Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Extreme Fps Issues!!  (Read 245 times)

mickenzyjoela

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Extreme Fps Issues!!
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »

Hi guys, i am having some very bad fps issues with this game. My specs are: Intel i5 4460 3.20Ghz quadcore R9 380X 4gb vram gpu 8gb of ram The game was running quite badly, good settings at around 20-30fps, then i updated my drivers yesterday, and the performance jumped to 50-60fps. Now, its even worse than before updating the drivers. I get around 10-20fps with lowest settings now. I dont expect anyone to reply since this game is dead pretty much, but thanks regardless.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Fps Issues!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:55:25 PM »

My first question would be: what have you been building in the vicinity?  If you are talking about the frame rate at your colony: the more you build the slower your frame rate will be.

Things that slow down frame rate:

# of colonists
User-placed terrain voxels
Objects
Monorail in vicinity.
Massive numbers of building blocks

If you have the frame rate monitor turned on, you can see how it changes as you look at specific things (or in that general direction).

Try to limit colonists to around 12-16 (or less)
Use terrain sparingly
Don't build a rail unless you just really like rails (like me).
For massive builds, use HOLLOW designs to simulate massiveness.  Think chocolate Easter bunny.  It looks really big, but doesn't necessarily have to use a lot of chocolate.  Building hollow walls takes skill and practice, but it will help with the frame rate on massive builds.

EDIT: Sorry, one last thing, which may not help with this, but might help with game loading on large maps.  Turn off voxel cache, and/or delete voxel cache in the Options: Misc section before loading the game.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:06:32 PM by Omidawn »