Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 164 times)

Thumper235

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
I don't understand
« on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:34 AM »

Is this a finished game that I just purchased? I bought this on my switch to tide me over until animal crossing releases. I'm looking to change the types of games I play and play more relaxed ones.

I'm not sure this is a finished retail product? There's spelling and grammar errors. The cut scenes seem very "quick'n dirty". Like massive amounts of animations are missing. Odd jumps while in the cut scenes. Long load times reminding me of GTAV on the 360.. A lot of stuttering and laggy input delays while in menu's.

I'm not a graphics/framerate snob. Ok? But it seems like someone just got this to a technically "playable" state and said 'ok release it, we are done here... Everything feels like I'm playing a beta... Unpolished and glitchy.  I'm really regretting my purchase pretty bad right now.. like I feel tricked..

1) I have well over 15gigs space on my internal and 40 on my sdcard.

2) I did a re-install just in case.

3) shut my switch down and fully rebooted it

Guys, I don't want or mean to be rude with this but this current state is just horrible. Mario oddysse or Zelda are a lot more hardware intensive and they run smooth... What gives?

I want to so play this game and enjoy it. But this isn't fair to me. I really didn't learn this extent of all this until an hour or so in-game... :(

I bought it for my switch so I could get some use out of it. But this is a really unacceptable state to sell a game as. Do I have any recourse or am I expected to just eat the cost?

I don't want my money back; I just want a better way to play the game. I do own a OneX which might run it better? Please do something for me. I don't have much money. I have to really think long and hard before I purchase a game to make sure I'm getting something that will keep my autistic brain busy for a long period of time

If you can do anything for me I would be grateful.

Thumper235

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 05:32:09 AM »

I guess I'm stuck with it. Thanks...  Why do you have to be so dishonest in your store listings? A simple one sentence telling a perspective buyer that there are known unsolved performance issues would have been a proper thing to do. But I guess just letting us fall into the trap and collecting the money is more important.

Had I been able to make an informed decision I would have instead purchased your game on my oneX  since it has considerable more grunt to power through sloppy code. I guess that was rude, but this is frustrating. This is the second time this year I've been taken by a game dev.