Pathea Games Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Planet Explorers Released!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anime / Manga  (Read 14328 times)

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Anime / Manga
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:06:28 PM »

Saw that this part of the forum was a little bare so thought that i'd add a topic people could add too when they want :D

Going to make it about Anime Manga since it's in the description of this part of the forum.

What kind of Anime do all the "Planet Explorers" watch, if any ?
(If you don't watch Anime i suggest you should try it. Sh*ts Good)

Main ones i've watched are
-Fate Stay Night (And Zero)
-Shakugan no Shana (All Seasons)
-Kampfer (I lol'd at this)

What kind of Manga do all the "Planet Explorers" read, if any ?

Can't remember what the names of all the ones i've read because they are all Japanese and i'm at work ><

This can also be a place for people to Suggestion Anime and Manga to Watch/Read

Let the Japanese flow through us  8)
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Anime / Manga
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:54:34 PM »

I will say there are things coming to Planet Explorers that are influenced by Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (manga).  ;)

People should also read I am a Hero and One Piece, very good reads. 7 Seeds as well, but the art sucks.

If you like baseball read H2.

As for anime...watch Space Brothers.

saviliana

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »

I watched many anime, not just many, it is really many many of them(more like 1000+)
Because most of them are written in japenese, so I put some of the one which have a english name:
Sky.Crawlers
SABER MARIONETTE
Starship Operators
Natsu no Arash
Wangan MIDNIGHT
Chrno rusade
Rocket Girls
Macross Frontier
Nadesico
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
Tenkou no Escaflowne
Time Travelers (Level 5,same brand on the psp/psv/3ds game)

8bitbeard

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:11:52 AM »

I'm not really into anime, but I have been watching Sword Art Online.  It's about a virtual reality MMO where the VR helmet will microwave your brain if your character dies.  I've found it pretty entertaining so far.

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »

Some Anime's I've seen.

((Sorry, i don't read manga's often.))

Bleach ((I know... too mainstream))
Naruto ((Original... none of that BS in Shippuden... That just SUCKS))
Claymore ((This one, i read the manga to at the start.  Early on, its kinda accurate... then it gets so innaccurate its crazy LOL))
Dance in the Vampire Bung
Pumpkin Scissors ((I like this one a lot.   Mainly, because I love the side characters.))
Full Metal Alchemist ((Both series.  This show is just bad to the ass.))
Demon King Daimon ((Hilarious show.   The ending is WTF cus it gets rushed WAY too quickly.))
Kekaishi
Soul Eater ((This one...  I don't know why I keep watching it.  Every episode annoys me... yet I keep watching it.))
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

From Hell

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:05 AM »

Most of the good one's are already listed here. Just now I can just add:
- Higurashi no naku koro ni
- Hellsing (OVA)

Deadsim3

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

wow, there are a lot of names here that take me back. I have been watching anime way to long to remember them all.

if any of you haven't seen it, "Twelve Kingdoms" was amazing, though its a bit old and hard to find.

I'll mention "Sword art online" again just because its that good 

"Black lagoon" was good, though I haven't seen the latest parts to it.

I don't see "Fairy Tail" here so I will mention that.

:-\ I don't have my list with me at the moment so that's all I got off the top of my head ( that's worth mentioning at least)

I'll come back and add more if I think of them
I will find my own way, even if I don't know where I am.

Toastfinder

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

I prefer anime movies, all most serials have the production values of a vain potato.

Dragonball perfected a very cheap format for anime serials, and I see it copied and replayed more and more as anime becomes a mainstream media instead of cult.

A few a cut above the rest:

Samurai Champloo (pure cheese, cool fights. Akin to Cowboy Bebop)
Trigun (If you watch any anime at all, you probably already know this guy...)
Samurai Jack (Nay-sayers, go cleanse your yellow-fever and come back with true appreciation)
Escaflowne (Already been mentioned, but definitely a highly underrated serial)

Moving on to manga, the Oldboy originals are brilliantly written aswell as beautifully drawn. All the DB and DBZ are great. Also Lone Wolf & Cub is starting to see widespread releases in the west, and must be read for any samurai fans.

