Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Version in EPIC GAME LAUNCHER  (Read 646 times)

Zake

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Version in EPIC GAME LAUNCHER
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »

Am I an absolute idiot or is the wrong version published in the epic games launcher?
Bought it there and was confused when I heard about a version 2 or "My Time at Portia v2.0"

Here the version provided:

Sternguard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Version in EPIC GAME LAUNCHER
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:55:23 PM »

I am having the same issue, I see the same version number. And the change log gives 2019/01/28 as the last update for the game.
I thought something odd was going on since I watch Lady Shelab's videos when I am doing other things, and when things like the forge were mentioned I was wondering why hadn't I gotten it yet.

I tried verifying my game, but that didn't change anything, seems like Epic hasn't updated for a bit.

Zake

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »

Downloaded epic games launcher update today but still no update for "My Times in Portia"!

Got in contact with an Epic Games Supporter. She told me that normally if there is a game with the same name out they should have the same version number.
So is this a mistake by Epic Games or is the version not provided for Epic Games?

And I am confused about this post!
http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=20674.msg67093#msg67093
Is there an Unreal Engine Game or is this still a Unity Game?

Sternguard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 05:45:05 AM »

I submitted a report using there report system about the issue, but haven't heard anything back from them about it. But I will say if this is the sort of service the Epic store is going to offer, they aren't getting any more of my money any time soon.

I don't know what version of the game the steam users have, but this seems to be a Epic store issue. I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. So at this point I am waiting back to hear from the Epic store, I don't have the skills or knowledge to figure out this issue.

Sternguard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:18:02 PM »

So I heard back from Epic support and they told me they couldn't help and directed me to https://www.team17.com/contact/ So I have submitted a report with them and hopefully will hear something back in a few days.

Sternguard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »

"Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working on getting the latest updates for My Time At Portia on the Epic and GoG Store. We will have them up as soon as we can."

This is the response I got back from team17 support, no idea when it's coming only that it's coming. I am honestly kind of upset, the steam version is up to date but none of the others are. I don't know the technical side of things such as how the updates are handled but still, it's been awhile since an update.

shirley96

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »

Hello,our oversea publisher team17 is responsible for My time at Portia on the Epic and GoG store.  We've asked team17 and they are working on solving some technical issues for the latest updates in Epic store.

Zake

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »

Hello,our oversea publisher team17 is responsible for My time at Portia on the Epic and GoG store.  We've asked team17 and they are working on solving some technical issues for the latest updates in Epic store.

Thank you!!
Today I downloaded the update!!
@shirley96 Can you give us some additional information? Does the Epic Games Store or the GoG Store sell other versions of the game like developed in a different engine?
Or why is there a different game version for steam an the other platforms?
Thanks in advance!

Sry hadn't had time to reply to your posts lately!
Best regards!

Sternguard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 10:53:39 PM »

Perfectly all right Zake, life does tend to do that.

And thank you Shirley96 for giving us some more clarification on what was happening, my only suggestion in this matter would be that if the problem happens again that some sort of message be posted to make people aware of what's happening. Since honestly the game has run very smoothly with little issue for me, so the odd minor hiccup is fine.

Like Zake I've got the update and will resume my adventures in Portia, even with this small speed bump. It won't stop me from enjoying the game or recommending it to others. It is a nice game that you can enjoy in small pieces and I am very much looking forward to what comes next.

shirley96

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 10:25:57 AM »

@Zake That's because we and team17 are responsible for different game platforms respectively, and they met some technical matters which need a few days to adjust.

shirley96

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »

Perfectly all right Zake, life does tend to do that.

And thank you Shirley96 for giving us some more clarification on what was happening, my only suggestion in this matter would be that if the problem happens again that some sort of message be posted to make people aware of what's happening. Since honestly the game has run very smoothly with little issue for me, so the odd minor hiccup is fine.

Like Zake I've got the update and will resume my adventures in Portia, even with this small speed bump. It won't stop me from enjoying the game or recommending it to others. It is a nice game that you can enjoy in small pieces and I am very much looking forward to what comes next.
Appreciate your support and advice, we will post information if it happens next time, plz follow our news. ;)