My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Game Client Error  (Read 386 times)

Wards

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Game Client Error
« on: February 19, 2018, 04:58:26 AM »

Been happening a lot recently but the game "crashes" but stays on. I get a little black rectangle in the top left corner of my screen where the game is active. I can hear myself swinging my pick, I will pass out when 3am comes around, etc, but I can't get the game to actually show up again. If I hit Esc, my cursor changes to the menu cursor and I can hear the button sounds if I hover over the middle of the screen.

Anyone else?

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Game Client Error
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »

When I tab to windows I get similar behavior.  Are you actually back at the desktop or is it a blank screen with a box in the corner? I presume there is no icon in the launch window that shows active that you can click on to get back to the game...

If you are not at the desktop, try hitting the windows button and then click the game icon in the launch window to get back to the game.  See if it is still black or if the game reloads successfully.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 06:00:19 AM »

Been happening a lot recently but the game "crashes" but stays on. I get a little black rectangle in the top left corner of my screen where the game is active. I can hear myself swinging my pick, I will pass out when 3am comes around, etc, but I can't get the game to actually show up again. If I hit Esc, my cursor changes to the menu cursor and I can hear the button sounds if I hover over the middle of the screen.

Anyone else?

Hi, if you can hear all in-game sound, but can't see anything when the game launches, that might be to do with graphics card not meeting the requirements (check here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/666140/My_Time_At_Portia/), or you can post your system specs here and I will check it for you.

Wards

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 02:49:22 AM »

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ is my graphics card, haha. Doubt it can't handle Portia.

and to answer Omidawn, it is showing the desktop with the black box in the corner. And there is an icon on the taskbar but it just puts me "in" the black box.

haven't played in a couple weeks so I don't know if it's still happening.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ is my graphics card, haha. Doubt it can't handle Portia.

and to answer Omidawn, it is showing the desktop with the black box in the corner. And there is an icon on the taskbar but it just puts me "in" the black box.

haven't played in a couple weeks so I don't know if it's still happening.

Yes, your graphics card can totally handle MTaP.

Can you double check whether this problems still exists and possibly get back to me? If not, then great. If it's still there, we shall try to figure out what went wrong.

Also, I am wondering did this problem happening after the game running for some time, or at launching, or both?