Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: CO-OP similar to story mode?  (Read 5959 times)

--i395--

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
CO-OP similar to story mode?
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »

Is this going to be available or is it only going to be PvP like?  I would rather be able to host a server for a few friends and play the story or something similar.  I don't want to be given a box full of stuff so that there is no reason to work on getting materials and building things.  Also, what about being able to save your game state so you can load it back up to continue from where you leave off in multiplayer?

Rhin

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: CO-OP similar to story mode?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »

Coop-story mode is on "to do list" but in long term.

I really hope they add in by beta or release game, the only multiplayer modes i am intereted is in story coop with few friends and maybe  a random pvp maps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:16:35 AM by Rhin »

Seafort

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »

Or they could miss out the storymode for coop and have all the players crash land at different coordinates with limited equipment so you have to find each other first.

Like a survivor mode where u have to gather resources to build the base together before you are attacked by the creatures or local inhabitants :)

I don't like the adventure mode much as it gives you way too many resources and makes the game too easy.

I do hope they do story coop as well but let them get any kind of multiplayer working first :P

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »

I suggested the remote start for hardcore mode, first task to survive (no stores full of meat and first aid you get just your knife), second task see if anyone else survived (and on PVP they may not be that friendly but you might have to band together to survive then they will steal your stuff unlike PVE which is pure coop).  Of course there will be those that cheat with voice chat, but without locator beacons saying I am over by the loop tree next to the mushroom hill is not going to be easy to find each other.

I think you can have the NPC side quests in multiplayer  I just do not see how you can run parallel main quests without making the game instanced which defeats a persistent sandbox.  How do you propose they deal with a quest like the Fort Defense where Chen brings back the herd of pain triggering an advance in the storyline?  Make Chen do it all over again for the guy that missed out?   Or give the slacker a freebie quest reward even though he did not play to keep everyone on the same timeline?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:04:27 PM by yarnevk »

dreatern

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »

I love the adventure free mode sandbox idea.

But i dont like to start the game with a box filled with infinite items/resouces   :-\
I hope that soon the adventure mode becomes different from the build mode

The adventure mode should only give you primitive tools and then you start to collect things to create your mega empire  ;D

steam:  dreatern

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »

But i dont like to start the game with a box filled with infinite items/resouces   :-\

agreed and I thought they tried to remove the adventure mode NPC with all the stuff which is why nobody can play it in 0.6 since that is why it is crashing.   I presume you are talking about .53, but if you have succesfully played it in 0.6 please tell everyone what your seed was!  I tried 'waterworld' suggested by the dev and it still crashed.

You might want to check out my old hardcore mode post and tack on your support and ideas!  It predates the release that added the revival shot, so my take on that is if you gather and make the shots yourself you can use them but they are not in stores.

http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=398.msg3635#msg3635
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:33:55 PM by yarnevk »

dreatern

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

agreed and I thought they tried to remove the adventure mode NPC with all the stuff which is why nobody can play it in 0.6 since that is why it is crashing.   I presume you are talking about .53, but if you have succesfully played it in 0.6 please tell everyone what your seed was!  I tried 'waterworld' suggested by the dev and it still crashed.

You might want to check out my old hardcore mode post and tack on your support and ideas!  It predates the release that added the revival shot, so my take on that is if you gather and make the shots yourself you can use them but they are not in stores.

http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=398.msg3635#msg3635

I was talking about the multiplayer adventure mode.
This is working but you have the same chest like the build mode with infinite items.
I cannot play singleplayer adventure mode like everyone, but the multiplayer works ( with the damn chest with unlimited things :( )

steam:  dreatern