Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Lobby  (Read 597 times)

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Lobby
« on: April 26, 2019, 08:03:59 AM »

Hello. How do I connect to my server if the Lobby has been switched off?

agikaros

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Lobby
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 06:43:55 AM »

我也想知道现在服务器是否还在运行

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 09:38:39 PM »

I don't think you can.  Is the lobby down again?  There needs to be a way for the private servers to be self-sufficient, like the minecraft servers, so that we don't need to depend on someone else maintaining the link.

I do like having a central lobby that you can list and visit servers on.  You do need to be able to host without the lobby though.  All you need is to be able to connect to the workshop from a local host, and it should be an easy tweak to have full functionality.

This should be a priority for any tweaks to PE1 that they intend to do.  It should not devolve to SP story mode only, just because they don't keep up with maintaining the lobby server.  If they want life to continue, it needs to be self-sustaining.

DarkTaino

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 05:03:41 AM »

我也想知道现在服务器是否还在运行

它不再运行似乎永远关闭

DarkTaino

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 05:06:17 AM »

There is no way to ever play this game again without their stupid lobby, I was having so much fun in multiplayer and they broke it!

agikaros

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 04:55:53 AM »

原来还有这么多人玩的,诶。 但是私人服务器需要怎么办,不会搞。  so,it's still have many players.

DarkTaino

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »

Users who wish to play, but cant. Multiplayer gone! 

SarahB87

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »

Disappointingly there's been no explanation, announcement or message from Pathea yet..It's disappointing as I and friends had made many buildings and settlements and ran metro's between them. A real community, rather than the monthly wiped official servers. I wonder if they could release the lobby software and set up our own lobbys with port numbers. by editing: SteamLibrary/Steamapps/Common/PlanetExplorers/ConfigFiles/ClientConfig.conf
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:05:07 PM by SarahB87 »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »

Luminaire made an announcement on the Steam Forum.  The network people have been on vacation, and will be back soon (I think today).  They will get to work on it asap.

Luminaire

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • Dream Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 10:42:19 PM »

I'm not exactly sure why this is taking as long as it is to get this back up. The issue is known though, and it'll be back up as soon as it's able.
Thankyou for the patience, and sorry :(

abcpredator

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »

Any news?

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »

Any news?

My guess is that the backups got hosed also, or it would already be running.  I am playing other games for now, and check back weekly.  We can only hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.  Single player is still an option, but I miss playing with friends.  If I knew anything about programming, I would write an interface to bypass the Lobby myself, and post it for other people to install.  We just have to be able to enter multiplayer, and be able to store and click on an available IP address for a known host.  It doesn't have to be complicated.

Cragarion

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »

In the news on steam,

Planet Explorers Server Issue Update
6 JUN @ 7:00AM   - KKIABLO
Hi everyone,

We've been working hard on getting the network code for multiplayer back online. Due to the server outage, some of the server code base was lost. As we went looking through it, it turns out there was more loss than we anticipated. So it's taking a bit more time to fix it than we expected. But we do have someone working on it and will hopefully have multiplayer back soon. Please stay tuned for further information. Thank you.