Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Need Building Help!!!!  (Read 123 times)

jaaneman

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Need Building Help!!!!
« on: February 09, 2019, 09:06:21 AM »

I need some noob help. I've figured out most of how to build, but I can't seem to move something once I place it. Where can I get a manual, or is there one? Is there something that explains all the controls for building?downloader.vip/ccleaner www.happywheels.vip vlc.onl
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:23:55 PM by jaaneman »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need Building Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »

In order to move a building, you have to select the entire structure, save it as a building ISO, delete the selection, and then import the ISO back into the game in the spot that you want it to go.  When placing an ISO, you can use PgUp, PgDn to raise and lower it, arrow keys to move it one block in that direction, and "T" to rotate the building 90 degrees, before clicking it into place.

You have to be very careful with the mouse while you are doing this, because any movement of the mouse will cause the ISO to snap back to where the mouse is pointing, and you will have to start positioning it again from that point.

In other words, you can't actually move a building once it is placed.  You can only build it and tear it down.  Save and Import is how you put it in a different spot.

To save a building, you use the selection tool to encompass the entire building, then click the save button.  It will prompt you to give it a name and take a picture for your ISO inventory.  I find it helps to place a block somewhere outside the dimensions of the structure to use as a point to click and drag from, so that I am sure to get the entire building in the selection.  For extremely large structures, you may need to add extra colored "alignment" blocks in your structure, so that you can save them in pieces and use the alignment blocks to get the pieces back into the correct place.

The maximum dimension on a building ISO is 100 blocks, so the max size that can be saved is 100x100x100 blocks.  Anything larger will have to be saved in sections.

Very large structures will cause a drop in frame rate and lag for your character, and anyone visiting that build.  Very large builds can be interesting to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.