Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Quest Markers - Map  (Read 1682 times)

garfbradaz

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
    • Web Ancedotes
Quest Markers - Map
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »

Hi Guys,

Sometimes there are quest markers on the map and sometimes there they are gone. How to i get them to appear? Also, how to i keep the base marker on the map.

This is Adventure mode.

I w@nk hard, I play hard.

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
Re: Quest Markers - Map
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »

Hi,

Unfortunately some missions don't have markers that will show up on the map so you will have to either read the mission text or lerk on the forums for the answer, such as the mission for 'Peach Flower'.

On the other hand, the missions that do have Markers will only show up when you have the Mission Tracker is open. To open this you will need to click on the scroll of paper icon next to the mini-map, this will open both the Missions and Mission Tracker windows, The Missions window can be closed but the Missions Tracker window MUST be open to have Markers.
There are bugs in the game currently that will close the Tracker window, so just keep an eye on it to see if it has been closed or not while your playing.

In the current Build of the game there is no way for you to put a marker on the Base Camps, basically you just have to remember where it is.
Zifei is currently working on putting something in the game where you can add custom markers to the maps, but it's unknown which build it will be implemented.

There may be more bugs that are stopping the game from registering Mission Markers, If you find any please make a post about them in the bug Section of the forums :D

Hope this has helped, This relates only to a0.41.
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg

garfbradaz

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
    • Web Ancedotes
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that didn't work, so I'm presuming the following missions dont have map markers, which are my current active missions:

Time to Dig
Catapulting
Looking for Survivors
Getting Wood

I put the Mission Tracker open as per below and even left for 10 minutes to see if they would appear. Pressed "M" and no markers.

http://sdrv.ms/10hIWaD
I w@nk hard, I play hard.

norab7

• Global Moderator
  • Settler
  • "The longer the description the more help it is"
    • View Profile
    • Pathea Games
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »

Yeah. These are one of the missions that don't have a marker, because you get them next to the actual place that you need to dig to get the items needed.

Zifei will see this and note it down as a possible bug that could do with fixing. So in the future build this i would imagine this won't be a problem :D
nora
"Apparently Humans have 5 fingers on one hand, not 4"
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1064/1514984641.jpg