Notice to players who plan to host their game server on a dedicated Windows machine *WITHOUT* a graphics card.
For the current version of the game server, you need to do the following:
1. Create a shortcut to "HostServer.exe"(found under the server directory). If you are unfamiliar with creating a shortcut, you can right click - drag - release the executable file to any empty space in the folder. Then choose "create shortcut" in the popup menu.
2. Right click on the newly-created shortcut and hit "Properties".
3. Find the text field for "Target" under the "shortcut" tab.
4. Insert the text " -batchmode"(double quotes not needed) after "HostServer.exe".
5. The target field should look like "
??\HostServer.exe -batchmode". The question marks are your game server install path.
6. Hit Apply to save the changes. Use this shortcut to start the server.
Please note again that this issue only applies to attempts to host a server on a windows server with no graphics card. If you have a graphics card on the hosting machine, ignore all this.