Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts  (Read 47503 times)

From Hell

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »

As the number of suggestion posts rises, so does the number of duplicate suggestions. It's the nature of the beast. =)
Deleting them would not be cool but they can be collated into this thread.

You will also see that many suggestions have already been implemented or are about to be.
They, too, will probably end up in here since the suggestion has served it's purpose.

Last, there were a number of topics that didn't generate a lot of interest or were plain item lists that while being a useful reference for content creation, did not actually suggest doing anything special with all these items.

Oh, and rarely there are suggestion posts without any suggestions at all. It happens.

Note that having posts moved here does not mean that your suggestion was "not worthy"! We keep it here. Just in case.

Gazz.

First I'd like to say that you've done a great job keep up the good work.
I just fond your game at Thursday but i played about 15 hours since then.
At first I thought it's  an quite nice looking RPG for free, but after i while i found out that you can actually dig holes and construct buildings and that the game is still in alpha phase.
It's amazing how much freedom the player have even in this state of the game but there are some things I still miss ( I've only read parts of the old board so excuse me if I tell you something you've already heard) or simply some ideas what could also be added to the game.

I divided them into: rather easy to embed, rather hard and something in between ( based on what I think). I've marked those, who I think are more or less necessary with (!) at the end.

Easy
-in 1920x1080 the numbers in your inventory re really hard to read it'd would be nice to be able to scale the UI (!)
- furthermore a continues mining ( hold down the mouse bottom and dig one block after another)(!)
-same goes for attacks(!)
- some more efficient mine tools (e.g. explosives, chainsaw, compressed air hammer)
- creating your own shield wold be nice as well ( like you can do with swords)
( I still don't get how the damage is decided except more+better material= more damage , or is it all there is to?)
-as range weapons maybe an crossbow and add two-handed swords, axes and maces as new hand-to-hand combat weapons as well
-a short description of the things in your inventory if you move over with the mouse would be nice ( e.g "Wood: Basic structure material. Can be gathered by cutting down trees", "Iron:basic material for most weapons. Can be found in hills and at meteor crash sites", " Meat: Used for trading. Can be gathered by hunting animals"
-while aiming at an enemy display his name
-to make mining easier it'll be great to give the player the option to highlight the block he's aiming at (and maybe what kind of block it is)
- marks on your map ( individually created as well as for important places and areas where to find certain materials)
-craft glass
-storage facilities for your stuff

Difficult
-blocks that swim, so that one can make a base on the ocean or huge ships like air craft carrier (and enable these to move like a vehicle would be great)
-coop story mode
-scripts discovered by experiments ( like done in  "the elder scrolls" for example)
-planes
-natural phenomenons (like sandstorms in desert, blizzards, meteor impacts, floods,...)
-seasons

Something in between
-transport water, for example with a bucket or a pump
-get seeds from plants so that you can do farming or perform a local "terraform"
-i looked in the creator tool an thought:"It would be nice if I could equip the vehicles with weapons"
-maybe you can add some sort of character development? like more hp (level based) or enable him to getter more or better materials after a certain while ( x times loot animal y, or z times mine block w, something like that) or give a bonus to mining-speed or damage dealt
- a fast travel option to spots you've already visited (!)
-hovering vehicles
-ships
-motorcycle
-character needs to sleep/eat
-different reaction towards the player depending on how much he helped him already (with this maybe some special scripts)
-trees burns down after being hit from a lightning or set on fire by a torch
-the kind of armor have influence on your mobility and speed
- a way to build, mine and fight underwater
-different speed of travel on different materials ( build streets to travel faster)

Furthermore I like the idea posted by norab7 on the old board to have several planets, asteroids and planetoids to travel to and build on.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:09:05 PM by Gazz »

VitaminK

• Enlistee
  • one.tribe
    • View Profile
    • Planet Explorers Wiki
Re: Some things that came to my mind
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »

Good list, I think you have a lot of good ideas here and there are actually quite a few that are already on there way into the game.

Contribute by clicking above!

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »

These are some nice ideas, Thanks.
But like vitimine has said alot of these have already been suggested on the old board and are currently being worked on.

However there is only one thing in your post that i would have to SO STRONGLY disagree with because of games like WoW and other Reputation system games.

different reaction towards the player depending on how much he helped him already (with this maybe some special scripts)

I hope Zifei never implements this, i've spent enough time doing reputation quests on World of Warcraft to have any type of interest in doing it on another game.

