Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: How is Planet Explorers?  (Read 159 times)

UsherBhai

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
How is Planet Explorers?
« on: February 14, 2019, 12:34:23 PM »

Hello everyone,,
I got it WAY back in development. Played like 2 years ago, and then again today. Since ye olden days they really polished the GUI and graphics quite a bit, and expanded a lot of quests. You can get many blueprints from doing quests, so sometimes buying things results in getting a duplicate blueprint later anyways. Thankfully meat is plentiful, work on getting some followers and give them your best melee weapon or single-shot rifle. They'll burn through ammo, so avoid rapid-fire tech news free netflix weapons for followers. Then you just run around killing giant herds.

You get a vehicle VERY early now. Helping Allen Carter gets you the Cartercycle, an adorable trike with a medkit design on the back. It's ****ty, but it's so great! There's a few more quests sprinkled about that lead you into things too. "Do this and get an engine blueprint" and then right after "Do this and get wheel blueprint" so you get help leading through the different bits.

You can also design basically ALL things. When I played, it was land vehicles, swords, and guns. Now they've added air and sea vehicles, including submarines and giant aerial battleships, as well as axes, picks, bows, shields, and ARMOR as voxel-based crafts. Head, chests, arms, legs, hands, feet, etc can be crafted using the voxel creator system, so you can make like power armor if you can sculpt it right. I haven't figured out how the stats work yet, but being able to make custom axes and stuff sounds fun.

I haven't gotten far in the campaign yet, so I dunno about making your own colony and followers and whatnot yet. I can just speak for the early game. It's fairly 'feature complete' as far as function goes. They could certainly add more things, but they're not missing anything obvious either.

I've been really enjoying it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:13:34 AM by UsherBhai »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How is Planet Explorers?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:00:07 PM »

I haven't played Story Mode in a while, but if you are picking up vehicle scripts, you will start getting the colony scripts very soon.  That, to me, is when the fun really starts. ;D