My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Planet Explorers Version  (Read 568 times)

RheeSykler

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Planet Explorers Version
« on: March 17, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »

On my startup screen it says I am running V1.0.9 and that the latest version is V1.1.1 , so why is my game no updating to newest version ??

Robsonut

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Explorers Version
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »

What version is it? I really want to know. Please introduce me

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »

That's a really good question, and I don't know why it does this.  I have talked to a number of other players and they all say the same thing:  The current version is always showing a step above what it says you are running.  It could be a bug updating the information properly, but it also could be something to do with development vs release versions.  All I can really say is that this is not a problem with your install or auto update.

RheeSykler

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:50:41 PM »

That's a really good question, and I don't know why it does this.  I have talked to a number of other players and they all say the same thing:  The current version is always showing a step above what it says you are running.  It could be a bug updating the information properly, but it also could be something to do with development vs release versions.  All I can really say is that this is not a problem with your install or auto update.

Actually it is the other way around , it says the latest version is 1.1.1 but current version is what you are actually running , when you are on the Startup Screen , if you look at the bottom of screen it tells you what version you are running , I noticed that after starting this post , so maybe the current version is like the main version and then patches added which brings up higher in numbers .

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 03:43:19 AM »

I know this is getting to be an old post, but I just realized what they mean by the "latest version."  This is a language dissimilarity.  In many languages "latest" means "the most recent OUTDATED or PAST version."  Late in American English also can mean dead or past, but "latest" is more commonly interpreted as "most current."  So, it isn't trying to list a current version and an even more current version:

Sometimes the version numbers jump for whatever reason, and so they post the LATE version (latest=most recent before the change) as will as the CURRENT version number on the Beta splash screen.