Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Switch bugs/crashes since may 16 update  (Read 702 times)

Katukasz

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Switch bugs/crashes since may 16 update
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »

Game crashes when trying to change the fence appearance to marble fence. Not sure if it happens with other types of fence although the gate is fine.

Character gets stuck facing whatever direction it was facing leaving/entering a building. It looks hilarious seeing your person run with their head stuck facing down. But annoying in most other cases.

Kittykatkait

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Switch bugs/crashes since may 16 update
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:58:11 PM »

After doing Arlo's training quest for the flying pigs he wont stop following me.

Fineapple26

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 02:47:01 AM »

Trying to register for the solo land run race crashes the game.

Kiyoko

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »

I have no idea what caused my game to crash on switch. I just got done fishing and went to look at my catch for a whole day of fishing, but as I came out on inventory game crashed. All my fish.  :(

Ysna887

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »

When I exit menus, my game freezes for a few seconds.

JenDragon83

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »

Things I've noticed, post-Switch update, possible spoilers ahead:

• The Wooden Photo Frame allowed me to place an image once, but it was upside down. After attempting to change the photo, no photo appears at all
  • Photos appearing in the Portia Times, also upside down
  • Is the music supposed to stop entirely when entering into the inventory/map section? I find that jarring, felt more natural when the music played continuously
  • After the official building a bridge meeting at the Mayors office (with Mint), I tried talking to Gale by interacting with him, by pressing A in front of his desk, and I froze. He also seemed to be stuck in a loop where every so often, he'd get in and out of his chair again. *This a real-life interaction prompt for me, if someone is sitting behind a desk, I'm more likely to interact with them from the other side of their desk, instead of walking up to where they're sitting on the chair. There was no time/date visible, so I walked away from the game for 20 minutes, hoping it would go to 3AM and I'd pass out, but it didn't, so I restarted the game and didn't bother talking to Gale the second time after I saw the event.
  • Arlo. Play Date was cancelled unexpectedly, and one of his missions began (with Nora). After completing the scene with him in the park, there wasn't a notification that the mission ended, and it was no longer available to view in the Missions screen. From that day on, he won't stop following me. From morning to night, he's there. I tried scheduling a Play Date for a following day, and when the time came it was cancelled. So I figured I'd give him a Heart Knot, see what he had to say, and he told me that, That was out of the blue, while I understand your feelings, I need to sort this out with Nora first.... or something along the lines: so I'm confused, it seems that mission is done but he's aware that he needs to do something to finish that part of the storyline. Is him following us day and night supposed to happen then?! I tried triggering events by talking to Nora, nothing happened. I also made him wait with me by the wishing well, near the Civil Corps office, where they usually meet to talk at night, but she never showed up.
  • Often when Carol is behind the counter in her shop, she is invisible, but you can still interact with her.
  • Screen loads aren't taking as long, but gameplay is lagging/stuttering more than before the update
  • Small thing, during the Winter Solstice speech, Gale and Lee's feet were sunken into the snow, couldn't see their feet at all. However when NPCs walked around them, their feet were visible/on top of the map ground.
  • Has happened only once, first thing in the morning, Pinky is still curled up in her sleeping position, and she floats towards me, trying to interact. It unbugs after a few seconds, and she's back on her feet, walking around as usual.
  • Entered A&G Construction to give the 6 Bridge Lamps to Albert for the bridge-to-desert mission, and he came towards the door, in a sitting position. After a few seconds, he stood upright.
  • [Female] protagonist's still-standing animation loop experiencing a slight up-down jitter at the end: she appears to lightly sway right-left-right-left, then she moves slightly, down, then back up it happens in a nanosecond, it's really not that noticeable.

Just double checked, I've got the latest software update (Ver. 1.0.4).

If things are going to crash at random times, PLEASE allow us the ability to SAVE the game whenever we want! Pretty please. It would save hours of work that we've already put in. Thanks!

*Sorry for the triple-post XD I didn't know that commas and double quotes would make all following text disappear in a forum post!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:29:46 PM by JenDragon83 »

JenDragon83

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »

Update about Arlo:
I've seen quite often after restarting the console, chose Load instead of Continue. That fixed Arlo, he is no longer following me.

Leelee

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »

Crashes I've encountered since update:

-Canceling house upgrade at A&G Construction (crashed 3x) Trying to reorganize my space after buying land.

-Abandoned ruins in desert at 2:59am (crashed 1x) Just about to pass out, received error message.

-Random crashes (2x) exiting inventory, map, skill screens etc.

Glitches:

-Lag after exiting buildings, and inventory screens

-Lag chopping down trees

-Trees that have been chopped down still exist but invisible in some areas behind workshop

-Music cuts off when entering inventory, skills, map screens

-Some jerking/lagging of NPCs when engaging in dialogue

-Transition from cutscenes aren't smooth

-Loading screen time is still about 2-5 min.

I agree that we need the ability to save at any given moment to prevent reworking a whole day  ;)

I love this game so much and really want to see it at its full potential  :)

Thanks guys for all of the hard work you've done and continue to do!

Peregrin_t

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 08:11:32 PM »

After finishing the quest to create Ack's new leg, he just sits outside my house. No matter what I do. It also seems like I cant rehire him, I thought that might unbug him. 

Also, the horse riding glitch is really offputting.

Kiyoko

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 10:08:09 PM »

I was randomly sparring people and went to challenge Remington and screen goes black, but I can still hear game music.

Kiyoko

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »

I was on a date with Ginger and I couldn

measordinary

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »

- Screen went black when the Day of Memories - Scavenger Hunts activity started.
- Character walks funny after riding a horse, like she always looks up. This also happens to Arlo and Remmington.
- Game crashes when registering for Land Run competition.

I really love the game but the glitches really annoyed me.. please fix these issues.. especially the land run crash,, would really like to participate in the land run :(

Kiyoko

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 07:01:48 PM »

My character often either stares at the sky or ground when she is standing still. She does it all the time and it looks weird and creepy watching her to stare up as she mines.