Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts  (Read 53236 times)

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Target audience age.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »

I'll write this down and possibility implement it later down the line. It's not a bad idea.

Yeah, we do plan to have mods.

EvilScott

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Strafing?
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 03:33:54 PM »

The ability to bind strafe L/R to Q/R would be great! Thanks!

EvilScott

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Top-down view?
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »

Any chance of being able to toggle a directly top-down view to help with construction? This would work really well with the aforementioned grid overlay (which I am also all for). Thanks, awesome game!

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Top-down view?
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

We'll implement a free camera mode for building in the next alpha.

FizzyX

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Player-Created Items
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »

TL;DR:  Games made in the weapons/vehicle creator to be placed into the world for added cosmetics and to relieve just the average passive boredom.

The Idea:
Ok, now I understand the game has a huge emphasis on creating custom weapons, custom vehicles, and the characters have a decent amount to it, but what about custom items to be placed into the world using the same creator used with weapons and vehicles?  I think it could be done with how the engine appears.  Simply take the same designer tool, remove requirements for specific parts making it a sort or cosmetic only type deal.  It would allow users to make custom decorations, statues even for their forts or homes.  I sometimes find myself making random stuff in the weapon creator without actually making a weapon and this just came to me.

Benefits:
-Less development need for things like chairs, fences(possibly), and other miscellaneous items
-A better looking, if not silly or serious, environment for the creative player
-Enormous quantities of added hours of gameplay on top of the large amount already there

Further note:
The items could either be placed as physics items, like a ball that bounces around, or the bed that doesn't like to stay still when you touch it.  Or static, like a fence, or a custom, cosmetic-only plant.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: Player-Created Items
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 02:08:08 AM »

Please listen to this man for 0.6 and include this!! =D
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Death Saved

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Colonist Survival Tool
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 03:54:50 AM »

Or C.S.T for short.

What is it?

A wearable personal assistant

How does it fit in to the story?

It is a tool given out to all the colonist's to aid in the exploration and colonization of the planet.

What does it do?

For starters not much, it will only have basic functions:

-P.S.I (Personal Status Indicator) which shows your basic stats such as health, oxygen, comfort, attack and defense.
-Atomic compactor which is your inventory a high tech bag of holding.
-Task Tracker which is your quest tracker.
-micro synthesizer which the item creator.
-Movement Detector which marks moving life forms on your mini map.
-G.P.S which acts as your map and mini map.

Later on in the story you will be able to upgrade some of its functionality and even add new ones:

-Upgrading the Atomic compactor so you can carry more stuff, can be upgraded by an electric engineer.
-Upgrading the Movement Detector into a Bio Scanner which detects moving and stationary lifeforms including plants, and you can even get an add on for it that would let you mark certain plants/animals so you can harvest them.
-Adding a Threat Detector shows which animals are hostile and also shows how dangerous they are to you based on your equipment, can be gotten from Chen the soldier.
-Adding a metal detector that will show mineral deposits on your mini map, later on you can upgrade it with a discriminator to let you pick and choose what metals to look for, can be gotten from Liau the Miner.

Death Saved

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Community translations
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 03:59:59 AM »

Would be great if you would allow us to pitch in on the translation front.

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Community translations
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:55 PM »

That's not a bad idea, we might just do that...after the script is done though (too much flux right now all over the place).

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Player-Created Items
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »

Yes, we are doing this, but we've a couple of tech issues to resolve before this can happen, I'll touch more on this probably in the next month, as we are tackling it now.

knightdreamer2k

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Player Creater
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 07:53:50 PM »

I was wondering and hoping we can get more options for we when create our character.  Like different skin tones.  I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but there are other races besides white.  Also different hair types along with what I said above.  Game looks good so far.

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Player Creater
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 12:05:13 AM »

I was wondering and hoping we can get more options for we when create our character.  Like different skin tones.  I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but there are other races besides white.  Also different hair types along with what I said above.  Game looks good so far.

