Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: New Marians - Guild  (Read 52371 times)

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: New Marians - Guild
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »

Application
*User name: mattig89ch
*Previous Beta/Alpha Experiences: lets see...mainly been playing minecraft since beta 1.6, and thats it.
*Other games in this genre you have played: What would you consider this genre?  Scifi: freelancer, mass effect (1 and 2), Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
Survival: Minecraft
RPG: oh so many, most recently been playing this game, minecraft, Dragon Age Origins.  How far back do you want me to go?
*What can you offer to the New Marians guild: Not sure, general love of the game?  Willing to help out as possible?  Relatively active on the forums?  been here since alpha 0.51?  All of the above?
*Why should we take you in?:  No idea
Are you a leader, or a follower?:  I prefer to follow, but will lead when I need to.
Who is your favorite Moderater/Developer of this game?: Zifie
What is your favorite gaming genre: Scifi
What is your favorite PVP oriented game?: Nuclear dawn
What is your favorite PVE or Survival game?: what do you consider pve survival?  Freelancer, you v the universe.
Who is your favorite Video Game Character of All Time?: Edison Trent

*Are you applying for any specific positions?   If so, what?: None/any needed

Very nice application.   Well...  is there any specific branch you want to join and be in charge of?  Or join a branch that already has a head.

For example, head of the Trading Committee is also technically in charge of all ISO trading in clan and such .
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

mattig89ch

• Citizen
  • Sharp as a marble! Black as a Marshmallow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:52 PM »

Very nice application.   Well...  is there any specific branch you want to join and be in charge of?  Or join a branch that already has a head.

For example, head of the Trading Committee is also technically in charge of all ISO trading in clan and such .

I am a full time college student, and a part time employee currently looking for a full time job.  Hence why I prefer to follow.

But, if you want to give me a position till someone else who can do it better comes along, I'll do what is needed.  Just remember my free time, or lack thereof when putting me someplace.
"The internet is for ore, The internet is for ore
Grab your pick and double click for ore, ore ore" -Hat films

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:59 PM »

I am a full time college student, and a part time employee currently looking for a full time job.  Hence why I prefer to follow.

But, if you want to give me a position till someone else who can do it better comes along, I'll do what is needed.  Just remember my free time, or lack thereof when putting me someplace.
Just pick a committee!

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »

so..what does the head of exploration do?

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

so..what does the head of exploration do?

Explore new content as freely as possible.  Find the most beautiful scenes in the game and capture them.   Cataloging new creatures as we find them.   

Hunting committee is about exploring the best way to kill animals, and doing RAID BOSSES of the game.

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »

oh, well my specs can barely run the game on the lowest graphical settings so those are right out.

I guess I'll do the trade thingy.

TheCrankyOldGamer

• Settler
  • I run a blog, The Cranky Old Gamer
    • View Profile
    • The Cranky Old Gamer
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

Man I'm gone for a week and Spaz changes his name!  :P

Check out my blog, youtube, facebook and twitter, because I'm a shamelessly self-promoting attention whore!

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »

I figured, why not!

Deadsim3

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »

*User name: Deadsim3

*Previous Beta/Alpha Experiences: Sim City (the new one), Gnomoria (alpha), Fallen Enchatress, Starcraft 2.(there's more but I cant think of them off the top of my head)

*Other games in this genre you have played:uh, there are other games like this one? ( it seems pretty unique to me)

*What can you offer to the New Marians guild:My time?

*Why should we take you in?:I like to do stuff no one has done before.

Are you a leader, or a follower?: I'm myself. I go where I want or I follow others. depends on what I want to do at that moment.

Who is your favorite Moderater/Developer of this game?: no idea?

What is your favorite gaming genre:one that doesn't exist yet

What is your favorite PVP oriented game?: League of legends.

What is your favorite PVE or Survival game?:that's a hard one. EVE I suppose ( though that kinda has everything)

Who is your favorite Video Game Character of All Time?: Krystal, hands down(from starfox)

*Which Division are you applying to? Exploration sounds the best for me.
((Look at the board committees))

*Are you applying for any specific positions?   If so, what?: I can be the head of exploration if you like, but I would think you guys would like to get to know me better first.

I just started this game to be honest but I love the idea and I like what I have played so far. I am a college student ( programing and game development. first year though, unfortunately ) so my time is limited, I do have some though since I'm not working full time in addition to school. you probably wont see to many posts from me, that doesn't mean I'm not reading the posts that are here though. I just don't post unless I think I need to.

