Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts  (Read 47515 times)

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Volume Controls
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »

This one's going in in 0.5.  :)

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Creator Mode Brush Tool
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 02:57:40 PM »

We're gonna hold on to this thought and get back to it in the future when we're doing a more comprehensive tuneup for the create system. But it's a good idea, we'll discuss it.

VitaminK

• Enlistee
  • one.tribe
    • View Profile
    • Planet Explorers Wiki
Controller Support
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 10:37:12 PM »

Just like title says, I can't remember if this was touched on or not in the previous forum but regardless it would be nice to have.

I use a xbox 360 controller for a lot of games (especially 3rd person) and am sure others would if it was available. Since its Microsoft I dont think it would be too hard to implement, I know there are third party apps you can use but it would be nice to just have it built into the game.

Contribute by clicking above!

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Controller Support
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:22 AM »

This one's on the todo list...very very low priority at the moment though. Should still be before beta 0.1.

LethKhar

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
can i have a ladder?
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »

it's hard to climb my buildings in story mode,because i don't have enough block for stairs  :-\

p.s:this game is really fun :)
p.s2:i'm sorry for my bad english :P

cowboygeeker

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
New forum section Show off your tools/ weapons
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 09:15:27 AM »

This seems like a logical thing to add as there is only one showcase thread in general discussion.

Regards

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: New forum section Show off your tools/ weapons
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »

We'll put up a new section for showing off and trading creations after A0.5 comes out.  :)

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: can i have a ladder?
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »

Yeah, that's in the plans.  :)

cowboygeeker

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
The ability to access the tool/weapons editor from the main menu.
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

To Tell you the truth you guys have an awesome game but I am loving the weapon/tool editor and making guns and stuff, it would be easier on my computer resources to have just the editor and not the whole game under it as well. Also more space for items, I am running out!

regards

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: The ability to access the tool/weapons editor from the main menu.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »

That's in the plans for Av0.5.  ;)

VitaminK

• Enlistee
  • one.tribe
    • View Profile
    • Planet Explorers Wiki
Ability to Craft in Adventure and Build Modes
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »

No idea why this isnt already done. If at all possible slip this in before/during Greenlight.

Contribute by clicking above!

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Ability to Craft in Adventure and Build Modes
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 12:49:26 AM »

Craft as in using scripts? That is in in Adventure right? Build has everything ready to go.

Honestly though, those 2 modes are sorta borked at the moment since we're still going over a new algorithm for speedy and good looking cave and terrain generation. We're almost there with the cave (this one's glorious  ;D) but still looking at the terrain.

dradiinmmo

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
A few of my idea's
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »

Map Marking: When i place a map marker can we get an arrow pointing to it like we do from quests ?

Off Hand usage: When i have my sword in one hand i can have a shield, but when i equip a torch i can only have a shield in the off hand. Is there a way to implement it so i can place the sword in main hand and torch/flashlight/hamburger/pistol in the off hand ?

Mutltiplayer/stretch goals: While playing this game today i sat and thought how intense it would be to add in a multiplayer mode where a group of players had to defend a settlement. Wave after wave would assault the group and they would have a day in between assaults. This would be simply amazing gameplay. Could be one of the stretch goals if you go with Kickstarter.

Simple UI Tutorial: Sorry but i am not sure what all the bars were when i first began, if you could either have a simple UI information panel when a new player starts it would lend itself to a better introduction. That or you have a tooltip where the mouse hovers of UI elements and tells the player what it is they are looking at. While i am talking about this what are the two sword icons to the right of the avatars face in the UI ?

Targeting: I did not like the feel of harvesting or combat because i was not sure what i was harvesting or if i was in the right spot to harvest. When i was in combat with more than one aggressive mob, i had no idea which one i was hitting, if there could be a simple circle under the object i am trying to target it would help tons to understand what i am trying to do in the game.

Farming: i will admit i have not played as much as others (just got it working tonight) when i was in Adventure mode i wanted to create my own little haven, i wanted to make a plot of plants to harvest, maybe plant seeds, maybe corral docile creatures and use them for a type of milk/eggs.

Night time: I love how dark it is at night, i just wish the flashlight was more useful, when you move it really does not help that the beam is just all over the place, torch is nice but it does not illuminate as well.

Script Cache: I was thinking in adventure mode there could be other downed ships to be located in each of those they could have logs that could allow for random scripts to be located (kinda of like treasure chests).

Companion/Family: Ok this is on the waaaay out there idea, but if there could be a way to have a companion, and that even lead to making a family that you can live with and develop i would be thunderstruck on how awesome the game would be. Sure the whole act of sex would need to be handled in a less risque way (maybe just have a couple get in bed and sleep and then months down the road you got a kid). Even having a whole community of NPCs down the road would be sweet, but then you would need a nice procedural AI, lack of a better example the radiant AI in Skyrim.

Anywho, thanks for this game it is amazing.

GallonOfAlan

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Target audience age.
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »

First off - this looks fantastic, well done on everything so far!

My suggestion would be a 'kid mode', whereby you're limited to effectively Minecraft-type weapons - swords and bows and so on. I don't really want my younger kid playing stuff with guns until he's old enough to appreciate that real guns don't work like game guns, and all that.

And I think there is potential for increasing your possible sales base in a big way if you not only had that, but also made sure it was right there in the promotional material.

Is there a plan for any sort of developer API where that could be modded in, if it isn't possible for the actual core game?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:22:47 PM by GallonOfAlan »

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: A few of my idea's
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

The adventure/build modes right now are very simplistic, we'll turn around and worry about their logic as we finish more gameplay mechanics in the main game.  :) We'll try to make them an infinite terrain or a large landmass.

The map marking should be in by a0.6.

Not a bad idea with the torch. a0.6.

This one is planned. a0.7

We'll have a much more comprehensive intro from Gerdy...the one there right now is just...a display of a lack of time. haha. a0.6 or 0.7

We'll consider targeting, maybe a turn on/off thing.

Farming is going in a0.7 or 0.8

We'll fix the flashlight animation by a0.6 We've a lot of ideas for nighttime, haven't had the programming time to put them in yet.

Family...is not planned at the moment, maybe when we have time in beta, haha.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12