My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Some feedback(Spoilers)  (Read 202 times)

TekFan

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Some feedback(Spoilers)
« on: February 26, 2018, 07:40:46 AM »

First of all let me say that I had quite some fun with the game as it is now.
I want to share some feedback from my time with the game.

Graphical design:
Overall I like the comic/anime-appearance of the game. Still, a little more detail in some textures wouldn't hurt. Especially the ground around the roads looks awfully plain and could use some accents like small rocks or puddles when it rains. Same goes for snow on the ground: A little more detail would be nice.

Characters:
I'd like a little more control over the appearance of the player character. The character is voiced by adults, yet looks like a kid. Facial hair for male characters or an age-slider would be nice.
NPCs could show a little more reaction to quests and weather. I couldn't see any difference in the schedule of characters no matter the weather, except for wearing umbrellas. Barely anyone seemed to care for things like the huge metallic bridge that connects everyone to the desert now or even the cave.
Also...the impassive face of the Dee Dee driver is a little unsettling.
I like the idea of voiceovers, but some of it sounds like the recording was made in a fridge.

Combat:
The combat has some nice aspects...but I honestly had no real fun with it. The micro-stun on each hit is just annoying and extremely frustrating if even two enemies can put you into a stunlock. It may be less problematic if the controls were a little more responsive and my character would dodge without some weird delay when I press the button.
I'm no fan of the auto-lock on either and when a swarm of enemies surrounds you, as it often is the case in the lower levels of the caustic ruins, it is next to impossible to focus a single enemy.
A little more diversity in the different levels of the caustic ruin wouldn be nice as well.

Mining:
Sadly, I'm no fan of this either. For some time it's quite fun to run around and scan for relics, but the novelty runs off fast. The mines/abandoned ruins lack some optical features. There is no difference between the two mines, except for the ores and the relic-drops. A few more assets to give each ruin a unique aspect would be a nice step towards improvement.

Farming:
I quite like this. A few more machines to help with it would be fun. There are already sprinklers in the game, let us use them ;D

The workshop:
It feels...very unfinished. Like it had to be there, but no one thought it through. Especially the level 2 workshop:
Outside: Why is there a huge balcony I can't use? What is that small room on the right of the building for? Why is there a huge area that I can't build on at the backwall of the building?
Inside: It would be nice to have some room for bedtables on each side of the bed. Windows?
The fireplace isn't connected to the wall when I place it and of all the furniture I can't put a kitchen into my house?

Leveling:
I like the leveling-system. There is just one thing: We play a builder, yet building in itself yields no experience. Gathering resources, engaging in combat or completing quests is fine, but if I play a builder, it would be nice if things like building would actually impact my level.

Overall I see a lot of promise in the game and I look forward to further content and improvements.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: Some feedback(Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:15:13 AM »

First of all let me say that I had quite some fun with the game as it is now.
I want to share some feedback from my time with the game.

Graphical design:
Overall I like the comic/anime-appearance of the game. Still, a little more detail in some textures wouldn't hurt. Especially the ground around the roads looks awfully plain and could use some accents like small rocks or puddles when it rains. Same goes for snow on the ground: A little more detail would be nice.

Characters:
I'd like a little more control over the appearance of the player character. The character is voiced by adults, yet looks like a kid. Facial hair for male characters or an age-slider would be nice.
NPCs could show a little more reaction to quests and weather. I couldn't see any difference in the schedule of characters no matter the weather, except for wearing umbrellas. Barely anyone seemed to care for things like the huge metallic bridge that connects everyone to the desert now or even the cave.
Also...the impassive face of the Dee Dee driver is a little unsettling.
I like the idea of voiceovers, but some of it sounds like the recording was made in a fridge.

Combat:
The combat has some nice aspects...but I honestly had no real fun with it. The micro-stun on each hit is just annoying and extremely frustrating if even two enemies can put you into a stunlock. It may be less problematic if the controls were a little more responsive and my character would dodge without some weird delay when I press the button.
I'm no fan of the auto-lock on either and when a swarm of enemies surrounds you, as it often is the case in the lower levels of the caustic ruins, it is next to impossible to focus a single enemy.
A little more diversity in the different levels of the caustic ruin wouldn be nice as well.

Mining:
Sadly, I'm no fan of this either. For some time it's quite fun to run around and scan for relics, but the novelty runs off fast. The mines/abandoned ruins lack some optical features. There is no difference between the two mines, except for the ores and the relic-drops. A few more assets to give each ruin a unique aspect would be a nice step towards improvement.

Farming:
I quite like this. A few more machines to help with it would be fun. There are already sprinklers in the game, let us use them ;D

The workshop:
It feels...very unfinished. Like it had to be there, but no one thought it through. Especially the level 2 workshop:
Outside: Why is there a huge balcony I can't use? What is that small room on the right of the building for? Why is there a huge area that I can't build on at the backwall of the building?
Inside: It would be nice to have some room for bedtables on each side of the bed. Windows?
The fireplace isn't connected to the wall when I place it and of all the furniture I can't put a kitchen into my house?

Leveling:
I like the leveling-system. There is just one thing: We play a builder, yet building in itself yields no experience. Gathering resources, engaging in combat or completing quests is fine, but if I play a builder, it would be nice if things like building would actually impact my level.

Overall I see a lot of promise in the game and I look forward to further content and improvements.
Thanks for all these feedbacks and suggestions! Will pass them to the devs. :)