Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Switch: crashed seconds into intro cutscene  (Read 80 times)

OrochiTabris

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Switch: crashed seconds into intro cutscene
« on: May 16, 2019, 01:14:38 AM »

Spent a while in character creation.  Not a ton of options to start with, but a decent amount, and a bunch of sliders to mess with.  Finished up, waited through the load screen (a bit long-ish, but it is kinda open world), and crashed a few seconds into the intro cutscene.  Peeked at the forum and saw other issues popping up, some of which were crashes.

I've never had a Switch game crash.  I've had the system since launch, and I've played many physical and digital games, and not one has crashed until Portia.  Maybe I've been lucky, I dunno, but I've kept all my games updated and this is the first time one has died on me.  A bit concerned because it's been a month since it launched, and it's already received some updates, and it still has stability issues.  I'm also noticing a lot of lag when accessing menus and using items from inventory.

Hopefully anyone else experiencing crashes has kept error reporting on, so these can be dealt with, and hopefully there are still optimizations that can be made.  Would really like to be able to settle into this game and enjoy it, but the interface lag is kinda a constant issue, and the looming threat of crashes is worrying.

salz89

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Switch: crashed seconds into intro cutscene
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:33 AM »

Oh no i was about to buy this in Switch. Because on the PS4 it wont let me load the game.