My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Character Creation Colours  (Read 35 times)

SuperSimoholic

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Character Creation Colours
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:59:33 AM »

This is only a small suggestion, or much rather, request.

The colour picker is great, I love that you're not relegated to a handful of pre-determined colours, but the colour picker really bothers me, and I'm going to assume, as I'm not the only person with OCD tendencies, that I'm not the only one who was made uncomfortable by the free-form nature of the colour picker.

I ask that you consider either adding a tab with RGB numbers, like on the Sims 3 Create a style tool, or perhaps just adding the HSV number values under the colour picker, even if you can't actually enter the value you want, just having it displayed would ease my mind exponentially.

Another suggestion/request is adding number values to the face sliders, even if they just show when you're actually dragging the bar, it would be so helpful.

One further subject is that one hair that's a different colour to the others, the two ponytails - could you please re-texture it to match the others. I really want to use it but I just can't bring myself to because it doesn't match. To be fair, adding number values would help here, because i could change the colour to match the other hair and not worry about getting the original colour the same again if i want to change back - i could just remember the numbers.

I understand these kinds of things will likely be at the very bottom of your list of things to worry about, and you might think i'm just being overly dramatic about how uncomfortable it makes me, but it will make a real difference to how I, and people with similar issues, will enjoy the game. Hell, i can't even play sims 4 because they got rid of face sliders and number values, because character creation is my favourite part of most games, it bothers me that much.

Think of it as an accessibility feature, like how some games have a colour blindness mode.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for bothering you.