My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Mining Loot  (Read 37 times)

apollopatton

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Mining Loot
« on: June 05, 2018, 03:18:13 PM »

Is there a way to make the other relics appear more often, I have gotten multiple pieces of the same item, over and over and over again such as the thermos part 1 or column part 2, so I never get the pieces necessary to complete the relics.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Loot
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »

I don't know for certain, as I haven't done that much relic hunting.  I see screenshots that other people post that have dozens of completed relics in their yards.  They could probably give a more knowledgeable answer.

I would suggest, if it seems like you are not getting a lot of variety, that you reset the mine level periodically.  That should scramble the resource allocation and maybe give a different variety of pieces.  I'm fairly sure that each mine focuses on specific relics, so that you don't go to a different mine to find the missing pieces.

You may want to go ahead and collect several of each piece before you reset, so that you have the opportunity to complete multiple sets (one for the Museum and one or more for yourself).  This may also give you pieces that you can use for the trade board in the Museum.  It doesn't seem like fair trades to me, if I'm reading it right, but I suppose getting one new piece is better than holding onto several duplicate pieces.  The point is you may want/need several duplicate pieces of everything to make it worthwhile to trade.

That's my uneducated guess.  I hope that someone else can answer more definitively.