Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: ISO Weapon Damage Statistics - help?  (Read 94 times)

popchau

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
ISO Weapon Damage Statistics - help?
« on: January 28, 2019, 10:21:31 AM »

Is there a breakdown of what material does what damage and how for swords, daggers, guns, lasers and so on? I've read some things about surface area and swords and how using a giant waffle fry is apparently good, or how firearm damage is a function of how far the barrel is from the handle - but the things i'm reading are at least two years old, if not older. Yify https://putlocker.ooo/ Omegle

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:44:03 PM by popchau »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: ISO Weapon Damage Statistics - help?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:04:06 AM »

Most of this information is still correct.  Swords are difficult to make, but basically you shave a block down until it is razor thin point, then extrude it in the dimensions that you want for the sword.  The more irregular edges it has, the better damage it will do, so symmetric patterns will not do as much damage a irregular shapes.  However, the main factor is the total length and sharpness of the edges.  Something that looks like a thousand flying razor blades will definitely be a champion sword.  (see the "lollipop" sword elsewhere in this section)  It doesn't need to be insane in order to be effective.  There are a lot of decent damage normal-looking swords in the workshop.

For the firearms, the distance from the muzzle to the grip affects the accuracy, not the damage.  Damage is solely a function of weight and material.  There are, again, a lot of decent ranged weapons already on the workshop, but I think everyone has at least one of their own design.

I make my weapons out of aluminum, and after doing swaps with other materials, that one seems to give me the best results for the builds that I have done.  I do not know how to do custom materials, or how to tweak the material stats.