That being said, there is still the possibility for it to be done Right. If Zifei can manage that, he's a genius and Planet Explorers will become MASSIVE!

Everything else i think is great though. :D
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Duplicate, Already Implemented, or Reference Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »

Mouse Controls:

Someone has stated that the mouse controls are not as intuitive as they could be, and that made me think and make this topic.

The controls should be much like what World of Warcraft has. Which means to change the current mouse controls to:

-Hold Right mouse button to turn character. While the right mouse button is held the mouse pointer is locked to the centre of the screen. This would allow you to turn the character around in a 360'degree(plus) movement without the mouse leaving the Game Window. Unlike now when you hold the right mouse button you can move your mouse pointer around freely and even leave the Game Window all-together if you move far enough.

-Clicking Right Mouse Button to Interact. This would change opening storage, talking to NPC's, activating weapons/consumable from the Hotbar, Useing consumables from Inventor along with Equipping weapons and armour to be done by Single clicking the right mouse button. This would remove the accidental digging/mining that happens now when using the Left mouse button for interacting.

-Hold Left Mouse button to look around. Unlike my suggestion of "Holding Right Mouse button", holding the left mouse button would only adjust the camera angle allowing the removal of "F" for Free look. Holding Left Mouse Button would have no impact on the direction of the player character only the camera angle.

-Clicking Left Mouse Button to Dig/Mine/Herb/Chop ect... The Left mouse button would only be used to interact with the environment, so chopping wood, harvesting herbs, looting animals, digging dirt, mining materials ect would be control through single clicking the Left mouse button.

As clicking the left mouse button is only used for looking around the character and interacting with the environment, it should remove almost all the accidental digging.

However. placing blocks down to create structures would not be effected by this, only the actions of turning the character and changing the angle of the camera.

*Additional Mouse Controls*

-Placing Blocks in the world-

I've had a bit play with placing blocks in the world and i've come up with more ways to place blocks. (Only active when you have placeable blocks in your hand)

Currently Clicking and draging left mouse button creates a single line of blocks from "Point A" to "Point B". This can be changed to a Column of blocks by holding SHIFT while placing or a flat plate by holding CTRL.

My suggestion is to either allow both CTRL + SHIFT to be used together so that you can make a flat plate of blocks then Raise it in a column to create a filled box (e.g. A wall 4x2x8 ect)

Or to have Clicking and Dragging the Left mouse button ALWAYS create a flat plate, then the modifier SHIFT would allow you to make this into a filled box without the need for holding CTRL which would allow much easier thick wall or bridge placement. Then the modifier CTRL would allow you to go back to creating just a simple line of blocks from "Point A" to "Point B", which could also be combined with the SHIFT modifier to allow a diagonal wall creation.

I may have more Suggestions later, But for now that is all i can think of.

norab
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:29:48 PM by Gazz »
nora

VitaminK

• Enlistee
  • one.tribe
    • View Profile
    • Planet Explorers Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »

But like vitimine has said alot of these have already been suggested on the old board and are currently being worked on.

However there is only one thing in your post that i would have to SO STRONGLY disagree with because of games like WoW and other Reputation system games.

different reaction towards the player depending on how much he helped him already (with this maybe some special scripts)

I hope Zifei never implements this, i've spent enough time doing reputation quests on World of Warcraft to have any type of interest in doing it on another game.

That being said, there is still the possibility for it to be done Right. If Zifei can manage that, he's a genius and Planet Explorers will become MASSIVE!

Touching on this I think it could still be implemented without going as far as WoW ect.

You could go in the other direction and have it simply be just a reaction to your actions (helping or not, failed or completed quests for them, etc.), not have it unlock things items, quests, what have you.

Contribute by clicking above!

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »

Touching on this I think it could still be implemented without going as far as WoW ect.

You could go in the other direction and have it simply be just a reaction to your actions (helping or not, failed or completed quests for them, etc.), not have it unlock things items, quests, what have you.

Yeah, and i hope if implemented Zifei can pull it off. Because if not, it would be personally a bad thing for me.
nora

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 02:02:34 AM »

Yep, most of the things are or will be implemented. We'll see how well the Kickstarter does to know just how much extra stuff we can do on our budget.  :)

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Mouse Controls
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 02:03:41 AM »

I'm going to hang on to this until after 0.5, 0.6 will probably be our "tweak the character" build.

