My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Multiple Commission Option  (Read 499 times)

Failisse

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Multiple Commission Option
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:54:29 AM »

So, maybe there is a mechanism for this and I just donít know about it, but Iíd love to be able to take more than one commission a day.

Sometimes I am able to get done early with a commission because I have all the necessary ingredients, but Iím not allowed to take another. If Iím supposed to be an amazing builder I should be able to take multiple commissions in one day.

Just a thought.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Commission Option
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »

The Commerce Rules state that you may only have one commission per day.  Think of it as being an anti-trust/anti-monopoly law.  That doesn't prevent you from making and stockpiling resources for future commissions, or from selling extra production to the stores for extra money (or to produce items for gifts).  I think the intent is for you to use any spare time you have to do other things: hunting/looting, fishing, quarrying, exploring, dungeoneering, digging for relics, socializing... there is a lot to do and very little time to do it in.  If you are only doing commerce commissions, you are missing out on other aspects of life in Portia.

Don't worry about Higgins... you will catch up to him eventually, especially if you get to the board before him every day.  I like that he now seems to only do commissions M-F... he used to do commissions on Saturday too.  That makes it a little faster to get to the #1 slot and hold onto it, since you have 2 extra days per week that you can use to surpass him, and not have to worry about getting to the board at 8AM to get the best commission.

Failisse

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »

There are days when I donít take commissions because I want to do other things and there are days when I want to take only commissions because they make me the most money.

Yes you can sell to other vendors, but itís not going to make you as much unless you sell multiple amounts. Itís not as efficient as commissions which go well beyond any retail or seasonal price.

I donít worry about catching up to Higgins so much as I worry about buying more property and upgrading my house and workstation, expensive endeavors. Thatís why I think there should be a system, as you begin to make a name for yourself, to be trusted to do more commissions. I wouldnít even mind if the other workshop owners had that same opportunity.

But like I said, itís just a thought.

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »

Yes you can sell to other vendors, but itís not going to make you as much unless you sell multiple amounts. Itís not as efficient as commissions which go well beyond any retail or seasonal price.

Not true.  Read my tips on quarrying and fishing... you do make more money from either of those than from B level commissions, if you are good at it.  You need to have an iron pick to get the big rocks and crystals.  Even with a bronze pick you can probably do about half that, which is still twice to three times what you would make on C and D level commissions at that level.  You do need to watch the market and sell your stone tables when the return is good.

Your bread and butter in the early game (once you have bronze or better tools) should still be quarrying, and you should be able to upgrade your property, workshop and house by the end of the 3rd month with the supplemental income.

Failisse

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 06:43:09 AM »

I'll get started on those stone tables. Mind linking me to your quarrying and fishing tips? Thank you for the help btw.  :)

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 01:08:50 AM »

I had to update a little for the newer game version, but in general everything still holds true.  I have only been fishing once since the update, and there are a lot of new fish.

Tips for Quarrying
http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=10099.msg56016#msg56016

Tips for Fishing (blubberguts thread: For those who have trouble fishing)
http://board.pathea.net/index.php?topic=9913.msg55475#msg55475

EDIT: When you read the update to the tips, keep in mind that I have a level A workshop, which means I can grind out pipes and cut boards non-stop for the entire week, in addition to filling commissions.  I think I ended up with somewhere over 40+ Dining Tables and 90+ Stone Tables (with 2 relic dives for extra stone).  I waited for a decent market price (109%)... plus being able to sell the gems that you also get from quarrying (about a third of the total gain).  I got lucky and got two orders for water engine from the commissions, so the net for the week was around 20000 gols.  Scale down depending on your level of workshop.  Even at level D you should be able to make around 2000 gols per week.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:04:13 AM by Omidawn »

Failisse

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 08:07:06 PM »

Thanks Omidawn! I'll be sure to use your guides to help bring in more income. So far, the stone tables and selling the quarrying gems has already helped quite a bit.  :D

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 09:56:39 AM »

The Commerce Rules state that you may only have one commission per day.  Think of it as being an anti-trust/anti-monopoly law.  That doesn't prevent you from making and stockpiling resources for future commissions, or from selling extra production to the stores for extra money (or to produce items for gifts).  I think the intent is for you to use any spare time you have to do other things: hunting/looting, fishing, quarrying, exploring, dungeoneering, digging for relics, socializing... there is a lot to do and very little time to do it in.  If you are only doing commerce commissions, you are missing out on other aspects of life in Portia.

Don't worry about Higgins... you will catch up to him eventually, especially if you get to the board before him every day.  I like that he now seems to only do commissions M-F... he used to do commissions on Saturday too.  That makes it a little faster to get to the #1 slot and hold onto it, since you have 2 extra days per week that you can use to surpass him, and not have to worry about getting to the board at 8AM to get the best commission.
Yes, exactly