Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: The Show It or New topic?  (Read 4719 times)

Mac

• Colonist
    • View Profile
The Show It or New topic?
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:12 AM »

Just out of curiosity...Should we be still useing the humongus Show Your Creation thread now that we have this nifty new ISO section or just make a new topic for personal creations?  Especially for those of us just getting going on creating items.

I can see pluses and minuses for going either way and was wondering what ya'll think about this.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
Re: The Show It or New topic?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

Yes and no.

All these little threads are to show off your own personal work, for taking in commissions.  The big thread is still where you strut off your finest works, to attract people to your own personal threads. 

I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

Brenelael

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »

The way I see it is if you only plan on making a few things or if you only think you have a few things out of many that are good enough to show off you want to use the main thread. If you plan on having a lot of higher quality ISO creations you are better off making your own thread as it's the few people that create a lot that made the main thread so huge and unwieldy when trying to sort through it all. There are certain people here like myself that plan on making a lot of very interesting creations with the Editor and we are better off having our own threads than cluttering up the main thread like we have been.

Bren

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »

Exactly!   When your first Debuting, you should introduce yourself and your creations and expertise there.  Everyone has a specific skill.   I can't make cars for hell.   We got some Car Creating Gods here already.   I also tend to suck at guns, and we have some Sharpshooting Hammer Slingers pullin out all the stops for some realistic and modern guns. 

Then you also have me, a Black mage at heart, who has to put up with fighters who love swords so god damn much, that I've learned how to make them.   And yes...  I know he likes swords.   He only said it on four separate occasions in the game.   Let alone 400000000000 times in the comic.

Brenelael

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

I know what you mean Malus. I do really good with vehicles and guns but the few swords I've tried have turned out to be god awful. Everyone seems to have their specialty so far.  8)

Bren

Malus Tepes

• Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

So, a lot of us ((Like me)) will take commissions from anyone.  We'll also often do art trades with each other kinda like on a lot of art sites or... well...  we'll keep those sites outta here.