From Hell

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »

norab7,

I didn't mean the reputation to be the way it is in wow ( to do the same thing over and over again really gets annoying) rather like it was in Gothic (I've only played the first one, so for the 2. and 3. I'm not sure)
Mean a NPC is will tell you this after a certain while(after helping him and some other he considers his friends):

"You've helped me a lot and my friends told me the same. Since you seem to be a nice person I'll offer you this deal:
 There's a giant beast in the forest over there, when it moves at night, it makes so much noise I can't sleep.
 Go and kill it and I'll tell you how to modify swords. I don't tell this everyone, you know?"

What I'd like to add to my list above:
-banners or flag you can "print" your individual label on, in the creative tool would be nice to
-drawbridges
-option to show/hide your helmet

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

So very very much THIS!

I like the helmet style and hat not, just I like my hair too, I would love this to be added :)
nora

Zifei

• Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 05:16:33 AM »

So very very much THIS!

I like the helmet style and hat not, just I like my hair too, I would love this to be added :)

We were just talking about this today, and yeah, we all agree it should be in, so 0.5 it is.  8)

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Bows in the weapon Creator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

------------------
Bows in the Weapon Creator
------------------

I would like to see bows in the weapon creator.
I have not yet used a bow as the guns when made correctly are very much overpowered than the ready built bows.

I would however get straight to using a bow if i could make one myself, I have designs of bows in my head that i would like to try out in a weapons creator if i have the chance.

Also, the bow should be more powerful (in my opinion) that a single-shot pistol.

Because of how accessible the guns are at the moment there is no massive need to spend the meat on buying them. I have jumped the queue of going from sword > bow > gun, just straight to gun every time because guns are so much better for killing things.

Because of how you use bows (dipping in mid air and having a long travel time) they become harder to successfully use, so i think they should be more powerful

tl:dr - Add bows to the weapons creator, and balance weapon damage more :D

------------------
nora

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Armour Creator
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 10:39:37 PM »

------------------
A Creator Dedicated to Making Pieces of Armour
------------------

I would like to see a armour creator put into the game. This would include shields also, as they act more as armour than weapons. Which i know someone has already mentioned.

The armour creator would allow you to creator each piece of armour much like how the weapon creator works, by each piece i mean you would create a different piece of armour for the helm, shoulders, legs, chest, gloves and all the other slots that the player character has.

The difference from the weapon creator would be that instead of working from the handle of a weapon, you would work "Around" a frame of your body. So the chest for example would be a frame of your player characters chest, which would be a specific size for how you made your player in the character creation menu.

This would allow the player to make amazing pieces of armour AND would be the ONLY GAME out there that allows this level of alteration in a games armour creation system (that i know of).

Of course it would still need to have general armour sets for people that can't be bothered to create something and just want to play the game more.

------------------
nora

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Creator Mode Brush Tool
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »

------------------
Creator Mode Brush Tool
------------------

I have used the creator for a little while now and the thing I would like is a Brush tool.

This would be like how the 'Dye' tool works, where you click and drag and it paints the blocks onto the item you are creating. I have been trying to make some items which i would really like to have this with, such as trying to fill up a non-symmetrical multi sided surface (Like a parallelogram but with rounded edges).

Doing something like this can be done in the current tools the creator has, but it would mean using the block placement tool. Which takes a while when you are creating a large weapon.

The Brush tool would be Click and Drag over a surface (other blocks of the reference plane), and would increase the high/width of the blocks by '1 block', if the brush to went back over itself it would increase the high/width of it again by one block.
(So if you held the mouse button and just moved the mouse back and forward over the same area constantly you would eventually get a object that is 50blocks high/wide without ever letting go of the mouse button.

I think this would be a great improvement, and would allow a much easier and more intuitive way of creating weapons/armour

------------------
nora

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Volume Controls
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

I would like a way to control the sound levels in the game. I know these are going to be coming in the coming builds.

But as i use multiple monitors while on my computer i often watch a movie while playing games. This is made difficult as there is no volume control.

I can get around this problem by changing audio inputs and outputs ect in windows, but this is a pain everytime i want to do it, and as a result i turn on of the two things off, mostly the movie goes off, but sometimes it is Planet Explorers if i'm just running around trying to break things.

Please implement this zifei :D
nora
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12