Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: No Longer Mad at Arlo (Spoiler Warning)  (Read 153 times)

JenDragon83

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
No Longer Mad at Arlo (Spoiler Warning)
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:11:53 PM »

When I first started getting to know the characters in Portia I decided Arlo was the man to marry. Tall handsome dedicated and polite why not? Often in previous Sim games one of my greater goals is to find a husband as that is one of the things I consider a part of game completion for myself.

As the story progressed we had playdates and I made him his favorite meals not to mention how many gols I spent at the restaurant and gifts for him. One play day he cancelled to tell [Linda] about Nora confessing her feelings to him. After that I began to notice how they would meet at night by the well behind the Civil Corps office. That kinda irked me and I to read online that he may be a husband choice I may find regrettable. The next morning he came to my house to invite me on a playdate. Fine that's sweet okay will give him another chance. After the playdate he took off running so I decided to follow him on horseback. Turns out he was racing to meet Nora by the well so they could talk until the wee hours of the night.

That irked me again and it got me to thinking: I often _choose_ one eligible husbando type for the game and pursue them until marriage. But did I really want a husband who (online I read that) will stare at Nora if WE are out on a date? No. Linda deserves better. She is a strong and independent woman and is helping to build towns for cryin out loud! She deserves the best! I wouldn't put up with that type of garbage in real life so I decided to pursue other bachelors and you know what? I am finding myself grateful that I did because there are a lot of great candidates in Portia!

In the beginning I wasn,t a huge fan of Remington and found myself warming up to him as his storyline progresses. Much the same with Tody and honestly I thought Gust was a spoiled brat jerkwad in the beginning but he is actually very sweet!

I am glad these types of NPC interactions were programmed as it gave me a chance to rethink how I choose to enjoy the marriage part of a video game. And Linda deserves way better than someone who will check out another girl when married and out on a date! --While Arlo and Linda are at 10 hearts and he does not look her way when they cross paths in town. This type of partnering experience is not something I have come across in other video games and kudos  :D  This scenario really tested my values as a player and made me think twice while knowing I will be happier in the long run for the decision I have come to XD  :) 

Awesome game, you guys rock!