My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: A Couple of Bugs I Noticed  (Read 222 times)

Degrelecence

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
A Couple of Bugs I Noticed
« on: February 16, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »

Not sure if any of these are known issues or not, but I figured I would let you know everything I have seen. I did post this to the Steam forums, and then figured out this was the right place to put them:

-Carol, Lucy, Polly, and Molly's mouth don't move when they talk (probably more, but those are the ones I have noticed).

-Arlo walks in circles in front of the Abandoned Ruins #2 all day and night, I think his pathing is broken

-If you didn't complete the watmelon picking (not sure if that quest is still bugged) then there will be melons in front of Sophie's Farm forever. If you pick one, then you will have a quest item in your inventory forever that can't be dropped or sold.

-I occasionally gain +1 relationship when losing Rock, Paper, Scissors. When winning I sometimes gain +1 and sometimes gain +2.

-Almost every day Tody gets stuck running into the fence on the bridge leading to the island. He stays there forever.

-Dawa occasionally tries to go to town and gets stuck on the big stones just outside the main gate.

-Siwa gets stuck running in to the side of his own house at night when he is trying to go to bed.

-Lee isn't visible during the wedding ceremony.

-At the end of 'play' they sometimes say they can't believe the 'date' is over (it isn't a date).

-Baby chicks often spawn outside their enclosure on Granny's Farm.

-There is a visible on-screen cursor during "Doodle in the Sand."

-Picking up an item that looks like a bronze bar from Higgin's furnace gives you a copper bar and picking up something that looks like a carbon steel bar results in a bronze bar.

-There is an invisible wall directly to the left when you enter the Collapsed Wasteland. It isn't the edge of the map, it isn't even a steep incline. It is just a normal hill you can't walk up. Seems like it should have a fence.

-The collision is off on the top of the building where the chest is, in the Collapsed Wasteland. Normally, I would say it was outside of the intended playable area, if it wasn't for the chest.

---------------------------------------

Maybe bugs:
-There is a person named Han and someone named Cent that are walking around my town. I can talk to them and play Rock, Paper, Scissors but they never gain relationship and doesn't show up in my social list.

-Oaks tells you that Abu the Papa Bear loves fish, but giving him a salmon (the fish that bears eat), catfish, or bannerfish results in a neutral reaction (+1). Haven't tested other fish.

-Only the first outfit is craftable, the other 2x have to be purchased from Carol's shop.

-The gatherable plant fiber bushes respawn at the rate of trees rather then at the rate of gatherable bushes.

-As of the last patch, the Round Table buy everything but cloth (leather, thread, fur, etc). Should they buy everything or should they not be buying animal parts and stone? Interestingly, Mars now buys cloth.

-Oold 'The Passenger' is walking around my town. Can't interact with him and he doesn't appear in my social screen. I think he is the bus driver?

-Can't use an Iron Wooden Plank as fuel for the Fire Powered Generator.

-Fire Powered Generator uses up fuel while nothing is being built. I know it can be turned off but that seemed like a way to chose between wood fuel and powered stones. Not sure if this is intentional.

-When selling items, they aren't taken from the stack you slected.

Suggestions:
-Allow us to get the recipe for the loudspeaker and/or boombox outside of the mission. I hate that I will never have one of them because I chose the wrong chat option.

-Increase the amount of invincibilty frames while dodging (possibly double). Right now, with most enemies auto following mid move and it being finicky, the dodge fails about 50% of the time due to conditions other then skill.

-Giving the Research Center 10x data discs too early can result in them giving you the recipe for the Civil Furnace, which you get from the mission to save the Tree Farm. Basically wasting 10x discs back at a time when they are rare and you need them.

-Give rewards for adding Dee Dee Stops beyond the requirements for the quest.

-Maybe not make us have to feed fish in the fish tank? It seems purely decorative, not sure why it would have a daily task with it.

Hope this is helpful!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:30:44 PM by Degrelecence »

Wards

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: A Couple of Bugs I Noticed
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »

A lot of the bugs you posted I've been wanting to write down and post, as well. Thank you for contributing! Hope a mod/admin sees these!

Degrelecence

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 07:25:24 PM »

@Wards Thanks for saying. I hope it is helpful :)

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:03:23 AM »

Not sure if any of these are known issues or not, but I figured I would let you know everything I have seen. I did post this to the Steam forums, and then figured out this was the right place to put them:

-Carol, Lucy, Polly, and Molly's mouth don't move when they talk (probably more, but those are the ones I have noticed).

