My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: News Camera  (Read 129 times)

Anteries

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
News Camera
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:35 PM »

Hello,

I have an issue.

I'm on the "News Camera" mission and have spoken with and arranged a date with Merlin for her camera. But the date was held on Day 23, Month 4, Year 1 Winter, the day of the Winder Solstice. I have spoken with Merlin during the event and ever afterwards, but am unable to arrange another date nor am i able to cancel or restart the mission.

Is there another way to arrange the date or restart this mission?

Thanks,

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: News Camera
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »

Winter Solstice is a new thing.  Are you saying that it cancelled your date?  She didn't show up at the rendez-vous?  Just curious what actually happened.  Can you give more detail about what failed?  Did you miss it yourself because of some other Solstice thing, or did the entire thing fail because it was preempted?

Just off the top of my head, I would say restart the day before it scrolls off of your save list... maybe put off starting the quest until the day of Solstice, or the day after, so that there is not an interruption of the quest.

If it is an outdoor event, occasionally these types of "talk to" quests can be fixed by entering and exiting a building to reset the options on the person you need to talk to.  You may have already done this, but if there are cut scenes that play out, enter and exit a building just after the cut scenes end.  Hopefully it will reset the quest before your date begins.

I noticed that something like this happened right after the marriage cut-scene.  Everyone was gathered in the church... apparently most other activities were cancelled for the day.  I had a quest to talk to someone in the church, but I had to leave and come back in before I could talk to them.