Precise

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »

I've watched quite a lot of anime, not so much in any of the recent seasons though... SAO and Initial D 5th stage are the only newer shows I've watched/ am watching.

Anyways here's my top 5 series.

1)Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2)Hajime no Ippo
3)Azumanga Daioh
4)Initial D
5)Air Gear

And top 5 movies.

1)Spirited Away
2)Howls Moving Castle
3)NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind
4)Summer Wars
5)Grave of the Fireflies

As for manga I've only read some of Naruto, Bakuman, Highschool of the Dead and Kurozuka.

MerkerBenson

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »

Well, I don't watch much anime, but the one that truly impressed me was this one:
Legend of Galactic heroes

A brilliant and mature sci-fi with exceptional character development and dialogue. It's based after a book by a famous Japanese author but this doesn't make it any less impressive. Some of the dialogues literally blow my bind. I will never again look at democracy and imperialism in the same way :)

There used to be the whole series on youtube, but I see that account was closed down. Watch the pilot first, "My conquest is the sea of stars" it's simply brilliant!
Lots of humor too, and drama, and action. Really, some of the best sci-fi I've seen. First is Firefly :)

Cheers

Yuki-chan

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

My favorites are

The meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya
K-ON
Eden of the east
Lucky star
clannad

and those are just a few

Malus Tepes

• Dark Lord of Pathea Contests
  • Global Moderator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Leader of the New Marians
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »

My favorites are

The meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya
Lucky star

and those are just a few

I made it through 2 episodes of Haruhi before I literally broke a Computer Moniter in a fit of rage.   She's so annoying.   And now I read that she's supposed to be god or something?   I knew that Life is supposed to be a mean but I HATE her so much.   I couldn't stand that anime for long.   Thats my personal opinion though. 

Lucky star...   ultimate Loli bait show with 18 year old girls who all have the bodies of 12-15 year old girls.   Such...  loli bait.  At least it gave me a few laughs. 

I started watching Black Butler and I love it.  Ciel is so serious that it makes it amusing that his demon butler is the biggest joke.   Super powerful, but he make everything amusing.  Silver and Gold is stolen away.  My dear Lady!  Hehe.   He makes me laugh numerous times in every episode.  I love this anime.  Sadly havn't finished it.   Only gotten to the part where the angel blows up.  But, i'm pretty sure I know who killed Ciel's Parents already.  ((err... who else was involved I mean.))

I also watched Vanguard recently.   Has a few cliche's, but I generally like this one.   I love the idea of the two genders have NO knowledge of the other gender for the most part.   Very amusing comedy.   I love the baldie Pilot.   His main episode touched me deeply .  So sweet.
I am the Head of the New Marians Guild.

MrsCrimson

• Settler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »

Anime/animated series in general doesn't tend to be something I watch a lot of - unless you count the USA kids stuff I grew up with in the 70's - but I was very sick/stuck in bed for a summer a couple years ago and watched some anime series via Netflix. :)

Slayers (all 4 series), Hikaru No Go, Mushi Shi, Samurai Champloo, Fruit Baskets were my favorites. Tried several others with vampires, weird butlers, robot-fighting machines, detectives with talking cats, and other such things, some of which were kinda watchable but couldn't really get into them.

Zifei

• The guy that runs Pathea Games
  • Administrator
  • Planetary Hero
  • Space Pirate!
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 03:00:03 PM »

You guys should really watch the anime of Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), it's just 3 eps in so far, but it's very good. It's being very faithful to the manga right now.

Precise

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

You guys should really watch the anime of Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), it's just 3 eps in so far, but it's very good. It's being very faithful to the manga right now.

I've had the 1st episode of that downloaded since it aired but I just never seem to get around to watching it.
Pages: [1] 2 3