Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Any tips for adventure mode?  (Read 140 times)

popchau

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Any tips for adventure mode?
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:49:44 AM »

So I just started playing my first long (hours rather than minutes) game since about 0.45, currently about 2h 30m in and completed enough quests I have the scripts to make a very basic colony and vehicle, but this is   new movies on netflix 123 movies movies also the first thing where suddenly I need a bunch of resources mined. Where is the best place to get scripts for anything better than wooden tools, and any other tips would be nice.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:26:00 PM by popchau »

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips for adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:30:30 AM »

The start town is level one in SP Adventure mode, but I think the second town is level two, and should have some useful scripts.  You will have to search to find level two and higher towns, in order to get access to better equipment.  Alternatively, you can find a lot of useful scripts in dungeons as well as in the supply pods that pop up around you (tree trunks, canisters, piles of rocks/stones).  If you have trouble seeing them, you can turn the grass off and it basically is a cheat for seeing things that are hidden in the grass.  If you see a pile of anything, it is likely useful (even the poo, if you want to make organic fertilizer).  Also, don't forget to look underwater, if there is a body of water nearby... the pods will spawn there as well.

My "fast track" to leveling up with skill tree is to sell what I can in order to purchase and equip a follower with a silver sword and shield, and then let them fight for me in the low level dungeons until I level up enough to fight for myself.  Always skill up in range before melee, as the Blaster2 is one of the best weapons in the game.  Once you are able to equip that, and have your melee companion(s) for a shield, you will quickly level up to 8, 9, and 10 dungeons, where you get the really good scripts and gear drops.

When you are decently outfitted, try to find the level 4 towns to help with anything that you might be missing, as well as access to the energy tools and energy sword/shield.
Don't forget that you can recycle some of the high level gear that you find in order to get titanium for making and maintaining your titanium armors.

A tip for building in adventure mode:  when possible, save and import your buildings as ISOs for faster setup.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:44:02 AM by Omidawn »