I would say that this is definatly planned as the game does have to options of altering the character appearance, just as the game is still currently in alpha development this would be at the bottom of the list as to what to focus the development skills on next..

TL:DR, This will be implemented, just not yet
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg

Nicad

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
A couple suggestions
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 03:27:53 AM »

I've really been enjoying the game!  I'm not sure if others have already mentioned these, but I have a few minor suggestions:

1) On the character creation screen, if you're playing in 720 resolution, the slider panel takes up about 1/3 of the screen, with the character you're working on right in the center.  If either the panel could be made a little smaller, or the character were centered more on the other 2/3 of the screen, it might look a bit better.

2) Is it possible to have keyboard controls for the camera in addition to the rightclick-drag?  This is more of a minor thing, and I'm not sure how you'd arrange it when there's a focus on having the other hand on the mouse.

3) Digging/etc targeting.  I don't know if this is possible within the engine you're using, but is there any way to place some kind of indicator on the ground showing where exactly you're going to be digging/mining?  I've noticed this in other games using the Unity engine where, because the terrain looks more natural-ish as opposed to defined blocks like a Minecraft-ish game, it's not really clear what you're modifying.

4) Not a suggestion, but a minor bug I noticed.  If you talk to Allen Carter a few times, one of his initial response phrases seems to be a Hispanic-accented voice saying "I think I've decided I don't really like this planet", instead of his usual vaguely Scottish sounding voice.

Keep up the good work, I'm having a blast! :)

8bitbeard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Oculus Rift Support
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 05:14:43 AM »

In case there is anyone in existence who has not heard of it, it's this thing. http://www.oculusvr.com/

Gaming is potentially at the very cusp of a VR revolution.  Yes, I know, you heard the same thing in the 90s, but for real this time.  Palmer Luckey and the Oculus Rift are leading the charge.

In order to support the Rift, Planet Explorers would need to implement at least two things.

1: Head tracking support for 1st person mode.

2: A pretty specific full screen shader that creates a side-by-side stereo image and warps each image to correct for the lenses.

Oculus Rift development kits will start arriving in the hands of those who have pre-ordered at the end of this month.  Kits include samples and tools to help facilitate proper Rift support.  Several in-house demos are built right into the Unity engine, so it shouldn't be too difficult for Planet Explorers to support this.

The biggest potential hurdle I can see happening here lies in performance.  Decent VR needs 60fps rendered twice, once for each eye.  GPUs will need to work twice as hard.

The Oculus Rift could be one of the biggest things to happen to gaming in a long time, and seeing Planet Explorers support it natively would be a dream come true.  Can't wait to lose myself on Maria.

Cheers.

Ineluki

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Emergency Kit Quest - confusing description
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »

In Story Mode there is a quest in which you shall find an emergency kit "which may be even beneath the ship".
Well, because notmally you discover this quest is somewhat late in the game (after the NPC awakes after the Animal Defense), I didn't realize that it is as simple as going back to the start crash and finding the chest being half burried in the dirt (which I already found before that quest)

Instead I took the "beneath the ship" literally and excavated the whole ship at Doc's camp, so that one could easily walk under the ship. This took me about 3 hours, I obtained over 2000 dirt blocks and the game froze about 100 time while digging voxels being in direct proximit to the ship's hull, which let to heavy save/load abuse.

After I found nothing under the ship (except 88 marble blocks and about 300 stone) I was somwhat frustrated. And then I realized, that "beneath the ship" is maybe an faulty version of "the ship beneath", which translates to the first crash site in the south. I went there, opened the chest, closed it and returned to the quest giver which was now in state "next quest available".

Therefore, I suggest to change the wording of the quest description my removing "beneath the ship" and adding a reference to the first crash site. Also it would be of great help, if one would be able to instantly finish the quest, if one already discovered the emergency kit and already took the stuff before starting the quest at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12