Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Character Disappeared @ Hazardous Ruins  (Read 200 times)

Meggiewegs

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Character Disappeared @ Hazardous Ruins
« on: May 31, 2018, 02:12:43 AM »

Thank you for this game. I am having a great time playing.
I wanted to report a bug I found while in the second level of the Hazardous Ruins.

I grabbed the chest (where the X is) and after the animation finished, my character disappeared. Completely.

I was only able to resolve this by fully exiting the game and re-loading. Switching areas did not fix the issue.
When I took the Dee Dee back home, part of my character came back, but she was missing all the hair on her head.

(FYI I did manage to beat the level while invisible. But it was pretty rough.)

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Character Disappeared @ Hazardous Ruins
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 11:38:08 PM »

I'm wondering if the game has a memory leak somewhere.  I recently had an issue where entire chunks of terrain failed to load (fall through to the base layer)... like in minecraft if you travel faster than the chunks can load... only here the chunk never caught up and stayed missing.

I also had to exit to desktop in order to load correctly.  Just relaunching from saved game did not solve the issue.  Seems like a memory full kind of error to me, which is either the game becoming too massive (not likely), or there is a memory leak taking up all of the memory.

It would be interesting to hear if more people (or everyone) is starting to see things disappear.  It is likely a problem with the most recent update, since I don't recall seeing this problem before.

Meggiewegs

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »

It just happened again. Hazardous Ruins. Very similar circumstances.
Could have been from opening a chest or from mobs nearby. I can't tell.
I'm not doing anything weird. Promise.

Akumaguro

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »

Had my character disappear too when leaving the house, see attached screenshot -> http://prntscr.com/jq346p