-Arlo walks in circles in front of the Abandoned Ruins #2 all day and night, I think his pathing is broken

-If you didn't complete the watmelon picking (not sure if that quest is still bugged) then there will be melons in front of Sophie's Farm forever. If you pick one, then you will have a quest item in your inventory forever that can't be dropped or sold.

-I occasionally gain +1 relationship when losing Rock, Paper, Scissors. When winning I sometimes gain +1 and sometimes gain +2.

-Almost every day Tody gets stuck running into the fence on the bridge leading to the island. He stays there forever.

-Dawa occasionally tries to go to town and gets stuck on the big stones just outside the main gate.

-Siwa gets stuck running in to the side of his own house at night when he is trying to go to bed.

-At the end of 'play' they sometimes say they can't believe the 'date' is over (it isn't a date).

-Baby chicks often spawn outside their enclosure on Granny's Farm.

-There is a visible on-screen cursor during "Doodle in the Sand."

-Picking up an item that looks like a bronze bar from Higgin's furnace gives you a copper bar and picking up something that looks like a carbon steel bar results in a bronze bar.

-There is an invisible wall directly to the left when you enter the Collapsed Wasteland. It isn't the edge of the map, it isn't even a steep incline. It is just a normal hill you can't walk up. Seems like it should have a fence.

-The collision is off on the top of the building where the chest is, in the Collapsed Wasteland. Normally, I would say it was outside of the intended playable area, if it wasn't for the chest.

Maybe bugs:
-There is a person named Han and someone named Cent that are walking around my town. I can talk to them and play Rock, Paper, Scissors but they never gain relationship and doesn't show up in my social list.

-Oaks tells you that Abu the Papa Bear loves fish, but giving him a salmon (the fish that bears eat), catfish, or bannerfish results in a neutral reaction (+1). Haven't tested other fish.

-Only the first outfit is craftable, the other 2x have to be purchased from Carol's shop.

-The gatherable plant fiber bushes respawn at the rate of trees rather then at the rate of gatherable bushes.

-As of the last patch, the Round Table buy everything but cloth (leather, thread, fur, etc). Should they buy everything or should they not be buying animal parts and stone? Interestingly, Mars now buys cloth.

-Oold 'The Passenger' is walking around my town. Can't interact with him and he doesn't appear in my social screen. I think he is the bus driver?

-Can't use an Iron Wooden Plank as fuel for the Fire Powered Generator.

-Fire Powered Generator uses up fuel while nothing is being built. I know it can be turned off but that seemed like a way to chose between wood fuel and powered stones. Not sure if this is intentional.

-When selling items, they aren't taken from the stack you slected.

Suggestions:
-Allow us to get the recipe for the loudspeaker and/or boombox outside of the mission. I hate that I will never have one of them because I chose the wrong chat option.

-Increase the amount of invincibilty frames while dodging (possibly double). Right now, with most enemies auto following mid move and it being finicky, the dodge fails about 50% of the time due to conditions other then skill.

-Giving the Research Center 10x data discs too early can result in them giving you the recipe for the Civil Furnace, which you get from the mission to save the Tree Farm. Basically wasting 10x discs back at a time when they are rare and you need them.

-Give rewards for adding Dee Dee Stops beyond the requirements for the quest.

-Maybe not make us have to feed fish in the fish tank? It seems purely decorative, not sure why it would have a daily task with it.

Hope this is helpful!

Hi thanks for contributing so many bugs to help us with game developments.

As far as I know: (points are in random numbers)
(1). "passengers" are not meant to be in your socail list according to the game design, simply because they are passengers and rarely visit the town. Samingly, some points you listed are not bugs but designs, like Baby chicks are designed to spawn outside their enclosure on Granny's Farm; and Only the first outfit is craftable, the other 2x have to be purchased from Carol's shop.

(2). We're still working on issues related to path-finding. They're not easy to solve...

(3).

-At the end of 'play' they sometimes say they can't believe the 'date' is over (it isn't a date).[/i]

These two bugs have been solved.

(4).

-Picking up an item that looks like a bronze bar from Higgin's furnace gives you a copper bar and picking up something that looks like a carbon steel bar results in a bronze bar.[/i]

These three bugs are to be solved.

And I will pass the suggestions to the devs, thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:23:12 AM by Pgrs39 »