0.70a)

I personally find combat perfectly ok. Avoiding big creatures. Not permadeath means it's not THAT bad. And sentry turrets are always an option for a price. And just a bit later you will use chopter anyway.

Monster types are limited. You really want hard monsters to be peace of cake since 2hours in game with copper sword?