My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: New game plus/owning a shop/workshop building  (Read 137 times)

Shoddygoods

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
New game plus/owning a shop/workshop building
« on: May 30, 2018, 09:21:31 PM »

Hi
Again apologies if already suggested

i have a fully up and running workshop, trees making more money than i can spend, daily wood (always good) so what's next for the richest man in Portia.
Personally i would like NG+ where i keep all of my current set up and can start all the missions/game again, maybe sacrifice materials and Gols?
Maybe a relationship reset option also before starting NG+

Alternatively or alongside maybe the option to buy or build a shop after unlocking all the available land and then produce goods to sell or take bespoke orders from customers/travellers that pass by the workshop, could be time limited for when they next visit with the possibility to fail, this could be a way to introduce new items into the game easily by having outside visitors request different goods.

Lastly it really worries me all that rain getting on my equipment could there be an option to purchase or build a workshop roof or building that could be expandable as it grows, again a way to extend longevity by extra goals/milestones to achieve.

Fairly random thoughts

Thanks for reading.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: New game plus/owning a shop/workshop building
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:40:14 AM »

I had previously suggested an "open door" workshop building with flooring already wired, and a place for generators along the side.  I like your idea of simply having a workshop roof -- I envision held up by pillars (which we already have a recipe for).  I also can see the possibility of having wall sections that snap to the sides of floor sections, although it might cause problems with helpers to throw up random walls that block their access.

I have seen pictures that people have posted of their workshops.  The variety and extent of designs might make it a negative thing to force people to put things in a certain place, or limit them to what can fit in it.

I'm with you, though... I like structure and I like architecture, rather than having a lawn full of workstations.  The free-flowing design of a snap-together system might appeal to a wider range of people and accommodate any shape of work area, and would be completely optional.  I think most end-game (mid-game) players are already tiling a good portion of their yards -- having their workstations on hardwood decks instead of in the grass -- even if they don't need to be wired.  At the very least it keeps trees from respawning where you don't want them.

Having an actual shop to sell extra items would likely not do well, since prices are governed by the market rates.  You are giving up your ability to buy low and sell high for better profits.

I think it is too soon to be talking about end-game options, but I kind of envision the game ending with a reunion with your father, and how proud he is of all that you have accomplished in his absence.  Since he is somewhere quite distant, I think that the game will migrate through several city scenarios, and possibly building a chain of workshops and having to progress though a whole new set of residents with each city before that reunion happens.  Hopefully you will retain some prestige as well as funding as you move on to new areas, and possibly, if you haven't married someone in Portia, have other marriage options as well.  Your wife would of course join you as soon as you established a new residence.  That's just my thoughts though.

Shoddygoods

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: New game plus/owning a shop/workshop building
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:06:31 AM »

Hi
Yeah was thinking more along the lines of the stable design but modular offering different styles maybe, which would also open the door to individual styling these/this would be purchasable from the construction office and would also enable you to move your set up in one go same as the assembly station.
Integrated power would be great, maybe OP but for late game would be very welcome.

With regards to end game unless a major shift in game mechanics is planned the object is to grow your workshop, build relationships get married etc it does not appear that end credits will ever role and you will just finish all missions/objectives/achievements so i would like the option to take all that i have set up into a new game and complete the missions (which could possibly require more resources to accomplish) again with this more efficient set up.

I have played way more than anyone should over the last 3 weeks or so, 300 hrs (yes i have a lot of time ATM) and in first play through got married 6 times, i started a new play through because Ack was triggering me and wanted to see how Emily was programmed (Stepford Wives) and in this play through stayed faithful and even got to grips with fishing so now my tanks are full of ever hungry fish but for some reason i want to keep starting this game up so the Devs certainly have got something right here, the colour pallet, season changes, music all make it a pleasant place to spend your time. Before this though 250 hours in Dark Souls 3 and billions of hours in Fortnite so maybe my brain needed something nicer after all that screaming, death and dancing.

Thank you for your reply, time to feed the fish (again).

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:22:15 AM by Shoddygoods »