My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: suggestions  (Read 228 times)

scylia

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
suggestions
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:53:57 PM »

it would be cool if we could directly type the number of objects that we want to sell
it would be cool to have flower decals from time to time to vary from the grass
it would be nice to be able to change the movement inputs for people like me who have an azerty keyboard
it's frustrating not being able to put on a rug or to lay a rug under objects
and it would be nice to be able to change places or recover the objects already placed

Omidawn

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:51:59 AM »

it would be cool if we could directly type the number of objects that we want to sell

I agree.  You used to be able to do this... maybe it was changed because of a bug, or maybe when the market was updated it was disabled by mistake.  I'd like to be able to do this again though.  It is much faster than having to use the +/- buttons. This also applies to the workshop items when selecting amounts of fuel.  I think that is also disabled, where you used to be able to click on the amount and type in a specific number.

I prefer the ease of seeing the plants that can be gathered.  Flowers would make it harder to spot the pickable plants.  So, I have to disagree with this.  If time were not so limited each day, I wouldn't mind spending more time hunting for things.  As it is, it is a mad dash from plant to plant then on to the next mission.  Visibility is very valuable, and camouflaging the usable plants among a bunch of flowers would be nothing but frustrating for me.

it would be nice to be able to change the movement inputs for people like me who have an azerty keyboard

lol.  A what? funny. I think you can map the hotkeys/keyboard in the options if you want to change the mapping, but I may be wrong about this.  I'm not at home so I can't double check.

and it would be nice to be able to change places or recover the objects already placed

I agree.  I think it could be handled easily if they only allow you to move objects "on top" before being able to move an object underneath.  (I.e. you couldn't move a rug until you remove whatever is on top of it.)  Otherwise you would run into problems of "rug glitching" objects in a game that isn't intended for that kind of build. So, only the top object would be accessible/interactable, and everything underneath would be decorative/static.

I think there also could be an interface in the home where you could see a list of household objects that have attributes, and be able to select from the list which ones you want to be "active" if you have more objects than the number allowed for your upgrade stat enhancements.  (You are not limited to that number of objects, but I don't know how it determines which ones are active for your stats.  It may be FIFO, LIFO or it may check the stats and select the highest values... who knows?  I haven't bothered to test it. In any case, I would prefer being able to manually select which ones are active, and which ones are decorative.)

As far as moving objects that have been placed, you can pick them up by hitting them twice with your ax.  I would also like to be able to put books, lamps, etc on top of desks and tables.  This would follow the same rule:  if you try to move an object with something on top of it, you would get a message "You have to pick up the object on top before you can pick up this object (table, desk, rug)."

I think they may be working on furniture that you can sit on, too, and maybe have your spouse interact with.  I think that would also be very good for immersion.

Pgrs39

• Global Moderator
  • Enlistee
    • View Profile
Re: suggestions
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »

I agree.  You used to be able to do this... maybe it was changed because of a bug, or maybe when the market was updated it was disabled by mistake.  I'd like to be able to do this again though.  It is much faster than having to use the +/- buttons. This also applies to the workshop items when selecting amounts of fuel.  I think that is also disabled, where you used to be able to click on the amount and type in a specific number.

I prefer the ease of seeing the plants that can be gathered.  Flowers would make it harder to spot the pickable plants.  So, I have to disagree with this.  If time were not so limited each day, I wouldn't mind spending more time hunting for things.  As it is, it is a mad dash from plant to plant then on to the next mission.  Visibility is very valuable, and camouflaging the usable plants among a bunch of flowers would be nothing but frustrating for me.

lol.  A what? funny. I think you can map the hotkeys/keyboard in the options if you want to change the mapping, but I may be wrong about this.  I'm not at home so I can't double check.

I agree.  I think it could be handled easily if they only allow you to move objects "on top" before being able to move an object underneath.  (I.e. you couldn't move a rug until you remove whatever is on top of it.)  Otherwise you would run into problems of "rug glitching" objects in a game that isn't intended for that kind of build. So, only the top object would be accessible/interactable, and everything underneath would be decorative/static.

I think there also could be an interface in the home where you could see a list of household objects that have attributes, and be able to select from the list which ones you want to be "active" if you have more objects than the number allowed for your upgrade stat enhancements.  (You are not limited to that number of objects, but I don't know how it determines which ones are active for your stats.  It may be FIFO, LIFO or it may check the stats and select the highest values... who knows?  I haven't bothered to test it. In any case, I would prefer being able to manually select which ones are active, and which ones are decorative.)

As far as moving objects that have been placed, you can pick them up by hitting them twice with your ax.  I would also like to be able to put books, lamps, etc on top of desks and tables.  This would follow the same rule:  if you try to move an object with something on top of it, you would get a message "You have to pick up the object on top before you can pick up this object (table, desk, rug)."

I think they may be working on furniture that you can sit on, too, and maybe have your spouse interact with.  I think that would also be very good for immersion.

Thanks for the cool replies. I think they are very helpful for optimizing the game, especially the part talking about the rug. Will pass them to the devs. :)