My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts  (Read 60646 times)

Yuki-chan

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Grass and water blocks for landsculpting
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »

the name says it all

Yuki-chan

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bullets
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:43 PM »

depleted uranium bullets wouldnt cause target to lose health over time but they would burn it, DU is a pyrophoric,self-sharpening when chipeed material (thats why its used for anti-tank penetrators)

but yeah, definitely agreed

softer materials could have much less damage and a chance to stun/slow the target for a bit, heavier materials could affect ballistics (if theyre implemented) but have higher stopping power and penetration

You Squarehead Depleted uranium is LEAD!!!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:09:55 PM by Yuki-chan »

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »

Oi!  His head is as round as yours.   But, very true point still.
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Greenfyre

• Settler
    • View Profile
Not being able to fast travel near hostile animals
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »

I found that I can still fast travel while I am being attacked. Is this supposed to happen? If so, will it be fixed in an up coming build?
Yes, he likes that, Alfie. Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All.

Sir Slush

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Trading, buying and creating
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2013, 04:33:46 AM »

Recently I built a battle mech featured on the ISO page. Believe it or not, it took about 1000 pigments to create.
When we naturally start building bigger and bigger vehicles (especially the flying ones), this problem will amplify. So before I burn a hole through my mouse by buying another thousand pigments, I'd like to suggest the ability to move the counter up by tens or twenties.

wesleyianbruce

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Bullets
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

depleted uranium bullets wouldnt cause target to lose health over time but they would burn it, DU is a pyrophoric,self-sharpening when chipeed material (thats why its used for anti-tank penetrators)

but yeah, definitely agreed

softer materials could have much less damage and a chance to stun/slow the target for a bit, heavier materials could affect ballistics (if theyre implemented) but have higher stopping power and penetration

You Squarehead Depleted uranium is LEAD!!!!
Sorry depleted uranium is uranium 238 and that's depleted because it has no U 233, U 235 or plutonium or thorium in it. Its what comes out of the refining process that makes enriched uranium. It takes 4.47 billion years to get to lead. The stuff that powers reactors and bombs is U 235.
Some depleted uranium is reported to have fast decaying isotopes, radioactive, in it but is supposed to be screened for that in the factory.
The granite at Grand Central Station New York will give you a bigger dose than a single depleted uranium round. if you hit with one your dead before the chemistry or any radiation matters.

All uranium is toxic but at least one person has survived a lethal dose of uranium tetrafluoride and lived. He was radioactive for months and a very sick boy but he lived. It was unsafe for doctors to visit him for more than a few hours in their life! So they had to put him in the nuclear power plant car park in a mobile home, used 5 doctors and some robots to treat him. Needless to say the sequenced his DNA as soon as that technology became available.

Greenfyre

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »

Radiation Burn!!!
Yes, he likes that, Alfie. Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All.

Greenfyre

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for other gun/vehicle templates
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »

I don' know if this has been brought up, but the ability to rotate handles, and or more types of handles would be great :D

Aleideka

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Suggestion: ISO vehicles on water and even below the watersurface
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

Hi all,

Ive searched the forums a bit, but I didn't find those suggestions, so here they are:

Let us make ISO's for water vehicles (boats, ships and even submarines).

And now that i'm on it - Some ISO's used for flyingmachines would be nice to :)

Greetings Aleideka
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:56:09 AM by Aleideka »

Syrrhaptes Paradoxus

• Colonist
  • Care Bear MEGA FLARE!
    • View Profile
Multiplayer autosave
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »

Apparently, if you leave a server without saving, your equipped gear, as well as your hotkeys are reset. That is somewhat awkward, I think. Maybe implement an autosave function for every 15 minutes or so and on disconnecting?

Edit: what a silly suggestion of me, rather the character data should maybe be saved live to the server?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:11:26 AM by Syrrhaptes Paradoxus »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a spidercrab.

freewaygamer

• Enlistee
  • learning program languages creating php based site
    • View Profile
    • World of warcraft Related Forum
Better AI awareness
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »

Better AI awareness
- npc's AI Need improvements at path finding

- line of sight. Many wargames use counters to represent units and determine line of sight.
  A common technique is to hold a length of thread between two counters.
  If the thread, held straight, doesn't encounter any obstacles, the line of sight is valid.

freewaygamer

• Enlistee
  • learning program languages creating php based site
    • View Profile
    • World of warcraft Related Forum
Automatic crash report service
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2013, 12:57:04 PM »

would it not be better if u implement a automatic crash report service
in to the game so you are not depending on player's to send you the crash rapport output.log

For example

SenorPicante

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
New Game Modes
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

I was thinking that some new game modes would definitely add interest to Planet explorers. I know they're coming out with a Hardcore mode. But I hope other people have some other ideas like maybe minigames or a multiplayer paintball version where you can use your imported gun on a pre-made arena-like map. Obviously I dont have the best of ideas for a game mode but im sure other people out there do. If anyone reading this does come up with something, THEN POST IT!.... OOO just thought of a couple.... RACING (with checkpoints) and TOWER DEFENSE (where its basically a never ending monster spawner, you respawn after every wave as long as you have a man on your team alive, and you have to work for your resources but you start with an iron pickax and you have every script and are allowed to export. and waves will only go to the next round if you kill off the wave first)  8)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:59:13 AM by SenorPicante »

Ivory

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Tutorials, Guides, and How To's.
« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2013, 11:44:27 AM »

Hello all!

I'm a noobie to this game and forum, so please forgive me if this subject has already been addressed.

Basically what I would like to see more of here and in the game is some kind of guide or tutorial on basics like Building Items, Equipment, and Bases. I used to play City of Heroes and they had a great in game tutorial as well as guide for those new to the game.

Even though this game is fairly easy to get used to. It would be a great help if someone (anyone) could post guides and tutorials here until the game itself sets one up. For example: How do you go about making walls in the first place? What materials would be best for outer walls?  What Materials are best for inner walls?  How do you remove walls?  How can you make high tech weapons like machine guns or lasers you can carry.  Can you make underwater buildings?  Stuff like that :)

Right now the materials are nearly unlimited in supply, but I'm sure it's not going to be that way in Beta, or when the Game goes live. So starting out, I'm sure the colonists would be using things like wood to make walls since steel would take sometime to manufacture, unless there will be factories which need resources and such.

That's about it. Thanks for your time, and I hope to see some tutorials or simple guides here in the future.

bmxracer23

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Bigger hitboxes
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2013, 02:49:36 AM »

I know the game is in alpha, but the hit-boxes are extremely small, and it is nearly impossible for people to kill anything, even with things like Energy Swords.
Quick fix: Enlarge the hit-box, make it a bit bigger, to a extent of it actually being hit-able. If this isn't the problem, another way is not make the environment so hostile so early on. The swords can be tweaked a bit too, I think they might be also part of the problem why people can't really kill too easily, because they miss, even when directly clicking.
I think the hit-box is the best bet, and probably can be fixed the easiest, at least in my opinion from experience.

What do you think? Any more suggestions or idea's how to fix it? Anything else along those lines?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12