Pathea Board

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Suggestion: Quick Stack  (Read 313 times)

kebinite

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Quick Stack
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:51:50 PM »

Has anyone suggested a quick stack button yet? I would kill to be able to hit a button at each storage or near storage to automatically stack everything from my inventory into it of matching items. I often find myself dreading dealing with inventory management that it makes me pass up on opportunities to collect things when I could have, just to avoid having to put everything I just picked up away.

I kind of feel like I'm falling into the same trap of other notable games where it becomes a never ending hell of going from chest to bench to chest again. I'm not asking for fuel to automatically pull from my local storage (Though how great would that be...) or an auto-queue feature for things being built (even better) but a quick stack can really go far in a game like this. I don't mean right click to move from chest to box, I mean a button or hotkey that stacks everything from my inventory into the chest if the chest already contains the item. I might be more willing to stab a llama or two on my way home if I could deal with the resulting drops more efficiently.

Thoughts?

Kustox

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Quick Stack
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »

I completely agree.It is annoying sometimes to notice that I forgot to put away that one worn fur on the quickbar or a lonley caterpillar...

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Quick Stack
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »

I think this has been requested several times.  Item storage is improving over time.  I had also suggested a "silo" building that is basically a mass storage unit for the workshop.  A "stack all" button would be a good feature for a building like that... if it becomes available.  Even with the addition of 60 item chests, as the game expands your yard can still become cluttered with boxes and increasingly difficult to remember where everything is stored.  If you count the number of items and resources currently in the game and planned for development, I would estimate at least 500 to 1500 slots would be needed to make space for each resource and manufactured item to be slotted.  I think that pages of 150 (10x15) would be good for allowing you to sort your stuff into categories.  (I haven't actually counted.)  Since so many multi-part relics have been added, I need a number of boxes just to sort out the parts for those.