Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Please optimize the switch version more +other suggestions  (Read 47 times)

ruffimutt

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Please optimize the switch version more +other suggestions
« on: June 03, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »

My time at Portia on the switch has potential but its lacking in the fact loading takes a decent amount of time. just opening inventory takes more than just a few seconds to open. also the game stutters and lags when several people or enemies are in an area and when quests notifications are going away or appearing. It is obvious that my Switch works relatively hard to run the game, despite its graphics being subpar compared to other switch games.
Thats another thing, I don't understand why the game is so slow at times and has such a cut in assets as the other versions. Yes, I know the Switch is less powerful than the PS4 and PC, but there has to be a way you can make the game look prettier OR more importantly, run smoother. Take Breath of the Wild, for example, it runs with relatively no issues and looks gorgeous. I know Pathea doesn't have as many resources and funds as Nintendo, but surely if you can get it to look nice in the first place on other consoles you can figure a way to get it running smooth without compressing textures (like for example, dirt paths and the ground.) I am not a game developer so perhaps I just don't understand, but please explore the idea and try to fix it if you haven't already.

Also a less important suggestion: Please recolor cinnamon trees or give hints about them. Me, as well as others, had to look up guides because cinnamon trees don't look that much different than the rest of the trees. I think they might be a little lighter but it's really hard to see.