Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: I can't use the replicator in adventure mode.  (Read 97 times)

popchau

• Colonist
    • View Profile
I can't use the replicator in adventure mode.
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »

I just started playing adventure mode, and after chopping down one of those giant plant things, I got 800+ wood. I'm now trying to create wooden tools, but every time I try to use the replicator, the button is translucent and won't let me make anything. Am I missing something?  Lorem Ipsum Temp Mail 10 Minute Mail

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:17:49 PM by popchau »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I can't use the replicator in adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »

It sounds like you are playing with skill tree active.  You have to actually spend your experience to buy the skills on the skill tree.  You can get to the skill tree on the main menu (~) or using the hot key Alt-T.

To make an item, your replicator skill has to be at least the level of the item that you are making, in addition to unlocking the script for the item.  It is more difficult than playing without the skill tree, but your character can become much much stronger if you play with the skill tree on.

In order to then use the item that you have made, your skill with using the item must also be leveled up to the level of the item, whether it is a tool or weapon.  Shields level up when you level up melee weapon skill, bows and guns level up with range skill.

You can wear any armor (no skill) as long as you acquire it, but you still have to have appropriate replicator skill if you want to make it yourself.

My strategy for playing with skill tree is to equip a follower with the best sword and shield that I can afford (silver, from level 2 town) and let them fight for me until I can level up range skill to use a gold bow or blaster2 (available in level 3 towns, but you can also find the gold bow in lower level loot and supply pods). In the meantime equip the best weapon and armor that you happen to pick up.  Equip the best bow that you can find and use.  It is much easier to hunt with a bow for leveling up, and arrows are much easier to keep stocked than bullets at low level.

If you are playing multi-player, don't forget to get your equipment back from your follower before you leave.  SP followers stay with you, but MP followers go back to their spawn point when you leave.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:51:24 PM by Omidawn »