My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Birthday Dating Bonus  (Read 225 times)

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Birthday Dating Bonus
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »

I think it would be cool if you remember to make a date with someone (ask them for a date) the day before their birthday, that all bonuses/morale would be doubled on their birthday play date, including gift options (which should be quadrupled, since it takes 2x morale to make +1 relationship, so a 2x birthday bonus would be 4x morale bonus for a gift).  Currently gifting on a date gives you less bonus than gifting normally, because it doesn't account for this, so I think that should be fixed even without a birthday double.

If so: making a play date with someone for their birthday would have the potential to fill an entire heart.

While this might not be that useful for someone you are diligently working up (you probably won't see their next birthday before they are maxed anyway), it would be beneficial for maintaining and upgrading everyone else who is on your friend list.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Dating Bonus
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »

I think it would be cool if you remember to make a date with someone (ask them for a date) the day before their birthday, that all bonuses/morale would be doubled on their birthday play date, including gift options (which should be quadrupled, since it takes 2x morale to make +1 relationship, so a 2x birthday bonus would be 4x morale bonus for a gift).  Currently gifting on a date gives you less bonus than gifting normally, because it doesn't account for this, so I think that should be fixed even without a birthday double.

If so: making a play date with someone for their birthday would have the potential to fill an entire heart.

While this might not be that useful for someone you are diligently working up (you probably won't see their next birthday before they are maxed anyway), it would be beneficial for maintaining and upgrading everyone else who is on your friend list.
Hi, thanks for this suggestion. Will pass it to the devs, I personally think the idea of a birthday date will definitely add to the immersion.