If you need anything else let me know. This sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun 

Edit 3/17: can do. I'll post screens in a topic under P.E. general discussion.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:07:33 AM by Deadsim3 »
I will find my own way, even if I don't know where I am.

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »

I like your application.   Welcome to the Explorers division.  Also, when you don't have a lot of people applying, you take what you can get XD.  So your head explorer.

In short, find pretty locations and pictures, some nice scenes.   And post em up whenever.  Find new monsters whenever and post them as well.  We'll leave it for the hunters to develop how to kill them best.

Uray84

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »

Been loving the game so far and lurking around here a little while. This seems like a cause I can put my name behind :)

*User name: U-Ray
*Previous Beta/Alpha Experiences: A few indy games but nothing too special
*Other games in this genre you have played: I'm still not exactly sure what genre this is... but heaps of sandbox games like Black & White, GTA 1 ~ 4, EVE, Borderlands etc
*What can you offer to the New Marians guild: What is it the guild needs? Personally, I'm into languages and linguistics, and currently work for a social game company in Japan.
*Why should we take you in?: I'm normally a quiet observer, but wont hesitate to point out areas that need improvement. Have some ideas about how to start attempting communication with the planets current residents (would be cool if this was actually possible!)
Are you a leader, or a follower?: Both - plenty of experience working by myself or leading a small team (~5ppl), and have no qualms following or collaborating with others.

Who is your favorite Moderater/Developer of this game?: Don't really know them yet I'm afraid.
What is your favorite gaming genre: Depends on what I had for dinner
What is your favorite PVP oriented game?: Team Fortress 2 and Space Marine
What is your favorite PVE or Survival game?: Recently, FTL
Who is your favorite Video Game Character of All Time?: GLaDOS

*Which Division are you applying to? Somewhere between Communication and Exploration
*Are you applying for any specific positions?   If so, what?: Depends on what is needed - can play the part of Scout/Ambassador/Assassin (or all 3) equally well as required ;)

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »

Been loving the game so far and lurking around here a little while. This seems like a cause I can put my name behind :)

*User name: U-Ray
*Previous Beta/Alpha Experiences: A few indy games but nothing too special
*Other games in this genre you have played: I'm still not exactly sure what genre this is... but heaps of sandbox games like Black & White, GTA 1 ~ 4, EVE, Borderlands etc
*What can you offer to the New Marians guild: What is it the guild needs? Personally, I'm into languages and linguistics, and currently work for a social game company in Japan.
*Why should we take you in?: I'm normally a quiet observer, but wont hesitate to point out areas that need improvement. Have some ideas about how to start attempting communication with the planets current residents (would be cool if this was actually possible!)
Are you a leader, or a follower?: Both - plenty of experience working by myself or leading a small team (~5ppl), and have no qualms following or collaborating with others.

Who is your favorite Moderater/Developer of this game?: Don't really know them yet I'm afraid.
What is your favorite gaming genre: Depends on what I had for dinner
What is your favorite PVP oriented game?: Team Fortress 2 and Space Marine
What is your favorite PVE or Survival game?: Recently, FTL
Who is your favorite Video Game Character of All Time?: GLaDOS

*Which Division are you applying to? Somewhere between Communication and Exploration
*Are you applying for any specific positions?   If so, what?: Depends on what is needed - can play the part of Scout/Ambassador/Assassin (or all 3) equally well as required ;)

Well, the position of head of Communications is taken.  You don't seem like an explorer to be frank.  You seem more like a Hunter.   Your prey either agrees to your terms... or you waste them!   

So, I can put you into the Hunting committee as head hunter ((but, you don't seem the type to want to hunt animals and develop strategies to deal with them.))
Or, I can put you in the communication wing with OldCrankyGamer who's the head of the division ((Since he's doing the Let's Play series on this.))

mattig89ch

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »

oi!  you spelled my name wrong on the main thread

Uray84

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »

Well, the position of head of Communications is taken.  You don't seem like an explorer to be frank.  You seem more like a Hunter.   Your prey either agrees to your terms... or you waste them!   

So, I can put you into the Hunting committee as head hunter ((but, you don't seem the type to want to hunt animals and develop strategies to deal with them.))
Or, I can put you in the communication wing with OldCrankyGamer who's the head of the division ((Since he's doing the Let's Play series on this.))

Hmm, yeah hunting sound like fun - sign me up!
If someone else can develope the gear I'll gladly put it to good use ;)

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:04 AM »

Hmm, yeah hunting sound like fun - sign me up!
If someone else can develope the gear I'll gladly put it to good use ;)
Okay head of hunting Uray84.  Find the best way to kill monsters and post them. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28