Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Korea hoping to grab a w  (Read 14 times)

yyys123

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Korea hoping to grab a w
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:23:39 AM »

Sky Sports News reporter Michael Weightman blogs on a special night at Stamford Bridge for the Chelsea Ladies. Stamford Bridge has seen some special nights in its history, but perhaps none as significant as Wednesday when Chelsea Ladies had their first run out on the famous pitch in the UEFA Womens Champions League against Wolfsburg.It was a statement of intent from the club who, in the words of chairman Bruce Buck, have a desire to push on even further and become a heavyweight of Europe. These arent just words, they mean business.Walking up to the ground on the evening of the game, the names on the back of the shirts in the club shop werent Costa, Hazard or Luiz.They were Rafferty, Aluko or Kirby.There were media outlets from all over the world - one from as a far afield as South Korea hoping to grab a word with Ji So-Yun. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Among the 3,783 in attendance was England head coach Mark Sampson, who was there to keep an eye on a host of his international players and giving another sign of how far the team have come since forming in 1992.They have only been associated with the club since 2004, but under the stewardship of current manager Emma Hayes, they have continued to progress, with last years league and cup double evidence of that.The game itself saw Zsanett Jakabfi net a hat trick in a 3-0 win for Wolfsburg, a result that puts them in a commanding position ahead of next weeks second leg.The German side have reached the final in three of the last four seasons and could even afford to leave the competitions highest scorer, Anja Mittag, on the bench.  It was always going to be a difficult task, but the reactions to the loss showed what the team is now about.When asked if she would look back on a game at Stamford Bridge and be happy, Hayes said, No, absolutely not. I cant.Im a competitor and I wanted my team to put in a better performance in our first opportunity here.Eni Aluko added: Whether you are playing in a park or Stamford Bridge or Wembley, you want to win football matches.I dont look back with fondness on any loss, wherever it is. Its disappointing that the first time our fans have come out to Stamford Bridge they have seen us lose, but its not all doom and gloom. Lets hope in future they come back and we win.Theres a determination to continue to grow with more quality players in the team, and off the pitch, a new stadium to share with the academy looks to be in the offing.Its an exciting time in womens football, and while its been a meteoric rise for Chelsea Ladies since the early 1990s,  it pretty clear that there is still plenty more to come.  You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Womens Sport Week 2016 headlines Follow us @SportswomenSky Sportswomen Facebook page #MyInspirationalWoman Cam Newton Jersey . A 19-game winner with the New York Yankees in both 2006 and 2007, Wang spent most of this year at Triple-A for the Yankees and Blue Jays. The 33-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 7. Greg Olsen Jersey . Argentina, who have yet to beat New Zealand in 17 meetings, rocked the All Blacks with an early converted try to backrower Juan Manuel Leguizamon and led 7-0 after five minutes. But Smiths double in the 23rd and 26th minutes - when Argentina was reduced to 14 men by the sin-binning of hooker Eusebio Guinazu - turned the tide of the match and set up New Zealands third straight Championship win. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-christian-mccaffrey-blue-jersey/ . The Nuggets leading scorer, Lawson is characterized as day to day by the team. Hes averaging 17.9 points and 8.9 assists. Lawson suffered the injury late in Denvers win Sunday at Sacramento. Ryan Kalil Womens Jersey . Richard Jefferson scored 17 points and Diante Garrett had a career-high 15 points as the Jazz had seven players with 10 points or more in Utahs largest margin of victory this season. Greg Little Youth Jersey .A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York.ZANDVOORT, Netherlands -- Defending champion Joost Luiten fired a 5-under-par 65 to take a shared clubhouse lead at the KLM Open after a first round interrupted when Fabrizio Zanotti was hit on the forehead by a wayward tee shot on Thursday. Zanotti was driven off the Kennemer course in an ambulance for checks at a nearby hospital after being hit. The Paraguayan later tweeted he was discharged from the hospital and would be taking "a couple of weeks off." The nearly two-hour suspension caused by Zanottis injury did not faze Luiten, who was even par when play stopped. He shot three birdies and an eagle over his last seven holes. "Thats how I would like to start every tournament," Luiten said. The Dutchman started on the 10th tee and had eight straight pars before birdieing the 18th and giving up the stroke immediately with a bogey on the first. He parred the second before play was halted and then made his move. "I stayed patient aand got my chances," he said.dddddddddddd "I had a few good holes at the end. Holes six, seven and eight are a corner where you can score well, especially today with the wind behind you." Jamie McLeary of Scotland was also at 5 under when his round was suspended by darkness with two holes to finish early Friday. McLeary birdied his final hole of the day, the seventh, to draw level with local favourite Luiten. Former French amateur champion Gary Stal and Italians Edoardo Molinari and Andrea Pavan were a shot back at 4 under. Zanotti was playing the 16th hole, his seventh of the opening round at the Kennemer club, when he was struck by a ball hit from the 14th by Alexandre Kaleka. Players Felipe Aguilar and Ricardo Gonzalez accompanied Zanotti to the hospital. All three players withdrew from the tournament. Zanotti, who won the BMW International Open in June, had one bogey and a birdie to put him at even par when he was hit. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '