Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts  (Read 46568 times)

Gazz2

• Global Moderator
  • Citizen
  • I'm in your brains, thinking your thoughts.
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger hitboxes
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2013, 04:55:22 AM »

Since you mentioned swords..

IMO the real problem with melee weapons is that unlike ranged weapons, you have to hit something with the weapon and have the mouse pointer over the target.
The latter makes absolutely no sense.

Melee weapons should rather hit multiple things provided they are physically hit. That would be a tangible benefit over ranged weapons and give melee weapons a purpose.
Lord Corrector of the Universe? Yep, that's me!

matty101

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
alien artifact templates
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »

how bout adding rare alien artifacts that are hidden around the map or drop very rarely from creatures that give solid bonus' to things made in creator if added to them ie:

energy weapons: glowing crystals type things that are added to sides/muzzle of weapon to indicate weapon power or enhanced focusing

ballistic weapons: unknown alloy magazine(coats bullets in an alien alloy/more damage), enhanced bullet projection system(where the rounds go bang in normal guns/faster firing speed)

universal weapons: alien optics(gun sights)

vehicles: magno-gravitational stabilizers(better vehicle vehicle traction/doesnt bounce around the terrain as much), enhanced (fuel source)enrichment port(increases effect of motors)

buildings: waste protein recycler(collects 1 meat/day for every person in the area), holo projection unit(increases happiness/rest factor while in area)

you get the idea, the artifacts themselves would not be able to be made btw.

Gerard14

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Digging
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:29 AM »

I suggest you could add something like drill to dig faster and then when we could dig to a random cave there could be boss monster and his chest

Griffimus

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Flat map for "Build" mode?
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »

So that other game I like to play where I build stuff I have an option for making a perfectly flat map.  This works great for building test items and not having to deal with hills being in the way.  In 0.53 I noticed there are no mobs spawning in Build Game Mode so adding an option for a flat map would be nice.  This would allow us to test vehicles and buildings a little easier than a map with hills and trees.

Anyone else think this would be a nice addition? Thoughts?

yarnevk

• Andhera Rider
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
colorcode the status report on your PC window
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »

be better if health, oxygen, and stamina colors in the text report matched the colorbars in your status avatar.  Been a while since I played and getting it confused, so a newbie help thing to have.

Shotglass

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »

I apologize if my suggestions are already suggested:

Either a winch feature for the helicopter or the ability for vehicles/people to sit still on a moving vehicle. Example: a vehicle inside a helicopter or a person standing in a van

khowhl

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Trading window suggestion
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »

Hi,

There is a feature I would like to see implemented when trading : when left-clicking the + ou - buttons, add or substract one unit, but when you right-click them, increase the quantity (say 10 by 10 for example).

EDIT : sorry couldn't find any mention of this in the main post of the 2 stickied threads. My bad.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:22:02 PM by khowhl »

oaktree

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2013, 01:34:05 AM »

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or has been planned for already, but will you guys do something about the fall damage while in a vehicle?

Currently in .61, It feels like the fall damage is calculated the same way when in vehicle as when not in vehicle. So I end up dying pretty quick while in the vehicle >.<;;

If you don't want to get rid of fall damage entirely or make the structure of the vehicle play a factor in the fall damage calculation, then how about adding a shock absorber  template? the more of them you have attached to the wheel the less the fall damage? or something like that xP

Alu

• Settler
    • View Profile
Sort scripts feature
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »

After some time you find yourself in a mess of scripts, scrolling and searching for the right recipe, which gets quite annoying some time. A sort by- function would be nice. Also a cathegorize feature would help.
Also:
How about you shift-click a script and it generates a new cathegory with all scripts linked to this specific one. also, if you click inside the script on an item which also has a script, it should bring you directly to this one.

crom

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Sort scripts feature
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »

+1 for this.  :)

It comes really quickly pain to scroll that script window. Like Alu mentioned categories would help a lot (Guns&Bullets, Melee weapons, Healing, Food, Tools, ...). If that's not easy to implement then maybe first adding just search filter box with real time filtering for scripts.

Maybe additional quick slots, so we could add some mostly used scripts in those.

ChaoticGamer

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »

oh sorry, we got farming as well, if ur lazy get food, and bullets, fight the first alien with lesser power in story mode, muilty is pain the #$$, but there is always alternived way, *sigh* (turn face of greif looking at the monster cube) yeaaaaa....that would be one options I would think of. If you want to farm, create a farm near by, kill much monster in grassy field and have farm near by the ocean. tada! ur done, now paris-ic....para............wutever the spray bottle thing name is, yea I think they should at lest be make-able or easy find them more,wasting too much food for it to have a farm
If the person made up story, never know other ppl story could be end up true story for he/she the one who is in that story.

Thundercraft

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bigger hitboxes
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »

Melee weapons should rather hit multiple things provided they are physically hit. That would be a tangible benefit over ranged weapons and give melee weapons a purpose.

Agreed. Hitting multiple targets would be a useful, tangible benefit over ranged. And I agree entirely that melee weapons need to have an obvious benefit over ranged in order to give them a purpose. Why bother with melee at all when it's so much safer and easier to pick off targets at a safe distance?

The most obvious benefit possible would be to have melee weapons, on average, do more damage than ranged. That alone would give them purpose.

Another way would be to have melee weapons that can inflict a status effect, either doing more damage in an indirect way or temporarily incapacitating an enemy. I see no reason why there couldn't be a groove or something in a sword or axe that holds a reservoir of poison to slowly poison with each hit. (Some medieval weapons had grooves for poison.) And then there are the high-tech weapons players have been dreaming about, such as adding electric shock or heating the weapon red-hot, even plasma. Or, perhaps a vibro-blade that vibrates at ultrasonic speeds?

how bout adding rare alien artifacts that are hidden around the map or drop very rarely from creatures that give solid bonus' to things made in creator if added to them ie:

energy weapons: glowing crystals type things... [snip]
ballistic weapons: unknown alloy magazine... [snip]
universal weapons: alien optics(gun sights)... [snip]
...[snip]
...you get the idea, the artifacts themselves would not be able to be made btw.

Interesting ideas. And, yes, it'd be very nice to see un-craftable alien artifacts similar to those.

I suggest you could add something like drill to dig faster and then when we could dig to a random cave there could be boss monster and his chest

True, we need better digging tools. And the devs have said they are coming.

But on the idea of fighting "boss" monsters and looting their chests: On the one hand, this sounds like the mechanics of some forgetful, run-of-the-mill game. However, this idea is not completely without merit.

Consider how completely empty and boring underground caves are right now. They're huge, they're dark and they're very creepy... but that's it. Considering how scary and dangerous the surface is, I was half expecting them to be filled with creatures and stuff. [Edit: I've since read that those dark creatures can spawn underground, in caves. But I've never witnessed this, myself.]

So, why not populate the caves with a unique underground biome? They could be filled with exotic mushrooms (both giant tree-like and small) and glowing lichen (moss) which survive in a symbiosis with alien bacteria by breaking down the soil and rocks. And there'd be creatures that feed on the mushrooms and lichen. And predators that feed on them. Perhaps even bat-like creatures that fly out of the caves at night?

And, of course, there could be the rare giant apex underground predator on top of the food chain. You know, like the Andhera Queen. These could drop rare ingredients, like armor plates or claws and such. They might even be nesting next to an alien ruin or artifact.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:16:52 AM by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]