My Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Time at Portia enters Early Access on Jan 23rd 2018!

Author Topic: Improvements on Abandoned Ruins  (Read 168 times)

rodrigopsasaki

• Enlistee
    • View Profile
Improvements on Abandoned Ruins
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:05:28 PM »

At the end this may come down to personal preference, but please bear with me.

I think this game is really great, I have played it for hours and it's really immersive and pleasing. The art is beautiful and appealing, the gameplay controls get better with every patch, and I just love following through with the story and the fun side quests. But one think is really horrible for me, and that's the abandoned ruins mining experience. And I'll point out the reasons why:

The biggest reason of my frustration, you need to buy a weekly pass, and when you do this you want to get the best out of your investment, so you should mine all day every day, and it's mindnumbingly boring to do that. It's very repetitive and it's a lot of time and money investment for little reward from the game. I think any game should focus on what is fun, and I know that this can get subjective, but spending so much time and not even getting what you want is just annoying.

For example: Say you need to mine for a specific item, circuits, discs, what have you. You have no tooling to help you mine for what you really want, you just need to hope for some luck on the relics that you find. And I don't mind grinding when it's fun in some way, but this really isn't after the first few rounds.

For me personally, if I could mine for specific relics and buy daily passes, it would really make the whole game a lot more enjoyable. There could still be a weekly pass with a discount, giving us the choice of what to do.