Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Fishing???  (Read 260 times)

Elloeese

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Fishing???
« on: December 31, 2018, 03:25:25 AM »

>:(  Yup.  I'm not happy.
Being a seasoned gamer and a "mature" one at that, trying to fish in Portia is everything BUT fun.
I've watched several videos and read the suggestions out there, but trying to catch anything higher than a Catfish
is too challenging.
Please update your fishing system.  Although, it is cute, you're not giving enough leeway when it comes to tension.
Not all of us who play are young, spry and have quick reflexes, ya know?

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 10:02:28 PM »

If you are holding down the mouse button, you will likely fail. The trick is to follow/track the fish with the mouse to lower the tension (without pulling) and when the tension is down (and the indicator is white), TAP the mouse to bring it closer.  If it is an easy fish, or tracking well, you can hold the mouse button for as much as a second or two.  If the fish moves, release the button immediately.  Release, check the tension, track to reduce tension, and when you get another good spot tap and reel it in a little more.  Do not press and hold to reel it in all at once, as most fish (besides catfish) will snap the line if you pull it for that long.  The harder the fish, the longer it will take to reel it in.  If the tension indicator is HIGH, don't do anything except track the fish until it goes back down.  You increase the tension when you pull, even if the indicator is white, so if you don't wait until the tension is down, you will snap the line.  Pull it in bit by bit.  Even if the fish is not moving, you may need to tap tap tap to allow the tension to ease in between taps.  The hard fish increase tension very quickly when you pull.  I hope this helps.

Eventually you can upgrade your rod, and that will help a bit too with the harder fish.