Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: s one of those where  (Read 20 times)

yyys123

• Colonist
    • View Profile
s one of those where
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:31:56 AM »

NEW YORK -- Finally, somebody stopped Kevin Durant: his coach. Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact. Durants 30-point run ended at 12 games when he scored 26 in just 30 minutes, but the Oklahoma City Thunder won their 10th in a row with a 120-95 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on Friday night. "Thats the most important streak," Durant said. Serge Ibaka made all 12 shots and added 25 points and nine rebounds for the Thunder, who were so good that Durant sat the entire fourth quarter, the only way to slow him down right now. Durant came out for good with 1:15 left in the third. Coach Scott Brooks didnt bother asking the NBAs leading scorer if he wanted to keep playing to extend the streak, saying he knew what the answer would be. "If he cared about the streak, he shouldve never missed the two shots. Thats on him. Cant blame it on me," Brooks said. Durant finished 10 of 12 from the field, though his scoring average during his sensational January dropped from 36.6 to 35.9. He had been streaking toward Tracy McGrady, who had the last longer streak when he scored 30 in 14 in a row in 2003. "The streak was good while it lasted, but thats the least of my concerns," Durant said. "Its easy for me to try to force it to keep the streak alive, but we needed this win because they beat us last time." Reggie Jackson and Thabo Sefolosha scored 14 for the Thunder, on their longest winning streak since a 12-game run early in the 2012-13 season. They dominated the final three quarters in their 112-95 victory at Miami and picked up right where they left off in this one before a sellout crowd of 17,732 that included former President Bill Clinton. They call this a landslide in his field. Oklahoma City shot 63.6 per cent (49 of 77), highest in the league this season, and outrebounded Brooklyn 41-17. The Nets rebound total was the lowest in NBA history. Shaun Livingston scored 16 points while drawing the impossible assignment of defending Durant for the Nets, who dropped their final two games to finish 10-3 in January. "I mean, man, hes shooting the ball, its tough," Livingston said. "Its one of those where youve got to tip your hat to him." Oklahoma City closed the first quarter with the final 13 points, eight from Ibaka and the rest from Durant, for a 30-16 lead. An 11-0 spurt in the second -- with just two points from Durant and Ibaka -- extended it to 45-24, and one more surge late in the period put it away. The Nets started the month by holding Durant to 24 points while rallying from 16 down in a 95-93 victory at Oklahoma City, but Brooklyn was never in this game. "I said it before the game. Everybody is talking about Durant scoring 30 points, but its the rest of the guys that are playing at a high level," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "If you look at Ibaka, hes 12 for 12. So again, it goes back to what I said before the game, its just not all Durant. He has guys on his team that have stepped up and been playing at a high level." Durant had a jumper and 3-pointer around Jacksons three-point play to extend it to 28, and Durant made a turnaround jumper and another 3-pointer on consecutive possessions late in the half for a 61-30 cushion. Ibaka capped his perfect half with a follow dunk and Oklahoma City led 63-35 at the break. But Durant got only three shots in the second half, making two on alley-oops, before taking a seat for good to get a little extra rest before returning to his hometown Saturday to face Washington. The Nets played without versatile forward Andrei Kirilenko, who wouldve been one of their best hopes of defending Durant, because of strained right calf. Backup centre Andray Blatche left in the second half with a bruised left hip. Deron Williams had 14 points off the bench for the Nets and rookie Mason Plumlee scored 13. Kevin Garnett missed all four shots and was scoreless with one rebound in 12 minutes. NOTES: The Thunder have won six straight road games. ... The Nets visit Indiana on Saturday, facing both conference leaders in a 24-hour span. ... Marquis Teague, acquired from Chicago on Jan. 21, made his Nets debut in the fourth quarter and scored seven points. Cheap NHL Jerseys .com) - James Harden had 32 points, including a tying layup late in regulation, and the Houston Rockets scored eight of their 13 points in overtime at the foul line to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 117-111 on Friday night. Wholesale NHL Jerseys Authentic . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. http://www.jerseysnhlfromchina.us/ . A night later, he was back to help lead a rout of the Detroit Pistons. John Wall had 20 points and 11 assists, and Beal scored 10 of his 15 points during the second quarter as Washington pulled away for a 106-82 victory on Saturday. Wholesale Jerseys .FIFA said its appeals panel ruled the case not admissible.The former U.S. Attorney had objected to ethics judge Joachim Eckerts summary of the World Cup bid investigation, claiming numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of his work. Cheap NHL Jerseys China . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement.SAN ANTONIO - Spurs coach Gregg Popovich will miss Wednesday nights game against the Indiana Pacers after undergoing what the team is calling a minor medical procedure.Popovich also is expected to miss Fridays home game against Sacramento. Assistant Ettore Messina will run the team in Popovichs absence.Its not what you want, but the good thing is that obviously its nothing big or you would not see me here so relaxed, Messina said.The 65-year-old Popovich is in his 18th season as head coach of the Spurs.Messina becomes the first European-born coach to run an NBA team in the regular season. Referred by many as the Coach Pop of Europe, Messina is in his first season with the Spurs after a successful international career.Obviously, hes an international basketball legend, Indiana coach Frank Vogel said. I dont really know that much more about him other than hes highly, highly respected.Messina is a two-time Euroleague coach of the year and also has coached in Russia, Italy and Spain. He served as a coaching consultant for the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011-12.Everybody here tells me from Day One to feel very comfortable, Messina said of San Antonio.In recent seasonns, his name was raised as a candidate to become the first European coach to become a head coach in the NBA.ddddddddddddDavid Blatt beat him to it, coming over from Israel this year to coach the Cleveland Cavaliers. But Blatt is American born.Messina coached the Spurs in a 121-90 preseason loss to Phoenix on Oct. 16 when Popovich opted to stay at home.I am terribly scared, Messina said of his regular-season debut. I am average scared. Not scared at all. You pick up the (one you want).Im trying to think what Pop would have said to you. I havent thought about (being the first European-born coach in the NBA), honestly. You try to stay focused on what you have to do, thats it. There is already enough to think about. The rest will stay for the record, for the good memory to tell my grandkids when I will be home in front of the fireplace, I will tell the story.Vogel jokingly said Messina should toss aside all of the coaching strategies Popovich has used in leading the Spurs to five NBA championships.Thats what I would do, he said. Pops stuff is terrible, it doesnt really work. So, honestly, I would go away from that, especially for tonights game. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '