Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Do i need to customise / build my own designs to play?  (Read 143 times)

popchau

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Do i need to customise / build my own designs to play?
« on: February 04, 2019, 09:23:35 AM »

Hey there, thinking of getting this for me and the gf,

while I'm sure i'd Omegle PutLocker https://pnrstatus.vip/  love and want to start designin and customizing my own weappons and ships etc.

I'd rather just go through and play with my gf in the co-op setting and just build some random pre-made stuff.

Will i lose anything major by ignoing the creation stuff straight away/for the first 30-40 hours?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:25:46 PM by popchau »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do i need to customise / build my own designs to play?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:20:40 PM »

There are a lot of things designed by other people which are already available on the Workshop.  You access the workshop in-game from the command menu (~) or the command menu button at the bottom right of the screen.  Go to Menu: Online: Workshop.  You can search by type (recommended) to quickly find something useful, or by creator if you happen to like someone's creations.  Items are ordered according to the number of "thumbs up" that they have received, but you shouldn't discount the possibility that something really good has been added that isn't highly rated yet, so take time to browse, when you have some free time.  Anything by Gladi8tor is going to be a fairly current build and well designed.  Some of the older ones may need to be adjusted to be usable.  You can tweak the downloads in the editor if there is something you want to change.

You do not really need to design anything at all, but there are some tutorials on YouTube that may help, if you want to get into it, as well as threads here on the forum that describe how to do detailed work.

Don't forget to share your builds if you come up with something nice... especially if you are good with creating and using decals to "smooth over" the designs.  Skilled builders are always appreciated.

Gladi8er65

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Do i need to customise / build my own designs to play?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:26:28 AM »

There are a lot of things designed by other people which are already available on the Workshop.  You access the workshop in-game from the command menu (~) or the command menu button at the bottom right of the screen.  Go to Menu: Online: Workshop.  You can search by type (recommended) to quickly find something useful, or by creator if you happen to like someone's creations.  Items are ordered according to the number of "thumbs up" that they have received, but you shouldn't discount the possibility that something really good has been added that isn't highly rated yet, so take time to browse, when you have some free time.  Anything by Gladi8tor is going to be a fairly current build and well designed.  Some of the older ones may need to be adjusted to be usable.  You can tweak the downloads in the editor if there is something you want to change.

You do not really need to design anything at all, but there are some tutorials on YouTube that may help, if you want to get into it, as well as threads here on the forum that describe how to do detailed work.

Don't forget to share your builds if you come up with something nice... especially if you are good with creating and using decals to "smooth over" the designs.  Skilled builders are always appreciated.

Thank You very much for the endorsement on my Planet Explorers custom builds... I have over 1,000 hours in PE and I spent a great deal of time in creator and basically taught myself (trial and error) how to make functional vehicles and weapons. I strived to create items which not only look decent, but also function perfectly and easily... There is a very fine line when trying to get the "perfect" balance especially in flying vehicles... too much weight in any direction will cause the vehicle to fly wonky or NOT fly at all, so I took my time to make sure they were PERFECTLY balanced... All my designs were created using the latest version of the game, so there should be NO issues with any of my creations working... Good luck to the OP in finding custom items to use and hope everyone has as much fun in the game as I have had.