Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Marble and stone on adventure mode?  (Read 159 times)

popchau

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Marble and stone on adventure mode?
« on: January 27, 2019, 06:21:19 AM »

Sure hope someone still visits here... I am so short https://downloader.vip/the-pirate-bay/ Nox https://pnrstatus.vip/  of those resources that it's ridiculous. You can't scan for them, of course. I haven't had trouble farming up limestone because the red "dirt" on top of the mountains are limestone, but I have hardly any marble or stone, mostly because once you get under the top layer it's just dirt, dirt, dirt. Can anyone give me some tips on getting stone and marble?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:02:44 PM by popchau »

KuoHH

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Marble and stone on adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:52 PM »

use build mode to make them ,then farming them yourself. or buy them from npcs.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Marble and stone on adventure mode?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:09:41 AM »

I'm not sure what happened to my other reply, but yes: use build mode to place terrain blocks of the type you need (you may need to purchase 4 from a vendor to get started).  Always use a pick to mine for resources, as it has a much better yield.  I usually do this up on a platform so that I don't mess up the natural terrain.  5 ladders will get you to the top of 12 terrain blocks. Use gravity to mine it down, so that you don't have to move (gravity moves you to the next block).

If you are in adventure mode with skill tree enabled (my preferred mode) then you will have to unlock the terrain voxel placement in the Build skill tree (3rd tier, I believe) before you can do this.

If skill tree is not enabled, then you can do this right from the start with a wooden pick.  (You get more back from a voxel than it takes to place it.)  You can quickly turn 4 purchased blocks into hundreds, and then thousands.  Use what you need and sell the rest.  This works for stone, grass(dirt), sand, limestone, and marble.  Unlimited supply.  Limestone and Marble also drop traces of Copper and Iron, if needed, but for large projects you will want to find the ore veins.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:19:02 PM by Omidawn »