My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Suggestion: Dismounting Ladders  (Read 187 times)

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Dismounting Ladders
« on: February 15, 2018, 03:59:27 AM »

This suggestion is for adding a new feature to ladders, the ability to dismount a ladder while in the middle of the ladder.
There are a couple of methodes for this.
  • Pressing the interact key (default E ) to dismount a ladder at the position you are at.
  • Pressing left or right pluss interact key to dismount the ladder to the left or right of it. This would be usefull for having a ladder span multiple floors and being able to dismount the ladder onto a platfomr next to the ladder at a given floor.

• Settler
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Dismounting Ladders
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:57:40 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's the way it already works.  Maybe it's different for different game modes?

FYI, the "E" key will dismount anything you are on, at any time, so be careful if you are flying... always wear a parachute, glider or jetpack in the air.  Sometimes if you are quick, you can "E" again when you are falling to get back on the vehicle.  Ladders allow you to slide down without actually climbing, if you are close enough to the ladder... or you can "E" to climb on and then "E" again to slide down.  That is a lot faster than climbing down, and safe from injury if you don't have a jet-pack for vertical descent.